September 16, 2014 | 1897 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by honrey23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I was on a hunt for the best brown lipstick.. And after reviewing all Mac shades I decided to get this because it has a matte finish. It's not the brown shade that I was looking for when I tried it on, but this one has been my go to lipstick. This is my MLBB. It is matte but it doesn't make my lips dry. This is definitely my most abused lipstick lol..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of my HG lipsticks. Makes for such warm pretty neutral lip and suits a wide variety of skin tones. I love MAC's matte formula, some find it dry but for me it's just right and stays put for hours. Get it, you won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went in to MAC originally wanting Velvet Teddy. But soon realized it was like something I already own. the MUA suggested Taupe. I didnt like it but I got it anyway LOL

GLAD I DID. I put on a lil CORK lipliner with this and it was my perfect nude lip! very pleased.

not sure how the MAC way of describing your skin tone so I'll say I wear revlon photo ready in Cappucino :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my fav lipstick for when I want a natural nude look or for the daytime. Had to find a replacement for my mac bad girl riri lippy and this was the closest to it and I'm truly happy with this shade :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Well I'm a brown girl w/ brown lips w/ a purple under-tone naturally. This lipstick is amazing! The formula may be dry-esque & matte, however, it fills in all of the cracks well so it can be used on its own OR under-neath a gloss...Furthermore, I really like to use this MAC Taupe then throw a pale pink layer over it. Very versatile & I will re-purchase...Oh, & it lasts quite a few hours on my lips yet does not feel heavy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, TAUPE! Who knew you were so insanely flattering that you'd become my new HG!? I mean, who wants a lipstick named "Taupe"?--it kind of breaks my heart that MAC didn't come up with a more inciting name. But I'm usually a neutrals girl for the sake of simplicity and versatility, so "Taupe" is right up my alley!

ANYWAY, Taupe is a gorgeous ylbb color on my pinkish, Celtic-looking self: nw20 skin and reddish pigmented lips. (I'm probably more about nw25 since I'm sportin' my summer tan ;). I'm getting a little older and paler nudes don't look as flattering as they used to, so I've been getting away from my old HG, Velvet Teddy, and Taupe is it's replacement; Taupe has little more color, it's a little bit warmer toned and hence, more wearable. This is a very nuanced color: there's this odd sort of brownish-warm-berry pigmentation that I see in it at times that sounds ugly, but man, it's really lovely on the lips. Sometimes I'll add a tiny dab of Russian Red on top…I know that sounds crazy but the compliments I get and questions about what color I'm wearing happen more than ever (and it's the only reason I keep Russian Red around). Go ahead and do your Google image search and see how flattering Taupe is by itself on so many different skin tones...then go try it for yourself.

I'm always a huge fan of MAC's mattes, we get along so well that they're always my first stop when searching for a new color. Taupe feels velvety, it's pigmented and it's long lasting. It's the color that's always in my bag and has become ideal for every situation. I wear it with NYX lipliner in "Natural" and really couldn't be more pleased!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Blushingbeauty28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful lipstick ever. I asked the MUA at M.A.C what would be the best nude lipstick that doesn't washes me out. For reference, I am a NC 43. At first she recommended Blankety but it's the exact same color as Nyx Mega Shine Lipgloss in Natural, then she gave me Taupe and it has changed my life. Whenever I change purses, this lipstick always come first. When I don't feel like wearing a pop of red lipstick or dark a lippie, Taupe always replaces it. At first, I didn't get this lipstick in the past beacuse a lot of people complained it was too brick of a color, however when I tried it on, it was more of a neutral shade for my skintone. I don't consider this lipstick as a nude shade, but more neutral. And to make it more awsome it's matte so the staying power will last for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by msharajuku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great caramel nude lipstick for olive skin tones, reminds me of NARS Bahama but with less of a pink undertone. I also love that prices are affordable and the hydrating formula of their lipsticks! Definite winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for my HG nude lipstick for years. I've tried all sorts of brands and colors and have never found a color like this!!! I originally had Honeylove which was a beautiful color nude, but I still wanted a nude with a BIT more color to it. sometimes the Honeylove would look a bit "concealer mouth" on me and I didn't like that. but Taupe is EXACTLY the shade I've been searching for all this time! i already had the lip liner in Stripdown that I bought originally with Honeylove, and it still matches great with Taupe as well. I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this again when I run out!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

Taupe is a gorgeous, medium intensity brown with hints of both plum and red. Very flattering. I am a lipstick junky and this is one of the few lipsticks I have used up several times, even though I have so many. It's that good. I was recently in my local Nordstrom and tried to purchase it. They were out. I panicked--did MAC discontinue it? Heck no, it's very popular. We just ran out. I was able to get it at the MAC store in the same mall. Phew. Disaster averted.