October 26, 2014 | 1171 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Eyeshadow in Cocoa

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by kitten41

I bought this during my search for a replacement for the Christian Dior quad The Browns....tried many but have stuck with this shade. Very pigmented , soft and easily blended.... Dont see a hint of plum at ll. (as described below) just the perfect versatile brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by unicornlover

The color of this shadow is not what gets you: it looks like a basic brown.

This color is THE BEST blending shadow for a daytime smokey you will ever find. It seriously makes doing a smokey eye easy for even a novice makeup applier. I wear it to work on top of a neutral, more sparkley MAC shadow and it is so, so pretty.

Even though it is pricey, I imagine since I use such a small amount for my smokey eye that I will probably never run out or if I do it will be in a few years!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by RawCreoleGoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a basic matte chocolate brown.

It blends like a dream and goes with alot of eye looks.

I like BB shadows they blend really well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by SEPORALOVER

nice smooth eyeshadows that feel creamy when applying, it is rather pricey though u can get much cheaper eyeshadows that have just as much pigment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

ALL PROS: Goes on smooth. Pretty blendable. Lasts a good amount of time without "moving." (No shimmer, which is a "pro" to me.) Good amount of pigment. Lasts forever in the pan.

USAGE TIPS: Always try on Bobbi's colors as they can look very different on than in the case. Bobbi calls it a "ashy plum brown." It's like a med/dark brown with a little burgundy in it. Not as ashy or cool as her description, imo.

***Mine looks darker with a bit more red in it than the main pic. shows. This color reminds me of MAC's Swiss Chocolate but better texture and a bit more of the burgundy tone to the brown.***

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My everyday brown shadow, it has a definite plum tone that sets it apart from all the red-browns. Very flattering on brown eyes and gold-toned skin. I've been using it for years, and in the past couple years it seems not quite as finely-milled as once was.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cocoa is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "ashy plum brown." I don't see any plum in it, but perhaps it is so subtle that it merely gives depth. This is a nice mid-tone warm brown. I like it very much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Cocoa is not a shadow I would have selected on my own because I have a ton of brown eyeshadows, and this one looked too reddish-brown in the pot. But a BB artist put this color in my brows as filler, and it looked pretty good! Now, I don't normally take the time to fill in my brows, that is one thing I let go au naturel; so I tried using this as a crease color, instead, and with little expectation. Well, whaddya know! Cocoa turns out to be a wonderful neutral in my crease! I used this with BE Reveal (another fantastic color- a shimmery, light, pale blue) on the lid and MAC Shroom on the brow bone, and the look was stunning! I can't wait to use this with other pale neutrals on the lid, because this is a color that seems likely to pair up with a variety of pastels. I originally hesitated to buy this and almost brought it back... but I am so glad I gave it a chance in the crease! It blends beautifully, too, like most BB eyeshadows. ♥♥♥♥♥

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've generally liked BB e/s since I discovered them a few months ago, and thanks to the repackaging and subsequent CCO markdowns, I've collected quite a few. Cocoa is a nice basic matte brown, but nothing remarkable or different.

This is a lovely basic mid-toned brown with a moderate amount of pigmentation on the neutral/warm side. It does, as the name implies, look like the color of cocoa powder. This looks good with other neutrals like Bone or MAC's Naked Lunch, but I don't find myself reaching for it often as there are loads of other shadows out there like this.

Cocoa blends beautifully with other shadows, but I wasn't overwhelmed with its lasting power--it barely lasts 8 hours over UDPP.

The old-style packaging was lousy--the screw-top just isn't practical. Since it's been repackaged, I won't count that against Cocoa in this review. Suffice to say that the new flip-top packaging is good. This was definitely worth the $13 I paid at the CCO for it, but I don't think it's worth the $19 BB charges at counters now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2004 2:53:00 AM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yet another Bobbi eyeshadow worth it's pricetag. I used to think that Mac's Soba eyeshadow was an HG brown... I've changed my mind. This one is the very best. Not only does it show up better, but there's more of it in the pot. It's so finely milled, that after days of use, you've barely even made a tiny dent in the pot. I still love Soba, but this is the one I'll be using most often, and buying again and again.