December 19, 2014 | 902 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dove beauty bar what a gem you are. I have always kept you in my massive collection of products as a staple. You are inexpensive for such a quality product. Dove moisture cannot be beat for face and body. Creamy delicious lather that softens and soothes. You are an all star dove beauty bar

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by clare26

I love dove soap! I ran out of one of my expensive cleansers, and only had my dove soap to use. I cringed at having to use a soap, as it's been drilled into me that soap will wreck the ph of my skin and dry it out, but I decided it was better to use soap then to leave my make up on all night. After I used it I thought my skin looked softer, less irritable and felt neither dry nor tight! After having used so many expensive cleansers over the years (clinique, jan marini, skinceuticals, obagi, estee lauder), I'm of the opinion that they are generally a waste of money! After all, they are on your skin for such a small amount of time! I'm trying to simplify my routine, and will continue to just use dove as my cleanser.
It's not a miracle for me and hasn't completely cleared up my skin or anything, but I do think my skin looks better when I use it, and in comparison to other high end cleansers I've used, it performs just as well, if not better :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by darthjaeder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I used to use this all the time in my teens and had such beautiful moisturised glowing skin and then I just got lost amidst all of the pretty shower gels I just forgot about it. After years of gels I found myself just loading body butter everyday just to have my glowing skin and I thought back on the days my skin was beautiful after using dove...so I bought the big pack as it was on special....after using dove beauty bar again for the first time it was a nostalgic beautiful and calming experience and I got out of the shower and my skin was so soft. A week later my skin is glowing and I find I dont need to exfoliate much anymore. I don't know what it is in the beauty bars but dove have it down pat. I will never stop using dove beauty bar ever again!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

My middle aged skin is pretty annoying. I'm very oily but so many cleansers strip my skin leaving it dry and more acne develops. My go to has been Ponds Cold Cream at night for makeup removal. I never wash my face in the AM. However, I stumbled on a new problem. I switched my workout routine and now workout in the AM so I now need to wash my face both AM and PM. Using Ponds Cold Cream on my greasy sweaty skin wasn't doing the trick for me. I needed something different to cleanse my face in the AM. I tried a few but they were leaving my face too dehyrated flaky and actually oily. My skin turned into a huge mess. I thought real hard of what I used as a teen because my skin was flawless then. I had great skin all during my teen years. Bingo! I used Dove Beauty Bar. Something so cheap and simple. This stuff is the best cleanser for after my workouts. It doesn't strip my skin and I honestly think it makes my skin glow. My skincare is so cheap and simple now and it is only Dove beauty bar in the morning, Ponds at night and just Suave Advance Therapy body lotion w/ rich hyrdators for a facial moisturizer. That is it! My skin has been looking a lot better now.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by cgarcia5

I've used dove for a long time. It always left my skin so soft not only on my body but also as my face as well. It also helped get rid of my acne around my face. It is so gentle I would also use it as a shave cream and it just does the job well. I'm not really fan of the body washes, I always lean more towards the dove beauty bars. I will always go back to this product it never did me wrong.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by NETGEAR

I thought that this product was just body soap...until I read the reivews on Makeupalley, didn't know it was used for face haha.
Nearly all soap makes me skin feel tight and sometimes itchy, but this beauty bar doesn't, which I love.
I think I'll be buying more of this, for my face and body. :P

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by emmapointon

The only bar soap I would ever use. Wonderful consistency and lathers so well. Doesn't break me out like I expected it to, being a moisture rich soap, and leaves skin soft and not at all tight. Smells awesome too. Absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by alielxoxo

So lucky I found this. Such a natural cleansing soap. Better than any acne face wash. This makes my skin bright and glow. Highly recommend for acne-prone/oily/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by coldlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this for the past 5 years . This soap leaves my face soft and clean . I have not bought face cleanser since i have used this . I use this when i run out of body wash sometimes too .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Of all the things to give me Clear, blemish free skin I cannot believe it was a simple soap. always being told that soap was bad for my face, I avoided it much of my life. I also go through spells of horribly broken out skin too. I've tried everything on the market..literally. I finally gave up and said, enough is enough and I'm tired of spending money when nothing works. My Aunt who has beautiful 50 year old skin told me to use Dove, nothing else. i had nothing to lose and Starting using Dove exclusively to wash my face 4 weeks ago. My skin is completely clear and smooth. No breakouts, no clogs, no bumps, acne scars are healing. I'm dumbfounded but happy.

I'm using the original beauty bar, not the unscented or sensitive one, just the original. Twice a day. wipe with Witch hazel, Vitamin e oil on scars, lips and under eyes. I'm just amazed at what a huge difference a month can make.

when i started using it, it dried up existing blemishes. I got a few more in the first week, but small and they went away easily. I had clogged up pores too and by the end of the second week, I noticed those were going away too. By Week 3. clear skin, week 4, still clear. Didn't even breakout during my TOM, which never happens. I'm totally sold on Dove. I even got my BF to start using it and I've invested in a huge 10 pack!! lol

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No