July 22, 2014 | 1251 users online

Makeup Brushes - Giorgio Armani - Blender brush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 6:44:00 AM More reviews by cathekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK, what am I doing wrong? I bought this brush to use with the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. While the foundation is one of my favorites (great color, great consistency), this brush is bad! Either that, or I never mastered using it. I've tried long strokes, quick/small strokes, lots of foundation, little foundation... doesn't matter, I end up with streaks everywhere! I spend just as much time "blending" it out. When you look at the brush, it's a quality brush - well made, high quality hair, meticulously constructed. However, it's very expensive, especially for something that does not perform well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by petunianna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product by Georgio Armani is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!!! I highly recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by vamperhildog

beautiful brush, but unless you are a makeup expert, this brush leaves streaks all over your face. i use it with my giorgio armani lasting silk foundation and it still leaves streaks.

i would recommend the mac stippling brushes (flat top). totally easy to use and gives your complexion an airbrushed look!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by alvira7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush is wonderful.

I have the Bobbi Brown Foundation Brush, and the Creme de la Mer foundation brush which I was happy with but found the Bobbi Brown bush to be more streaky with the foundations I use.

I love foundations, especially the different textures available. I currently vary between Laura Mercier oil-free, armani luminous silk, chanel pro lumiere and La Mer's fluid foundations.

The Creme de la mer foundation brush is great for both cream and liquid foundations and creates a nice flawless finish, and I wanted an alternative brush that would be comparable or even better, The Giorgio Armani Blender Brush gives you an ability to use less of your foundation (i.e. saving you money over time, possibly a bottle of foundation a year) and achieve an airbrushed finish, I can also use this brush with cream foundation which is great. Give this brush a try and I am sure you will be impressed. It is also high quality so I am confident it will last many years. Alvira Khan, Florida Atlantic University, FAU Boca Raton Alumna

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by floridashoegal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's crazy expensive, but this is the best tool I've ever found for foundation, without question. The upside, as some have pointed out, is that you use less foundation because the brush spreads it around so efficiently. The trick seems to be to start with the smallest amount and build from there. I had the same issue others mentioned with it positively reeking (bad as a skunk) the first time I washed it. As soon as it dried out, though, it was fine, and after the first couple times, I haven't noticed it as much. It's HG for me, and I don't say that about much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by catherine2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This brush is HG material for me. I got it in the travel kit with the Luminous Silk foundation and didn't think too much of it at first.
Boy was I too quick to judge. This is not your conventional foundation brush. First of all, it is tiny. It allows you to reach every crevice of your face without having to switch brushes or blend with your finger. It creates the most flawless, natural finish.
The key to this brush is to use a small amount of product, and apply it in small feathering strokes. I highly recommend anyone interested in how to use this brush to watch this video from the Armani site: http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/_us/_en/lookandtips/dress-code-for-face.aspx
I've used this with GA foundations as well as other foundations (Maybelline Superstay 24 hr, Neutrogena healthy skin liquid makeup) and it has worked wonders for all. You can also use it to blend concealer over a larger area.
The only downfall is that it has started to shed on me. Mind you, I have used this brush daily for the last 10 months and washed weekly.
I am literally lost without this brush. Buy it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by CosmoGirl25

Awesome! Buy it. Its worth it and foundations go on great with no streaks, plus, you'll get more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ankaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this brush to apply liquid foundations and GA foundations. It does the job really well: I get a smooth, streak free application.
When I got it, I was surprised how small this brush is but it actually is a plus as it lets me get foundation into small areas around the nose.
I really like it and even though I have quite a few foundation brushes, I reach for this one all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is certainly one of my most unusual brushes, I have two other foundation brushes, a Vincent Longo and a Lancome, which are similar; long handles, synthetic fibres with long, floppy heads. This is a small, compact brush, really a travel-size, with short, thick natural sable hair. It works very well, especially for liquid foundation. It does get clogged quickly, and needs to be washed often. There is a funky, animal-y smell when it is damp from foundation, which I actually like. I haven't noticed any shedding, but I can't imagine it will last as long as my synthetic brushes, which are still as new after 10 years. I swapped for this, and I'm glad to have it, as I love unusual brushes, the odder the better. But I can't say for sure if I'd spend US$50 to replace it if it falls apart.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this with my GA silk matte foundation and blends it so well into my skin that it looks natural. Really expensive for such a little brush but well worth the investment because it's a life long brush if you take care of it.