August 29, 2014 | 1396 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by ShailjaVashisht

I am recently trying Dove's face wash range. Have been a loyal customer of Dove face bar but now its hight time to go for the face washes. Dove Deep Pure Face Wash thoroughly cleanses face and unclogs pores. After continuous use I am even noticing that my pore size has reduced. You can check the detailed review here: Dove Deep Pure Face Wash Pore Care Review continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by ginasalsabila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

oh god,
this product made me break out.
i use 3 dove bar before i stopped, i purchase this after hearing rave review about this.
i stopped breaking out a while ago, then when i use this bar, i have nasty cyst and pimple all over my face AND body.
i thought there was something wrong with my face, but i switched back to baby shampoo and there's only acne scars left on my face.
seriously, if you have acne prone skin and live in a humid place don't use this.
i suggest using baby shampoo instead it work wonders on me.

and this soap sting the fuck out of my eyes, and it dries out my skin after showering, than it made my face look like an oil slick after 30 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by o0hollie0o

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Dove Beauty Bar is amazing! It smells and feels so nice on your skin. I have used nothing but Dove on my face since I was 14, people always guess my age at around 19-21, I will actually be 31 in a couple of weeks and believe it's all thanks to Dove!. :)

I use the Dove Beauty Bar on my face and the Dove Cream Bath in my baths and will never use anything else.

Also, as others have said, it's the best product to use when shaving.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

August 2014-Why the date? Well, I have been on a journey since my early 30's, trying to find a cleanser that will not irritate or clog my pores. After my proactiv phase in my late 20's I moved on to Dermalogica.
The world has less resources now than ever, and things are often being reformulated (from food products to cosmetics) with cheaper ingredients. This is what had happened to Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel. Before then, it was an amazing cleanser that never irritated my skin. I have SLE and trying to find something that doesn't irritate my reactive skin is tough. Tougher now that I am nearly 40.
My skin was always rather resistant and oily, and could handle what ever I used. These days, due to the toxic environment we live in, my SLE and changing hormones I have dry/combo skin now.
I hate that Dove is tested on animals. I mean, this is 2014, why are they still using bunny ears? Not only does that make me feel bad, but my facial skin does not resemble that of a damned rabbit ear. That aside, I have tried everything thats available and in my budget which is becoming ever tighter. I have to make a choice based on logic and consistency.
Bringing Dove back, because I am sick of worrying, itching and the insane round & round.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My bar of soap of choice for my body and occasionally my face because like another reviewer said, it isn't slimy or sticky and no residue is left over. Just clean, soft skin. I've used on my face numerous times and haven't had a pimple afterwards, so you don't have to be choosy about spots with sensitive skin.

If you just shaved your legs a few days before, it's smooth and slippery enough to give you a close, quick shave without needing to break out the time-consuming heavier creams.

Do keep in mind what gentle means though, I wouldn't rely on this when you've just had a strenuous workout, your face is completely sweaty and you want your skin deeply cleansed. Foams up really easily, lasts a good while and isn't too pricey. Dove is a nice brand. I'll definitely keep on repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by malpal007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this as a cleanser on and off for years and I always go back to it. I have very dry/sensitive skin. My face breaks out to many products but not this beauty bar. It's creamy and really cleans my face well. I pair this with the Burt's Bees Radiance day lotion and my skin looks and feels great, and you can't beat the price!
I would recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not like bar cleansers - and never use bar soap - but Dove is a bit better than "traditional" soap bars.

That said I would NEVER use it on my face and I don;t like touching used bars of "soap" (cleanser).

Not my thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by MUAEmma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried numerous amount of brush cleaners in the past and no matter how well I use them, I will always get more product out of the makeup brushes using the soap in small circular motions than I could ever using anything else. I've been doing this now for almost 2 years and has never affected my makeup brushes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

It is a very gentle soap cleanser, so gentle I don't really use it on a daily basis at all, because I don't feel like it cleans all the sweat of the day of my skin thoroughly. It's a creamy bar of soap a that is not slimy or sticky at all. It lives up to its claims that once you wash it off with water it does not leave any residue. It's great for shaving and feels moisturizing to the skin, but that's about all. I prefer soaps with strong scent and rich lather for feeling squeaky clean. I only use this if I feel my skin is getting dried out and needs extra moisture. Overall, great product for sensitive, super dry, clean skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I mostly use this to shave, because it gives a really close shave without irritation; I occasionally use it to wash my body or hair. I find it breaks me out when used on my face, however. This was always in my grandparents' soap dish when I had my evening bath as a little girl, and that clean, slightly rose smell is just so comforting and pretty, especially in the hot, sticky Texas summer.