Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream

3.0

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This made the skin around my eyes puffy and irritated, gave me lines, and it was not a pretty site.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Being 26 I don't have a lot of skin issues yet so I really like this cream as something to help me before my fine lines get any worse. I had an issue of extremely dry under eyes after using the UD Naked Skin concealer and nothing helped but then I tried this and I haven't looked back. Seriously, in just 1 use it added so much moisture back into my skin! I had to play around with it for awhile to figure out how I like to use the product. You can't just swipe it on and apply makeup after. I generally only use this at night because it is so heavy. You only need the smallest amount (this tub should last me well over a year) and I first dab it onto the skin under my eye and let it absorb that way but then I go in with another tiny amount and let it sit on top of my skin and sink in over night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Overall I really like this eyecream, especially for use at nighttime. It has done wonders moisturizing my eye area. I like the thickness of the cream.

My only issue with this product is the packaging. It's cheap, and if the bottle is stored upside down (which mine almost always is, since I carry it in a travel pouch) the lotion gathers in the cap and then leaks around the edges. I've used the excess that leaks on my neck and chest, but I think for the price a higher quality container would be better.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This was terrible for me. I think I do have a sensitive eye area but this was by far the worst thing I've ever put on my eye area. I had it for like 3 days before returning it. The morning after I used it I noticed my right eyelid had like an extra line on it (wtf?) and my eyelids looked a bit puffy. My eye area was also dry. I continued to use it one or two more times (for some reason), and my eye area ended up getting red and extremely dry. Yikes. It took a few days after returning to what I used before (jojoba oil) to get my eye area back to normal.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This just moisturizes my under eye are like no other cream I've tried. It’s replaced my 100% Pure coffee bean eye cream.I heard about this product from beauty vlogger Thataylaa on YouTube, when she said “I swear I feel this working” I had to give it a try. I'm 43 and just starting to see fine lines around my eyes. I noticed results the first time I used it, it hydrated my under eye area so well that my concealer didn't crease. I had forgotten to apply it one morning and my under eyes looked dry so I added it on top of my foundation and it still worked like a charm. It's got a nice and thin consistency and no smell that I can detect. I've started to use it on my entire face and neck area as a moisturizer, this is a staple product in my daily regimen and affordable at $18 a jar, it goes a long way. I got mine on Amazon, but you can also buy this brand at Ulta and www.mariobadescu.com/

For more reviews on cruelty free beauty products, visit my blog dizzynicky.wordpress.com or on Instagram @dizzynicky

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

got this in a free sample- i wasn't expecting much, just some moisture for my under eye area. after using every night for about a week my dark circles have faded. nothing dramatic, but enough for me to notice, which is more than i can say for any other eye cream i've used. i'll be purchasing this product when my sample runs out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've had success with other MB products. Their aloe toner is awesome. But lemme break down my experience with this eye cream--

Day 1: Ohhhh feels great. Really moisturizing and lovely, if not a tad tacky

Day 2: Hmmm, my lids are awfully hooded and my eyes feel/look puffy

Day 3: FIRE! I'm on fire. How do I get the burning to go away?! Did I apply Bengay by accident?

(Upon further research I suspect the 2nd listed ingredient: Polyglycerylmethacrylate. It's nasty stuff. Unpronounceable and nasty.)

So back to Ulta I go. I'll be glared at (as I always am, processing returns there) and when asked why this "didn't work out for me" I'll report that eyelids burning like cayenne pepper is not a cute look. My brows nearly went up in flames too! Just sooo uncomfortable.

Developing milia was my most recent concern as I had such a nasty case of it from my last eye cream (ShiKai Borage). After nearly a year hiatus from ANY eye cream, I thought for 24 blissful hours I had a winner here but it's back to the drawing board.

Sensitive skin girls: Avoid. Avoid. Avoid! Not to mention that had I not had a reaction, the consistency is not very concealer-friendly unless you have about 30+ minutes to wait for absorption. Blech.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am extremely impressed with this eye cream! I'm approaching my 30's and am very into keeping my skin in general, but especially my eye area looking as nice as possible, so I've been through a ungodly amount of eye creams. I have extremely dry and sensitive skin as well. This eye cream worked wonders for me. The main thing is keeping my under eye area super moisturized! I use it at night before bed, and in the morning before I do my makeup. Since using this product (probably about 2 months now) I've noticed a HUGE difference in how well my concealer looks! The skin under my eyes doesn't dry out and make my concealer look icky anymore! And this stuff doesn't irritate my eyes, which is a bonus. I hope they never discontinue this product or change the formula!

I have very sensitive skin around my eyes. This product worked well when it was used very, very sparsely (only a few dots)!! It made my delicate skin sting when I used more than that for some reason. When I used too much, I woke up with lines under my eyes and I looked really tired and saggy. I don't like the tub the product comes in. It makes it harder to control how much product you get out each time and requires you to dip your fingers in it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

There are so many mixed reviews for this! I will keep it short and sweet:
It hydrates so well I can feel it in the AM. It doesn't work under makeup. Probably not worth the price but get a sample and try it for yourself!