September 2, 2014 | 1678 users online

Eye Shadow - Estee Lauder - Color Intensity Quads (All)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this quad with Eggshell, Twilight, Chocolate and something that is only identified as "Selection from Shimmer Duo." Overall it's okay, but the colors are sort of flat and generic--off-white, patina, bronze and deep brown--and the pigmentation is neither intense nor soft and shimmery. I also dislike the cheap compact, and how easily the pans crack and crumble.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by spikeyli

Like any woman who loves makeup, I was just blown away with the promises on the package. The guys at marketing should really pat themselves on the back. In all fairness, the colors are pretty in the case too, it's just when I put it on, it somehow isn't the color I was expecting. No biggie, it wasn't the worst, just a bit off. My biggest issue with all Almay products is they just don't have staying power. Two hours after applying the eyeshadows, they have creased into my eyelids. Another couple of hours past and the color have disappeared. I was very good during the day and didn't rub my eyes, the colors just faded on their own. At the end of the day, I looked like I wore nothing. Kinda an amazing feat considering I came in the morning with the most fantastic of makeup application.

I would not recommend this product, although the colors are pretty, what good are they if they don't stay on where you apply them?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by buttermilk

I have this product in both Vintage and Clouds. For Vintage, I paid full price ($38). That was before I discovered Ebay, where I purchased Clouds for $13. I think the Quads offer really high quality shadows in sophisitcated, fool-proof color combinations. Each compact comes with three shadow shades (base, contour, and highlight) and two eyeliners (always brown and black). I really love Clouds, despite everyone else's distaste for it. I have fair skin, so I prefer the colors to be sheerer and brighter. The pale shadow looks awesome against dark liner, makes eyes pop. Vintage is a little dark for me--I end up using the lightest color as my base, the medium for contouring, and the darkest against the lashline. I am looking forward to trying new colors, once my excitement for Clouds has worn off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 8:37:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this, just hate it. The color is virtually invisible. :( Thumbs wayy down.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2004 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Annuta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this quad in Clouds. The colors are very pretty in the palette, but there is practically no pigmentation to speak of once applied. Even after 5 applications, I got very sheer coverage. They do blend well, I'll give them that, but if you are looking for richer colors, skip this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2004 1:38:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugardream

Im glad these work for some, but I am not a fan. I bought the citrus one, a LE one a while back. 0 pigment. I don't remember the texture or anything. i just couldn't get over the lack of pigment. So many superior ones. I'd think for the price, they would be a good product. This is a reminder that price doesn't always = quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2004 1:54:00 PM More reviews by melissa47150

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure why this product is getting such bad reviews, I liked it. I found them smooth, easy to apply, though a little sheer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2003 11:41:00 PM More reviews by AstoundedFruitbat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap. I received a Two-In-One Eyeshadow Quad in: Sand Dollar, Tearose, Eggplant, and Khaki. The label says Wet/Dry formula on the back. I'm not sure if this is the same thing as a Color Intensity quad, but they have no separate category, so I'm putting my review here...

That said, these are terrible eyeshadows. Application is a pain because the pigment in these shadows is nonexistent. Even wet, I cannot get decent color and the final result is always chalky. The only redeeming quality of these eyeshadows is that they have a very fine texture, which would be a feat if they had any shimmer to speak of, but they don't. I expected a lot more out of a high end shadow. Take my advice and save your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2003 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Dancer0128

I got this in a GWP and the colors that are in it are eggshell, twilight, dusk and fog. These shades are really pretty and natural looking. I think eggshell is a great highlighter for under the brow or on the whole lid for a glamourous look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2003 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Dr_Luna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the quads in Clouds, Forest, Brunette, Vintage, and Rosewood. Overall, the quality is excellent -- the shadow goes on like silk and blends well. With Estee Lauder's Shadow Stay, they last all day and into evening without re-applying.

When you find one that works for you, it's a great no-brainer color combination especially useful if you're traveling a lot. But as one reviewer mentioned, the colors are hit and miss.

These are not the official color names, because they're not labeled on the package (something EL should add), but:
Clouds has a shimmery pearl, a shimmery light blue-y pewter and a shimmery darker, more gunmetal pewter
Forest is three shades, dark to light, of shimmery gold and gold-brown
Brunette has a light, pearly shade (hint of pink or peach), a pretty light neutral matte brown and a darker mocha matte brown
Rosewood has a pearly pink, a matte mauve and a darker mulberry matte
Vintage has a pearly pink, a pretty neutral matte brown, and a very dark matte plummish brown.

All the quads have the same two liner colors, brown and slate. I LOVE Clouds, Forest and Brunette and would consider buying them again, especially when traveling a lot, but Rosewood is just too much pink (never use it --wasted my moolah), and the dark plummish brown color in Vintage is too dark for me -- seems more like a liner color than a crease color. continued >>