MAC Verve Lipstick

4.5

on 3/14/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I was contemplating between Verve and Twig and I'm so glad I got Verve. I'd best describe Verve as a deep rosy brown colour with a plum hue. Now if you're around an NC44 shade and over this would work amazingly for the overrated Kylie Jenner lip everybody is obsessing over. It's a satin finish, so longevity isn't as great as say a matte would be but it's definitely a great investment. Thumbs up from me.

I have about 10 MAC lipsticks, a mini collection, and there are only about 3 I would repurchase, including this one, among Cherish and Diva. Although I don't own ALL the Mac lippies, I guess the point of that statement is that its a really beautiful color. I am fair-skinned, and looking at the skintone profiles of the previous reviewers, not many fair-skinned gals have purchased this color. I haven't heard any rave reviews through word of mouth or on youtube about this color beforehand, and kind of just picked it out on a whim when I was getting my free MAC lipstick after 6 empties. A few months later, one of my fave youtubers Casey Holmes included verve in her monthly faves.

I do wear this alone, sometimes with a lipliner underneath. Its a beautiful color worn both ways. Because I am so fair-skinned, I have to be very careful of over applying this because it can get too intense. Other than that, I love the color and the satin finish of the lipstick.

on 2/6/2015 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

What a beautiful brown colour for my NW45 skin tone. It is the perfect nude or brown shade that could be a mistaken for my actual lip colour. I don't need a lip liner when wearing it but I often line my lips with a medium brown liner just for precision. Its a satin finish which I love because its not too drying. Its also totally wearable at work for those who are required to wear natural lipstick shades at work. However I don't like the price at all, but we all know MAC is quite pricey. It is worth the money though and I would totally buy it again...

on 1/28/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have repurchased this lippie countless times and it's definitely a holy grail for me. Gives me the perfect balance of vampy yet neutral paired with my NC44 skintone. I line with currant lip liner and then fill in with verve and whoa mama, it's a match made in heaven. 90% of the time I wear this combo, I get so many compliments. Looks great with so many different looks and polishes up even the simplest of days. Love love love!

on 1/28/2015 10:18:00 AM

I bought this hoping for a 90s, kylie jenner lip. But i returned it after a few weeks because it's just too dark--almost vampy. I have NC 30 skin and it just didnt work, it wasnt flattering either. For a lighter more natural look, try velvet teddy, faux or hug me.

This shade is extremely aging so anyone over a certain age should not wear this shade if they do not want to look older! Its just too dark and to grey to be flattering.

on 8/10/2014 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This has got to be one of my favorite MAC shades. I went to Macy's to purchase Photo, but saw this shade and decided to try it since I've heard about it on YouTube. I instantly fell in love the moment I looked in the mirror! It is the perfect brown shade that could work for all skin tones.

on 10/28/2013 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

When I was getting married, I went a MAC store to get my perfect lipstick. I love nudes and neutrals but since I have very full lips, those shades would not photograph well. My lips would have looked larger than they really are.

I asked the clerk for a deeper mauve/rose lipstick without shimmer. She showed me this first along with some others. I wasn't too sure about this as it looked like more brown with a touch of brick red in it when swatched. I took a leap of faith and bought this one alone.This is a satin finish BTW. But on the big day it looked amazing and photographed even more so.

I used Peter Thomas Roth Un-wrinkle lip balm in "Pink Ice" then Jordana's l/l in "Tawny" on top. Then I applied the Verve lipstick with MAC "Hug Me" on the center of the lips. It lasted all evening. I reapplied just before the cake cutting ceremony. My lips were never dry or shimmery. Just comfortable.

My lips photographed almost like my lips but better. There was no shine but my lips still popped. In the pics my lips did not look brown or brick red but more of a dusty rose shade.

I could not have asked for more. I 100% stand by this purchase and have no regrets whatsoever.

on 7/14/2013 10:04:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite neutral lipstick. It's a perfect brown/brick tone that would look flattering on just about anybody. It glides on perfectly smooth and doesn't tug or pull on your lips. Pigmentation is A+. Just one glide on both lips is more than enough product. The formula is not drying on my lips like most MAC lipsticks are, I'm not sure why. I feel like this is the perfect neutral color for my NC40-43 skin tone. It's the perfect pop of color that can never look overdone and matches with any blush and/or eyeshadow. I use this just about everyday and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 10/14/2012 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

It's my go to nude. I love Mac's satin range as it's creamy and the staying power is good enough.

The colour is so understated for a 'my lips but better' look as my lips are so intensely pigmented compared with the rest of my skin tone.

Will keep buying.

on 5/2/2012 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

let me please be the first "old" MUA'er I'm 47 to review it! I love that MAC lipstick aroma that's always a bonus. This a nude somewhat darker but goes on divinely. I had the mistake of leaving it in the car here today is fine but it's in the mid to upper 80's here. Otherwise good quality with all the MAC products M/u and bruses. Savannah GA is the closest place for me in a Belk it's an hour (sad misses great N Dallas shopping) O is the other one I own but it's the stepchild I like this one best..

Popular Lipsticks