January 26, 2015 | 2082 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick for everyday. I range from NC40 through NC44 according to the MAC foundation system. This is a beautiful reddish brown color on fairer skin tones, and a gorgeous deep nude color on NC40 and up skin tones. It is long wearing, matte, but not drying (thank goodness). I have very oily skin, and even my lips can be quite moisturized nearly 24/7, so for me the lipstick lasts around 4 hours if I'm only drinking water and other drinks. This neutral shade should not be overlooked, and I have yet to find a dupe for this, so I definitely will be repurchasing this color year-round :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by PentacleQueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC40/42, and this lipstick is my perfect MLBB and also the perfect Kylie lip. That being said, it is a bit pricey, and I feel like it's not something I can't live without, so I will be searching for a cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mimibeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HOLY GRAIL lipstick! Bought a couple of weeks ago and I am hooked!!
Quite similar to my Glamour Era liptstick by MAC, but this one has more brownish undertones. Looks beautiful on a lot of different skin colours.
Not drying, very flattering to my skin tone (NC30-35 - Mariah Carey skin tone :P )

I would honestly recommended it if youre looking for that beautiful brown-reddish colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by yejmin13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing colour! Whether it's for everyday use or a special occasion this colour I feel really does compliment my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I bought Taupe, Brave & Velvet Teddy this week & am in love w all 3 ESP Taupe! Taupe is what I had hoped VT would be, even better! Taupe is one of my new HG, it's got a boring name but it's definitely not a boring color even if it's kinda nude & conservative. It looks brick brown in the tube but translates into a beautiful dark nudish brown with peach undertones & a hint of reddish. Like VT it is also a very complex color. If you are into brown or nudes esp darker (as in not concealor lips!) nudes then you will like this. Every brown/bronze/dark nude lipstick girl will appreciate the brown aspect of this lipstick. Simply gorgeous! Seems very neutral, doesn't pull grey like VT does on me. This will make a fantastic Fall/Winter color on me. This is high end makeup for me, I am in love with MAC lippies, I have about 25 of the lipstick/lipglasses & love them all!! I love how complex the MAC colors are. They are not easily duped, but this reminds me so very much of my beloved DC'ed WnW Mocha Bean that I have been looking for years for a replacement coz I must have used about 15 tubes of that lol I mean it was my fave lippie of all time ever....i wish I had discovered this sooner. Thanks to the reviewers here on MUA whom got me hooked on this & many other gr8 products. Just awed too by how awesome MAC lippies really are, they truly are an addiction!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Adore it, not just love it!!!

The most beautiful nude lip for my NC20-25 skin ever!! Does not make me look like a corpse or ill, on the contrary it is such a bright nude!

Such a beautiful reddish brown shade! I wear it with Nice & Spicy or Mahogany lip liners, the first one during daytime and the second one for a more dramatic lip.

I really recommend it, you won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by honrey23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I was on a hunt for the best brown lipstick.. And after reviewing all Mac shades I decided to get this because it has a matte finish. It's not the brown shade that I was looking for when I tried it on, but this one has been my go to lipstick. This is my MLBB. It is matte but it doesn't make my lips dry. This is definitely my most abused lipstick lol..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of my HG lipsticks. Makes for such warm pretty neutral lip and suits a wide variety of skin tones. I love MAC's matte formula, some find it dry but for me it's just right and stays put for hours. Get it, you won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went in to MAC originally wanting Velvet Teddy. But soon realized it was like something I already own. the MUA suggested Taupe. I didnt like it but I got it anyway LOL

GLAD I DID. I put on a lil CORK lipliner with this and it was my perfect nude lip! very pleased.

not sure how the MAC way of describing your skin tone so I'll say I wear revlon photo ready in Cappucino :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my fav lipstick for when I want a natural nude look or for the daytime. Had to find a replacement for my mac bad girl riri lippy and this was the closest to it and I'm truly happy with this shade :-)