November 28, 2014 | 1455 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Verve Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by aperilpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has got to be one of my favorite MAC shades. I went to Macy's to purchase Photo, but saw this shade and decided to try it since I've heard about it on YouTube. I instantly fell in love the moment I looked in the mirror! It is the perfect brown shade that could work for all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was getting married, I went a MAC store to get my perfect lipstick. I love nudes and neutrals but since I have very full lips, those shades would not photograph well. My lips would have looked larger than they really are.

I asked the clerk for a deeper mauve/rose lipstick without shimmer. She showed me this first along with some others. I wasn't too sure about this as it looked like more brown with a touch of brick red in it when swatched. I took a leap of faith and bought this one alone.This is a satin finish BTW. But on the big day it looked amazing and photographed even more so.

I used Peter Thomas Roth Un-wrinkle lip balm in "Pink Ice" then Jordana's l/l in "Tawny" on top. Then I applied the Verve lipstick with MAC "Hug Me" on the center of the lips. It lasted all evening. I reapplied just before the cake cutting ceremony. My lips were never dry or shimmery. Just comfortable.

My lips photographed almost like my lips but better. There was no shine but my lips still popped. In the pics my lips did not look brown or brick red but more of a dusty rose shade.

I could not have asked for more. I 100% stand by this purchase and have no regrets whatsoever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my absolute favorite neutral lipstick. It's a perfect brown/brick tone that would look flattering on just about anybody. It glides on perfectly smooth and doesn't tug or pull on your lips. Pigmentation is A+. Just one glide on both lips is more than enough product. The formula is not drying on my lips like most MAC lipsticks are, I'm not sure why. I feel like this is the perfect neutral color for my NC40-43 skin tone. It's the perfect pop of color that can never look overdone and matches with any blush and/or eyeshadow. I use this just about everyday and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Zena89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's my go to nude. I love Mac's satin range as it's creamy and the staying power is good enough.

The colour is so understated for a 'my lips but better' look as my lips are so intensely pigmented compared with the rest of my skin tone.

Will keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

let me please be the first "old" MUA'er I'm 47 to review it! I love that MAC lipstick aroma that's always a bonus. This a nude somewhat darker but goes on divinely. I had the mistake of leaving it in the car here today is fine but it's in the mid to upper 80's here. Otherwise good quality with all the MAC products M/u and bruses. Savannah GA is the closest place for me in a Belk it's an hour (sad misses great N Dallas shopping) O is the other one I own but it's the stepchild I like this one best..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by giselle27

LOVE this color. I'm on my second tube. Its the perfect everyday-work-friendly lipstick. Im medium/dark tone and its the perfect shade on me, it's just a couple shades darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by merlatma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an amazing color and it seems to suit everyone. It also looks different on different skin tones..On me it takes on a flesh color that matches my lip and looks soooo cool. Perfect daytime lipstick. I cant stop looking at lips in the mirror..Im an NC45 for ref..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by catherine112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's a matte burgundy satin. I love the color! Too bad it's LE. I bought two lipsticks cus it's just that awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

This is one of those rare lipstick colors out there that suits me perfectly (NC25, hazel eyes, dark warm brunette). I use it extremely lightly, just a few pats on the lips for a flush of color. This way it looks very natural, yet polished. Applied full-force, it's a dark brown matte plum - also looks amazing but that sort of intensity is reserved for special occasions only. It's a bit drying so I have to wear a layer of lipbalm on top. I don't mind. The color is a rare match for me. I hope MAC doesn't discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

This lipstick screams FALL for me! Its the perfect brown lipstick with a soft touch of red for my NC30/35 skintone! I recently dyed my hair black so it makes it look more intense but I like that w/ a simple eye look. Definately creamy & pigmented. GIve this one a try next time at a counter if you're looking for a nice fall lipstick! :)