July 28, 2014 | 973 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - Hydrofirming Bio-6

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good moisturiser. This is meant for dry skin but unlike a lot of dry skin moisturisers, it's not so thick and heavy that it just sits on the surface of my skin. It sinks right in and moisturises my face well leaving it soft and glowing. The scent is not great but one that I can live with. I usually get this during a 2 for 1 offer. The packaging can be improved since it's not very hygienic in a jar, but overall, an impressive moisturiser for the price. Although I like this, I probably won't repurchase as I'm now into more natural ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by lusciouswife

I love this! I have really sensitive skin that is really dry at the moment but this is a dream to use after a good cleanse.
I have tried so many other brands but this is a clear winner, in both quality and price. I hope it never gets discontinued!

LW
x

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by ParisFan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A good budget buy, but not much good if you've got sensitive skin like mine. It'll make it even drier and (aagh) cause it to crack. Yup! Crack. I stopped using it after about two days and gave it to my sister with oilier skin who swears by this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Cindy76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the .5 fl. oz eye cream for dry eyes. Terrible waste of money. The product doesn't moisturize and after a few minutes, it begins to flake off. I can only use this product at night and then I have to wipe off with cosmetic remover. Unfortunately, I was searching for an eye cream that I could use under make up, but because the product flakes off, it's pretty useless to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe the bad reviews for this product. This is the best moisturizer I have found, and I've tried--and returned--it all, even Creme de la Mer and La Prairie, which are just hype. For a night cream, this moisturizer is light in texture, but it is designed for very dry skin. If you have slightly dry skin, this really may be too heavy for you. I used this for almost a year and it left my skin soft and smooth. I have run out and switched to Aveda, which has left my skin rough, dry and cracked. It literally hurts to smile. And, Aveda was 3x more expensive. I've ordered up again on this cream because this is the only thing that has been able to keep my extremely dry skin in check. I've learned that price is not a determining factor in whether a product will work. I will admit; the smell--horrible. I wish they would make this in a fragrance-free formula.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cream moisturizes well, though I did not see any firming. I purchased the night cream for a great deal a couple of months ago, and have used the whole jar. No problems with break-outs, though it doesn't sink in very well so it wouldn't work for me as anything other than a night cream. The smell bothered me too, so I think for that reason alone I wouldn't repurchase. If your skin is very dry & you don't mind scented products, it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2008 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Licorice86

This stuff seemed ok when I used it the first 2 days then the clogging began. I bought the Day lotion when it was on sale because I felt like my oily skin has begun to change and become slightly drier (probably because its winter and because I am done with my oily teen years) Anyways about by day 3 I noticed clogged pores, not regular breakouts, just slightly raised bumps on my cheeks (a place i RARELY broke out even as a teenager who was acne prone and still am) My face felt soft for a little while, but the moisture did not last and it made my face feel too sticky for a day lotion. Also no real "lifting" as they advertised and it smelled kind of weird.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by judeyan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all, the smell is unbearable. It's actually quite nauseating. I only used it once. Needless to say I returned it. If it works for you, great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had the Hydrofirming Bio-6 Day Cream SPF15, and it took me a while until I realized my skin didn't like it. It felt heavy and balled up if I applied foundation afterwards. Yet I kept using it (thinking it was good for me because of the SPF) and ignoring my tingly, red, irritated skin. Finally, I couldn't put up with it any more and threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by littletato68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this eye cream. I have been searching months for a great eye cream. I have wasted a lot of money on expensive creams. Most recently, I tried both of Bobbi Brown's eye creams - the hydrating day one and the vaseline-like evening one. Just didn't do anything for my eyes. I am not an Avon consumer, but thought I would give them a try. They had many eye creams to choose from, but I wanted something that would work on the puffiness, but more importantly, keep my hydrated all day. This is like magic! It's not greasy, it soaks in, and it keeps my eyes hydrated. It is perfect to put on under concealer - the concealer doesn't slip off. LOVE it and will continue to buy it.