October 22, 2014 | 1654 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Shampure

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by blackmamba6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Completely obsessed with the heavenly, spa-esque scent of this line. I use the shampoo and the conditionner, and I am so in love. My only caveat is the shampoo makes my scalp itch, over time. Oh, and I am a little iffy about the ingredients - an employee at the Aveda store told me all of the ingredients are plant-based, but I am unsure as to how processed they are. The scent seems a tad unnatural, but maybe that's just the crazy combination of 25 essential oils they use.

Otherwise, I seriously adore this product. I even bought the candle with the same fragrance because I wanted my home to smell like it. My guests always demand to know what it is.

It cost me about $16 for an 8 oz. bottle, at an Aveda store. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by MeeraSal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After using $5 supermarket shampoo for a few years, I was looking for a change. I loved the smell of Aveda so tried it out. After 2 washes, I was disappointed with the product - it caused more build up and made my scalp oilier. I have thick curls so I need a good cleansing shampoo. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with similar hair type. I will stick to my $5 shampoo for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by SarahCosProf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best aroma out there! I work for Aveda and I love using this on my clients as well as myself. The aroma is a calming, relaxing aroma that reminds me of vanilla and sweet cream. This can be used on all hair types, from little kids to the elderly! It is fairly cheap for Aveda, compared to other lines such as the Invati and smooth infusion. A little drop goes a long way, so for the price you get a lot of product that will last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ladycatcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo has the best aroma! It's a basic shampoo, it's very mild. I use it on my kids and to clean my makeup brushes. The candle and pure-fume spirit are amazing as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by melaenis1

I bought this shampoo purely for the smell. I have a very oily, itchy scalp and noticed when I used this shampoo that my hair would be heavy looking with grease almost the next day. I continued to use it though because I loved the smell so much. After two weeks I noticed my grey roots showing up when I just had my hair colored and flakiness from my scalp. My skin is sensitive to essential oils so I'm thinking my scalp probably is as well. It is a bit expensive, but since I was the only one using it, it wasn't that bad. It's unfortunate but it definitely does not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

Love this shampoo. I have A LOT of fine, bleached hair but with oily scalp, so most shampoos either dry out my ends or make my hair fall flat. This is really good because it's very cleansing without stripping my hair. Hair feels soft, light, suuuper shiny and it doesn't fall flat the next day, I feel like I could go 3 days without having to wash it.
I took one lippie off just because recently I noticed my scalp had become a bit flaky. I'm not sure if it's the shampoo (doubt it) because I've had itchy scalp issues in the past, and I've been under a bit of stress recently/indulged a bit too much over the holidays/haven't been sleeping enough this past month.... So really it could be anything.
Love, I'm about to run out and don't mind spending the money considering it's quite cheap for an AVEDA product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by VelveteenRabbit85

This is my HG shampoo, whether my hair is going through a dry phase or a greasy phase or is coloured or not, this shampoo always makes my hair look shiny and healthy. I don't use much in the way of products in my hair, so a gentle cleanse is usually all it needs.

I like the smell, it's natural but not too strong. It doesn't effect my sensitive skin and this is one of a very few shampoos that don't cause my scalp discomfort. The only downside is the price, which I consider quite expensive for a shampoo, so even though it's my favourite I don't use it all the time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

I have damaged hair so I bought this shampoo and the damage remedy shampoo. I actually prefer this shampoo over the damage remedy shampoo for my oily hair. It leaves my hair clean but doesn't strip away the natural oil in my hair like most shampoos do. Scent is light and not overpowering at all. It doesn't smell like cheap chemicals.
Aveda has great products and I trust their ingredients. This is a great basic shampoo for all hair types, especially oily hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by minardi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first started using this our two Maine Coon kittens would nuzzle my head and bite my hair when I'd sit on the couch and watch TV. One actually fell asleep and dropped a paw over my eye.

Apparently I wasn't the only one benefiting from aromatherapy. I do love the smell, it does bring a pleasantness, and works well for my hair.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaD

This is a pretty good shampoo. I have fine hair, with an oily scalp and dry ends. Shampure does a good job of cleaning my hair without stripping it. I like the gentle formula, and that it's concentrated enough so that I only need to use a low amount of product at a time. The shampoo has a clean, herbal scent that lingers slightly. I'm almost finished with my bottle and would re-purchase, but I prefer my stand-by Brocato Splassh. While Shampure cleans well and doesn't strip, I find Splassh is a bit gentler on my hair and leaves it with a little more body as well. But Shampure is a good alternative, and I'd re-purchase if Splassh was discontinued or suddenly no longer worked for my hair.