MAC Matte - Taupe

4.2

This lipstick would be my favourite over velvet teddy if it weren't so drying! It is similar to velvet teddy but a deeper colour on my nw20 skin tone and i love the shade so much. I wish i could wear it more but its just SO drying on me so it really puts me off choosing it. But when i do, my boyfriend and others love the colour. Some have said the colour doesn't work on paler skin but it does for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

In love with this colour! It's the perfect outer lining kind of brown, absolutely gorgeous. I have very tanned Caucasian skin tone and although I don't use Taupe as a colour on its own I love to match it with MAC Honeylove on the inside of the lining or blending it with Hourglass Nude Femme No.5!

As with every MAC matte lipstick its best to scrub and moisturize your lips 15-20 minutes before application otherwise you're in for the driest time of your life.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I used this lipstick for the first time today and I love it on my dark skin tone (NW45). I lined it with a dark brown NYX lipliner. I will try NYX espresso to see what it looks like. Your lips will have to be exfoliated with this bad boy but it wears well. I used a nice blush from NARS (oasis) and I look very neutral and pretty.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really wish I'd tried a sample of this before buying (online purchase!), this shade is too intense and draining for me. It reminds me of a classic 90's nude/brown and just does nothing for my fair complexion and it feels very dated, so I don't feel hugely comfortable wearing it.
I don't have much luck with Mac lipsticks, often the shades are too intense/pigmented for my skintone and hair colour.
Sadly, won't be using much and can't recommend!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great neutral.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried multiple shades before getting Mac Taupe. It's my perfect everyday nude. So much is this my fav nude shade at the moment that I'd give this six stars if I could!

I love that it is a matte formula so it lasts long on the lips. I'm NC35 and Taupe doesn't wash my complexion out. It's a warm color that is not too brown, not too peach, no hints of grey or pink. Also, I love is that it does not emphasize fine lines on the lips and it does not create that crumbling white stuff on the inner lips like some lipsticks do. I top it with a gloss most times and it lasts hours on the lips. What more can I ask for other than I hope Mac never discontinues this shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My absolute FAAAAVORITE lipstick. It is my day to day lipstick. Such a subtle but beautiful nude. You can barely tell I am wearing any lipstick at all. Just looks like I have a really nice natural lip color. The tube is really nice as well, kind of a matte black bullet. It doesn't push back into the tube while applying either which is nice considering some lipsticks do that which is insanely annoying.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i really love this lipstick it my one of my every day lipsticks i pair it up with brown n bold lip liner by max factor i really love it! and it matches all skin colors

If you are a MAC Matte lipstick junky like myself, this is a great option for a more "everyday" lipstick! I pair it with the "Nice and Spicy" liner, and it stays all day.

A must have to earth and nude tone fans. I should have gotten this sooner! Officially addicted for day and evening wear.

Recommended for Medium Skin