December 18, 2014 | 1170 users online

Fragrances - Ellen Tracy - Ellen Tracy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by kristamb

I got a great deal on this at TJ Maxx ($7.99 for a 4-pack of Ellen Tracy roller balls!) so I decided to blind buy it...I really like Ellen Tracy. It is a nice basic scent, on the verge of being a uni-sex scent, in my opinion (maybe it's the sandalwood?). If you are looking for something really unique, this probably isn't it. But if you want a nice, basic scent that is perfect for everyday, not overly feminine, and not over powering for others, this may be it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by FlameDancer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely a Doll Head fragrance -- it's got that terribly sweet, powdery plastic smell to it, that done well, is fascinating and wonderful, and done not so well, is just obnoxious. This one leans toward the obnoxious end of that scale.

Ellen Tracy is a linear sweet violet rose perfume with creamy, sweet plum and synthetic jasmine. It's extremely sweet and plasticy, and very juvenile. If it were less synthetic and sweet, it would be very much the rose-violet old-fashioned lipstick scent that I am still looking for at an affordable price, but unfortunately, with floral fragrances, especially jasmine and rose, you really do get what you pay for. The quality of the materials are of extreme importance.

If you like your florals very, very sweet, this one might appeal to you, and its available for cheap on various sites.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Lilosette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a deadringer to Kenzo's Flower
with the sweet powdery note of rose unlike
kenzo it's more of a softer and sweeter
undertones of Peach and Cinnamon kenzo is
more of a drier and ozonic feel.
The opening of spicy note of carnation with of the velvety texture of rose dries
down to fiery sandalwood and sweet cinnamon dries the top note.

The powdery feel disappears as sweet nutty accord of Tonka Bean opens the middle notes as the hint of soft peach
makes it's presence known and also adds
to the softness of the scent. Jasmine
with it's faint & elusive scent blooms.

Freesia is an understated note in this
perfume with it's quiet and suble sweetness ends this scent with an quiet
grace. Linda Allard i tried to like this
but what turned me off is the harsh
powdery opening prevents me to love this
scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Closest thing I have to a "signature scent" - I love it. It's light and pretty and inoffensive. I get compliments wearing it, but usually when people are close, so I know I don't have a cloud of fragrance gagging everyone around me. I can freshen it up throughout the day without the fear of it getting too cloying on me. Overall a clean, fresh scent that is suitable for all occasions.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

After reading the reviews here, and not being able to sniff this any where due to no one carrying it any longer, I decided to try this one. Big mistake! I am not usually that sensitive to perfumes but this one just makes me sneeze! It reminds me of Sirene but not nearly as acceptable of a scent. Perhaps the bottle I got is old or something? I am unsure what the problem is, but I just cannot wear this fragrance. It was not a cheap buy so I will try to return this perfume, something I usually do not do with fragrances because even if I don't care for a scent one day, other days I may just like it. In this case though, I cannot get past the sneezing long enough to even think about using it. So....for whatever the reason is, I cannot, in good belief, say go grab this one. Some say this perfume is under-rated to them, and others say different. Perhaps this is one of those scents that only some people can wear if they are not allergic to whatever is in there. I gave it a 5 on the pretty bottle. ;-)
Update: I just read that Lis Claiborne allows the Ellen Tracy perfumes in her corporation of fragrances. Not that she designed the E.T. fragrances, but rather just among her list of fragrances. Who knew???

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a sweet, powder musk perfume(on me, anyway!). I like this as it's casual for everyday wear. It's just not my favorite as I've smelled a lot of perfumes similar to this. If you use it with a heavy hand, this may be too sweet.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by aquasea2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm the bad seed who didn't like this .. and I feel bad b/c I nearly liked it but there's just this sharp annoying note that gets in the way of the peach and will not subside. Aggravating. Putting it up for swap. I bought the linda allard LE and it's much better on me - but doesn't last like I would have hoped.

>>>>>
This is a real scrubber .. it's making me feel nauseous. bleh

UPDATE
Ok - here's a tip. Ellen Tracy original PLUS Ellen Tracy Linda Allard LE EQUALS acceptablepeachy fragrance. Oh but it's really too much effort all that layering ..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have gotten the most compliments from MEN and women while wearing this perfume. A guy I was dating actually helped me pick it out a few years ago.. this was his winning choice. Then, I had men at work literally tell eachother I smelled so good, and they would come up to me to smell it! It is warm, but not over the top. I always think of this as a fall/winter smell.. I usually don't wear it in hot weather. It brings back good memories and is known as my signature scent. I even had a co-worker purchase it for herself AND her mother and sister for Xmas presents after smelling it on me at work! No one ever knows about this scent which is great.. you'll be unique, I LOVE IT!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by MsLileli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not bad! I have an EDT sample and it smells like candy on me, in a pleasant manner actually. Sweet, soft, and subtle - very suitable for daytime use as it will make you smell plain good without being brash, loud or pushy. 3 lippies only though because I can think of some other scents which do that job even better and with a little more personality.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by productaholica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this scent. It's light, airy, sophisticated and perfect for the office. I'm surprised people would describe it as an oriental since it's not very heavy in spice. I don't smell this very often on others–definitely not a mainstream scent.

I had originally purchased this years ago for full price, but it's now available at discounters like TJ Maxx/Marshalls and I picked it up again for less than $15.