MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick

4.6

on 3/2/2015 3:11:00 PM

I love hot Tahiti! By far my favourite Mac lipstick ,perfect red shade that will suit any skin tone. Will definitely be repurchasing again 💄💄

on 2/4/2015 10:28:00 AM

Dear Hot Tahiti,

I bought you once, and I lost you immediately.
I bought you twice (and I hadn't even fallen in love with you yet -- I just saw your potential), and my 2 year old daughter smushed you into the carpet.
I bought you for the THIRD time, which is 100% unprecedented for me, and I do not regret it.

Hot Tahiti is my only MAC Glaze. I find it pretty longwearing actually! Like, surprisingly so due to the texture. It's a sheer, warm, berry-pink-red. The pic here is pretty accurate in color, though I think she's wearing a few coats -- it's more sheer than that, though I'm glad for that photo because it shows how buildable it is. Forgiving of flaws on the lips. Leaves a super nice stain when the top layer wears off. Non-drying. Very versatile. Oh man, do I love love looooove Hot Tahiti.

on 11/14/2014 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love that lipstick!
Almost every time I'm going out I find myself reaching for it.
It is a beautiful color, not too dramatic but gives a lovely "pop" to the lips.

The only cone is it's staying power - pretty weak...
But I love applying it, it has this nice creamy texture so it is not that bad.

on 7/30/2014 8:16:00 AM

Definitely my all time favourite lipstick, and favourite MAC product by far! This lipstick is a makeup staple for me, and I usually wear it most days. I'd describe the colour as a deep rose or a sheer red. It goes on the lips easily due to the creamy consistency, and I find I don't need to prime my lips beforehand or use lipliner, and lasts a good few hours before topping up. It suits and flatters many different skin tones and is suitable for many occasions; parties, nights out, or just as a beautiful and easy to wear everyday colour. It really brightens up the complexion and completes a makeup look, and smells like vanilla so that's a bonus! I hope MAC never discontinue Hot Tahiti!!

on 6/11/2014 11:37:00 PM

This lipstick is GORGEOUS! Lots of people are saying the colour is mainly red, but it's more of a very deep rose colour to me, though it does appear to be a bit red. I own lots of berry, plum, and red lip colours, (they look best on me since I have brown hair, fair skin, and green eyes). Hot Tahiti is my absolute favourite lipstick to compliment my features. It makes my green eyes stand out, and makes my skin look more alive as well.

When I first put Hot Tahiti on my lips I remember thinking, "Wow, this is what I wanted Benetint to look like!" Benetint was way too drying and did not show up on my lips. Hot Tahiti gives such a pretty "just bitten" look to the lips, without being too dramatic like most red/berry lipsticks are.

A big two thumbs up!

My favorite and it lasts I took a nap wearing this and it was still on when I got up and the name is cute too!

on 1/7/2014 11:13:00 PM

Beautiful rose-red lipstick, perfect for when I want to have red lips without too much trouble. The formula is slightly sheer and very soft on my lips, and I don't find it drying at all. It also have a slightly vanilla-y smell, which I've grown to like.

I have brown hair, dark eyes with brown and green in them, and very fair skin, about an NC10 at the moment, with slightly olive undertones and some rosiness to my cheeks, just to give you an idea of my coloring. This lipstick is an instant lift, brings light to my eyes and to my complexion.

I get compliments all the time when I wear this. The funny thing is, sometimes the comments are about the lippy itself, like asking what the lovely color is that I'm wearing, and sometimes it will generate vague comments, like "your skin is glowing today!' which indicates to me the this shade is very flattering without being garish or obvious. (sometimes I like garish or obvious makeup looks, but this is perfect for when I want something more subtle and flattering)

on 12/2/2013 6:50:00 AM

This is my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE Mac lipstick!!!

I am a NW25, and this goes perfectly to my skintone. I have a small mouth, and not very plumped lips so I always struggle on finding lipsticks. I used to wear Mac Russian red because I love wearing something pigmented, but with this one my small lips would be really defined (and also because the formula is very dry, it doesn´t sit well on my size lips).

I originally wanted to try the MAC Viva Glam Lipstick in Cyndi, but this was discontinued and I emailed an makeup artist at MAC asking what the closest shade to this lipstick was, and she replied with the Hot Tahiti.

When I got it in the mail, I was a little bit hesitant when I opened it. The look of the color was not what I expected at all, and imagined that this would be waaaay to dark for my lips. I tried it on and was so surprised and I fell in love with it strait away!

I usually don´t wear a lot of makeup, only doing my skin, eyebrows and mascara, and this lipstick makes me look so "groomed" if i can call it that, and that is even without putting too much effort in it. One time a lady even stopped me on the street asking what lipstick I was wearing!

One problem I found by having small lips, was that when I apply it and rub my lips together to even it out, it tends to fall outside of the lines of my lips. A few days ago I tried to apply it with a lip brush, and it seems to have solved my problem! Even when I rub my lips together after applying it with the brush it won´t crease outside of the lines of my lips.

This is definitely worth a shot for everyone, not only those daring enough to wear color on their lips. Highly recommended!!

Really gorgeous red berry/brown toned red. Very easy to wear and has a nice formula. Probably the most wearable red I've seen, doesn't have the greatest staying power so may benefit from a primer.

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

What a sexy color! I love it! It's a soft glossy red. Goes on smooth, last all day and doesn't dry out my lips. You can wear it day or night, you can build up the color.

Popular Lipsticks