April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Blushingbeauty28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful lipstick ever. I asked the MUA at M.A.C what would be the best nude lipstick that doesn't washes me out. For reference, I am a NC 43. At first she recommended Blankety but it's the exact same color as Nyx Mega Shine Lipgloss in Natural, then she gave me Taupe and it has changed my life. Whenever I change purses, this lipstick always come first. When I don't feel like wearing a pop of red lipstick or dark a lippie, Taupe always replaces it. At first, I didn't get this lipstick in the past beacuse a lot of people complained it was too brick of a color, however when I tried it on, it was more of a neutral shade for my skintone. I don't consider this lipstick as a nude shade, but more neutral. And to make it more awsome it's matte so the staying power will last for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by msharajuku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great caramel nude lipstick for olive skin tones, reminds me of NARS Bahama but with less of a pink undertone. I also love that prices are affordable and the hydrating formula of their lipsticks! Definite winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for my HG nude lipstick for years. I've tried all sorts of brands and colors and have never found a color like this!!! I originally had Honeylove which was a beautiful color nude, but I still wanted a nude with a BIT more color to it. sometimes the Honeylove would look a bit "concealer mouth" on me and I didn't like that. but Taupe is EXACTLY the shade I've been searching for all this time! i already had the lip liner in Stripdown that I bought originally with Honeylove, and it still matches great with Taupe as well. I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this again when I run out!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

Taupe is a gorgeous, medium intensity brown with hints of both plum and red. Very flattering. I am a lipstick junky and this is one of the few lipsticks I have used up several times, even though I have so many. It's that good. I was recently in my local Nordstrom and tried to purchase it. They were out. I panicked--did MAC discontinue it? Heck no, it's very popular. We just ran out. I was able to get it at the MAC store in the same mall. Phew. Disaster averted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

HG for me. NW45 for ref. this shade looks great as nude shade and it's matte. Win win in my book. It's not a drying matte like ruby woo but it's absolutely shine free. I think the soft brown color would flatter a wide range of skin tones as well. I love it. On my second tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Overload

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great matte, nude lip for darker skintones.
I have Indian, NC44 skin and this is one of the only nudes that does not wash me out. It is a peach/pinky-brown on me, but more brown than pink. I love the matte finish, and it stays on for several hours. I do have to emphasize my eyes when I wear this, but I have to do this with al nudes because my face can fall a little flat when wearing nudes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by thandiepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though i have tons of nude lipsticks, i just could not resist purchasing Taupe after i saw a youtube video with a lady about my skin tone rocking taupe. It looked gorgeous on her and is absolutely amazing on me as well (MAC C8).
This is a matte finish which I love. It has a good amount of slip to it though and is nowhere near as drying as the fabulous ruby woo. The color on my lips is closest to a very warm peachy pinky brown. There is no mauve tone to this lipstick at all, and that makes it awesome in my books.It is not lighter than my skin tone, so you don't get that light nude look. It is utterly posh and beautiful on me and i am loving every minute of wearing it with MAC cork as a liner.
I see Taupe becoming my go-to lipstick. Other nudes i love are Revlon Mink and Nyx Tea

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by QWERTY2345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is NOT a dupe for Revlon's Cocoa Craving like a reviewer below said. I have both and MAC's is a brick reddish brown, the Revlon is an orangey red brown. Keep that in mind whenever someone says ______ is a dupe for _______. The same lipstick (as well as blushes) can look very different on people, depending on your skintone and natural lip color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

The make up artist suggested this color when I mentioned I wanted a neutral /coral color for my NC45 coloring. The name is misleading to me, it's in the warm family. I love this color! It's very similar to the color Touch, and browner than Mocha. It looks like a beautiful peachy clay color on my lips, nice for a every day look and giving me a warmer look in the winter. Not very drying so far and it looks very nice with dot of MAC's Sublime Shine gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for this colour. I melted some of my old neutral colour lipsticks into something resembling this colour but hated using it because it was in a jar and came out slightly lighter than I was used to.
But this is the right peachy brown neutral colour for my warm skin, it brightens up my face and is everyday classic - perfect for no-makeup makeup. It is best worn with lip balm underneath and has more slip than the other MAC Mattes that I've tried whilst still being highly pigmented and easy to wear.