MAC Verve Lipstick

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Verve is a pretty colour, it's great if you feel like wearing a dark lippie but aren't up for something too dark -such as Cyber or Sin. I'm not sure if this would look good if you have very fair skin, it might wash you out. Looks great paired with either Half-Red or Plum lip liner!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is my favorite fall color to wear. The pigment is long lasting and looks great with darker skin tones. Although, you definitely need to wear a liner with this color.

This was my first MAC lipstick purchase. My mistake was not asking to try it on before purchasing. have very fair skin and this looked OK in the tube, but it is so pigmented, it goes on very dark on me. I wear it but it's not my first choice. It would be great on someone with darker skin. I still manage to wear it, though, putting a nude color over it to soften the look. I"m not comfortable with vampy lips but if you had fair skin and wanted a borderline-vampy lip, something dark but more natural, this would work. The formula is very long lasting.

This is NOT for me. It's a nice color but my fair skin just can't pull it off. I bought this after seeing a photo of someone with a deep brown lip and I fell in love with it. The girl at Mac said to line and fill in my lips with cork and then go use this over the top. Whilst I can appreciate the color, I'll never wear it as its too dark on my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I like this. Certainly brown girl approved. It is a bit too dark for me to just slap it on and go. I find that creating more of an ombre lip with Siss (also a mac satin) in the center of both my bottom and top lip works very well for the office. That is the only way I will be able to use Siss at all. Verve is one of those colors nobody ever speaks about but it will be a staple for me for work. I am NW45 for reference.

Satins are not as drying as mattes and can sometimes end up looking matte by the end of the day. This wears incredibly well, I do not have to touch up for 5 hours or until after eating. I would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

PERFECT nude Lipstick for my complexion. It's a mix of a berry mauve & brownish pink color. It's sheer but gives the right amount of color & can be build-able. I also find that after a few hours it does dry down to a semi matte finish. At least on my lips, so I moisturize ( as always ) before applying this product .. I received this Lipstick through back to MAC so it was "kind" of free. ( Back 2 MAC is when you recycle your old full size MAC containers for a free Lipstick, Eyeshadow or Lip glass from a regular collection. 6 Containers = 1 item ) .. I am in LUV with this lipstick & will definitely repurchase more. Also I just love the vanilla cupcake scents these MAC lipsticks have

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I was contemplating between Verve and Twig and I'm so glad I got Verve. I'd best describe Verve as a deep rosy brown colour with a plum hue. Now if you're around an NC44 shade and over this would work amazingly for the overrated Kylie Jenner lip everybody is obsessing over. It's a satin finish, so longevity isn't as great as say a matte would be but it's definitely a great investment. Thumbs up from me.

I have about 10 MAC lipsticks, a mini collection, and there are only about 3 I would repurchase, including this one, among Cherish and Diva. Although I don't own ALL the Mac lippies, I guess the point of that statement is that its a really beautiful color. I am fair-skinned, and looking at the skintone profiles of the previous reviewers, not many fair-skinned gals have purchased this color. I haven't heard any rave reviews through word of mouth or on youtube about this color beforehand, and kind of just picked it out on a whim when I was getting my free MAC lipstick after 6 empties. A few months later, one of my fave youtubers Casey Holmes included verve in her monthly faves.

I do wear this alone, sometimes with a lipliner underneath. Its a beautiful color worn both ways. Because I am so fair-skinned, I have to be very careful of over applying this because it can get too intense. Other than that, I love the color and the satin finish of the lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

What a beautiful brown colour for my NW45 skin tone. It is the perfect nude or brown shade that could be a mistaken for my actual lip colour. I don't need a lip liner when wearing it but I often line my lips with a medium brown liner just for precision. Its a satin finish which I love because its not too drying. Its also totally wearable at work for those who are required to wear natural lipstick shades at work. However I don't like the price at all, but we all know MAC is quite pricey. It is worth the money though and I would totally buy it again...

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have repurchased this lippie countless times and it's definitely a holy grail for me. Gives me the perfect balance of vampy yet neutral paired with my NC44 skintone. I line with currant lip liner and then fill in with verve and whoa mama, it's a match made in heaven. 90% of the time I wear this combo, I get so many compliments. Looks great with so many different looks and polishes up even the simplest of days. Love love love!

Recommended for Medium Skin