July 28, 2014 | 1786 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Hot Tahiti Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsweets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This lipstick is GORGEOUS! Lots of people are saying the colour is mainly red, but it's more of a very deep rose colour to me, though it does appear to be a bit red. I own lots of berry, plum, and red lip colours, (they look best on me since I have brown hair, fair skin, and green eyes). Hot Tahiti is my absolute favourite lipstick to compliment my features. It makes my green eyes stand out, and makes my skin look more alive as well.

When I first put Hot Tahiti on my lips I remember thinking, "Wow, this is what I wanted Benetint to look like!" Benetint was way too drying and did not show up on my lips. Hot Tahiti gives such a pretty "just bitten" look to the lips, without being too dramatic like most red/berry lipsticks are.

A big two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

My favorite and it lasts I took a nap wearing this and it was still on when I got up and the name is cute too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful rose-red lipstick, perfect for when I want to have red lips without too much trouble. The formula is slightly sheer and very soft on my lips, and I don't find it drying at all. It also have a slightly vanilla-y smell, which I've grown to like.

I have brown hair, dark eyes with brown and green in them, and very fair skin, about an NC10 at the moment, with slightly olive undertones and some rosiness to my cheeks, just to give you an idea of my coloring. This lipstick is an instant lift, brings light to my eyes and to my complexion.

I get compliments all the time when I wear this. The funny thing is, sometimes the comments are about the lippy itself, like asking what the lovely color is that I'm wearing, and sometimes it will generate vague comments, like "your skin is glowing today!' which indicates to me the this shade is very flattering without being garish or obvious. (sometimes I like garish or obvious makeup looks, but this is perfect for when I want something more subtle and flattering)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Mihajla

This is my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE Mac lipstick!!!

I am a NW25, and this goes perfectly to my skintone. I have a small mouth, and not very plumped lips so I always struggle on finding lipsticks. I used to wear Mac Russian red because I love wearing something pigmented, but with this one my small lips would be really defined (and also because the formula is very dry, it doesn´t sit well on my size lips).

I originally wanted to try the MAC Viva Glam Lipstick in Cyndi, but this was discontinued and I emailed an makeup artist at MAC asking what the closest shade to this lipstick was, and she replied with the Hot Tahiti.

When I got it in the mail, I was a little bit hesitant when I opened it. The look of the color was not what I expected at all, and imagined that this would be waaaay to dark for my lips. I tried it on and was so surprised and I fell in love with it strait away!

I usually don´t wear a lot of makeup, only doing my skin, eyebrows and mascara, and this lipstick makes me look so "groomed" if i can call it that, and that is even without putting too much effort in it. One time a lady even stopped me on the street asking what lipstick I was wearing!

One problem I found by having small lips, was that when I apply it and rub my lips together to even it out, it tends to fall outside of the lines of my lips. A few days ago I tried to apply it with a lip brush, and it seems to have solved my problem! Even when I rub my lips together after applying it with the brush it won´t crease outside of the lines of my lips.

This is definitely worth a shot for everyone, not only those daring enough to wear color on their lips. Highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

Really gorgeous red berry/brown toned red. Very easy to wear and has a nice formula. Probably the most wearable red I've seen, doesn't have the greatest staying power so may benefit from a primer.

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by beachgal4lyfe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a sexy color! I love it! It's a soft glossy red. Goes on smooth, last all day and doesn't dry out my lips. You can wear it day or night, you can build up the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ilovemac03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this color! It looks so beautiful on my NC 43 skin tone. It goes on as a sheer, soft rosy red, you can build it up to a darker finish. It's a wearable red. It's a glaze so it has a nice shine to it, and is hydrating. It has slight brown undertones. Will definitely repurchase once it's done.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by LadyRavenswood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this lipstick !
Lovely color for a natural but sophisticated effect. A mix of brown, red and rose. This color fits everyone.
But this is not a long lasting texture...

One of my fav MAC lipsticks though !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by cammbo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

By far one of my favourite lipsticks! I am very pale, nw10 and though I love statement lips am not confident to wear a bright post box reds during the day. Hot tahiti is perfect for me! On my lips its a very wearable rosy red. The formula isn't at all drying and although it isn't as long wearing as other macs (mattes or amplifieds) I find it wears off evenly and leaves a rosy stain on the lips. LOVE!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by InspiredByBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got it I hated it. It was more of a fruit punch color on my lips than a nice bright red. But it was my first MAC Glaze so I kept it. After a while I put it on and slowly started to fall in love. it just has a nice unique look to it. Its not deep dark red and not bright red it just looks like a really good red lipgloss on my lips and it makes my lips feel really nice a smooth so I like the color now I wear it on special occasions.