April 16, 2014 | 2043 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Hot Tahiti Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful rose-red lipstick, perfect for when I want to have red lips without too much trouble. The formula is slightly sheer and very soft on my lips, and I don't find it drying at all. It also have a slightly vanilla-y smell, which I've grown to like.

I have brown hair, dark eyes with brown and green in them, and very fair skin, about an NC10 at the moment, with slightly olive undertones and some rosiness to my cheeks, just to give you an idea of my coloring. This lipstick is an instant lift, brings light to my eyes and to my complexion.

I get compliments all the time when I wear this. The funny thing is, sometimes the comments are about the lippy itself, like asking what the lovely color is that I'm wearing, and sometimes it will generate vague comments, like "your skin is glowing today!' which indicates to me the this shade is very flattering without being garish or obvious. (sometimes I like garish or obvious makeup looks, but this is perfect for when I want something more subtle and flattering)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Mihajla

This is my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE Mac lipstick!!!

I am a NW25, and this goes perfectly to my skintone. I have a small mouth, and not very plumped lips so I always struggle on finding lipsticks. I used to wear Mac Russian red because I love wearing something pigmented, but with this one my small lips would be really defined (and also because the formula is very dry, it doesn´t sit well on my size lips).

I originally wanted to try the MAC Viva Glam Lipstick in Cyndi, but this was discontinued and I emailed an makeup artist at MAC asking what the closest shade to this lipstick was, and she replied with the Hot Tahiti.

When I got it in the mail, I was a little bit hesitant when I opened it. The look of the color was not what I expected at all, and imagined that this would be waaaay to dark for my lips. I tried it on and was so surprised and I fell in love with it strait away!

I usually don´t wear a lot of makeup, only doing my skin, eyebrows and mascara, and this lipstick makes me look so "groomed" if i can call it that, and that is even without putting too much effort in it. One time a lady even stopped me on the street asking what lipstick I was wearing!

One problem I found by having small lips, was that when I apply it and rub my lips together to even it out, it tends to fall outside of the lines of my lips. A few days ago I tried to apply it with a lip brush, and it seems to have solved my problem! Even when I rub my lips together after applying it with the brush it won´t crease outside of the lines of my lips.

This is definitely worth a shot for everyone, not only those daring enough to wear color on their lips. Highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

Really gorgeous red berry/brown toned red. Very easy to wear and has a nice formula. Probably the most wearable red I've seen, doesn't have the greatest staying power so may benefit from a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by beachgal4lyfe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a sexy color! I love it! It's a soft glossy red. Goes on smooth, last all day and doesn't dry out my lips. You can wear it day or night, you can build up the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ilovemac03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this color! It looks so beautiful on my NC 43 skin tone. It goes on as a sheer, soft rosy red, you can build it up to a darker finish. It's a wearable red. It's a glaze so it has a nice shine to it, and is hydrating. It has slight brown undertones. Will definitely repurchase once it's done.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by LadyRavenswood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this lipstick !
Lovely color for a natural but sophisticated effect. A mix of brown, red and rose. This color fits everyone.
But this is not a long lasting texture...

One of my fav MAC lipsticks though !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by cammbo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

By far one of my favourite lipsticks! I am very pale, nw10 and though I love statement lips am not confident to wear a bright post box reds during the day. Hot tahiti is perfect for me! On my lips its a very wearable rosy red. The formula isn't at all drying and although it isn't as long wearing as other macs (mattes or amplifieds) I find it wears off evenly and leaves a rosy stain on the lips. LOVE!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by InspiredByBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got it I hated it. It was more of a fruit punch color on my lips than a nice bright red. But it was my first MAC Glaze so I kept it. After a while I put it on and slowly started to fall in love. it just has a nice unique look to it. Its not deep dark red and not bright red it just looks like a really good red lipgloss on my lips and it makes my lips feel really nice a smooth so I like the color now I wear it on special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by originalskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only have three MAC lippies: Crosswires, Hug Me and Hot Tahiti. All three have been a great introduction MAC lipstick formulas (Cremesheen, Lusture and Glaze respectively) and I will certainly purchase more!

Hot Tahiti is a beautiful soft red, leaning toward rose. This is an intimidating color in the tube, it looks pretty dark, but when applied it mellows out beautifully into a soft muted red that is very wearable for everyday. It is a romantic red, not a blazing crimson or a scarlet slash. I feel that it leans a little cool, I see where others have felt there is a coral aspect to it, but I really do not see it, at least on a swatch or my own lips.

I think it is a color that most people could wear, from super pale to darker skin tones. I like that it is not frosted or glittery, but is a nice cream which really lends itself to a classy, ladylike look (without veering to "old lady" territory".

The glaze formula feels moisturizing, though it does mean that you will be reapplying it in a few hours as this is not a long wearing formula. I do like to wear this as a stain by patting it into my lips and blotting off the glaze finish, I get several hours of wear when I use it this way and it is just a bump over a MLBB color for me, which is great.

Scent is MAC Vanilla, which I have to admit I do not detect much at all, but at least it does not clash with much of anything either!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by SaraMaquillaje

This is my favourite lipstick ever. I use it every time I don't want to wear anything bright (which is like 90% of the time), and still want to make my lips better.
This is like a subdued red on my NC15 skin and reddish lips. For reference, I have dark brown eyes and hair. It is SUPER FLATTERING.
Nice texture, not drying at all, fantastic for daily use.
This is amazing on its own or with more intense eye makeup.
I'm currently about to finish my second tube.
GET THIS!