October 21, 2014 | 2139 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by yejmin13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing colour! Whether it's for everyday use or a special occasion this colour I feel really does compliment my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I bought Taupe, Brave & Velvet Teddy this week & am in love w all 3 ESP Taupe! Taupe is what I had hoped VT would be, even better! Taupe is one of my new HG, it's got a boring name but it's definitely not a boring color even if it's kinda nude & conservative. It looks brick brown in the tube but translates into a beautiful dark nudish brown with peach undertones & a hint of reddish. Like VT it is also a very complex color. If you are into brown or nudes esp darker (as in not concealor lips!) nudes then you will like this. Every brown/bronze/dark nude lipstick girl will appreciate the brown aspect of this lipstick. Simply gorgeous! Seems very neutral, doesn't pull grey like VT does on me. This will make a fantastic Fall/Winter color on me. This is high end makeup for me, I am in love with MAC lippies, I have about 25 of the lipstick/lipglasses & love them all!! I love how complex the MAC colors are. They are not easily duped, but this reminds me so very much of my beloved DC'ed WnW Mocha Bean that I have been looking for years for a replacement coz I must have used about 15 tubes of that lol I mean it was my fave lippie of all time ever....i wish I had discovered this sooner. Thanks to the reviewers here on MUA whom got me hooked on this & many other gr8 products. Just awed too by how awesome MAC lippies really are, they truly are an addiction!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Adore it, not just love it!!!

The most beautiful nude lip for my NC20-25 skin ever!! Does not make me look like a corpse or ill, on the contrary it is such a bright nude!

Such a beautiful reddish brown shade! I wear it with Nice & Spicy or Mahogany lip liners, the first one during daytime and the second one for a more dramatic lip.

I really recommend it, you won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by honrey23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I was on a hunt for the best brown lipstick.. And after reviewing all Mac shades I decided to get this because it has a matte finish. It's not the brown shade that I was looking for when I tried it on, but this one has been my go to lipstick. This is my MLBB. It is matte but it doesn't make my lips dry. This is definitely my most abused lipstick lol..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of my HG lipsticks. Makes for such warm pretty neutral lip and suits a wide variety of skin tones. I love MAC's matte formula, some find it dry but for me it's just right and stays put for hours. Get it, you won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went in to MAC originally wanting Velvet Teddy. But soon realized it was like something I already own. the MUA suggested Taupe. I didnt like it but I got it anyway LOL

GLAD I DID. I put on a lil CORK lipliner with this and it was my perfect nude lip! very pleased.

not sure how the MAC way of describing your skin tone so I'll say I wear revlon photo ready in Cappucino :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my fav lipstick for when I want a natural nude look or for the daytime. Had to find a replacement for my mac bad girl riri lippy and this was the closest to it and I'm truly happy with this shade :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Well I'm a brown girl w/ brown lips w/ a purple under-tone naturally. This lipstick is amazing! The formula may be dry-esque & matte, however, it fills in all of the cracks well so it can be used on its own OR under-neath a gloss...Furthermore, I really like to use this MAC Taupe then throw a pale pink layer over it. Very versatile & I will re-purchase...Oh, & it lasts quite a few hours on my lips yet does not feel heavy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, TAUPE! Who knew you were so insanely flattering that you'd become my new HG!? I mean, who wants a lipstick named "Taupe"?--it kind of breaks my heart that MAC didn't come up with a more inciting name. But I'm usually a neutrals girl for the sake of simplicity and versatility, so "Taupe" is right up my alley!

ANYWAY, Taupe is a gorgeous ylbb color on my pinkish, Celtic-looking self: nw20 skin and reddish pigmented lips. (I'm probably more about nw25 since I'm sportin' my summer tan ;). I'm getting a little older and paler nudes don't look as flattering as they used to, so I've been getting away from my old HG, Velvet Teddy, and Taupe is it's replacement; Taupe has little more color, it's a little bit warmer toned and hence, more wearable. This is a very nuanced color: there's this odd sort of brownish-warm-berry pigmentation that I see in it at times that sounds ugly, but man, it's really lovely on the lips. Sometimes I'll add a tiny dab of Russian Red on top…I know that sounds crazy but the compliments I get and questions about what color I'm wearing happen more than ever (and it's the only reason I keep Russian Red around). Go ahead and do your Google image search and see how flattering Taupe is by itself on so many different skin tones...then go try it for yourself.

I'm always a huge fan of MAC's mattes, we get along so well that they're always my first stop when searching for a new color. Taupe feels velvety, it's pigmented and it's long lasting. It's the color that's always in my bag and has become ideal for every situation. I wear it with NYX lipliner in "Natural" and really couldn't be more pleased!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Blushingbeauty28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful lipstick ever. I asked the MUA at M.A.C what would be the best nude lipstick that doesn't washes me out. For reference, I am a NC 43. At first she recommended Blankety but it's the exact same color as Nyx Mega Shine Lipgloss in Natural, then she gave me Taupe and it has changed my life. Whenever I change purses, this lipstick always come first. When I don't feel like wearing a pop of red lipstick or dark a lippie, Taupe always replaces it. At first, I didn't get this lipstick in the past beacuse a lot of people complained it was too brick of a color, however when I tried it on, it was more of a neutral shade for my skintone. I don't consider this lipstick as a nude shade, but more neutral. And to make it more awsome it's matte so the staying power will last for hours.