October 22, 2014 | 1300 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Maroon

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Naturalchick27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have two samples of this pigment. I love it so much. I like to wear it as a lid color with Embark in the crease and Grain as a highlight. I also wear Artifact paintpot as a base which makes the color stand out. Sadly, Maroon is discontinued so I will have to ration out what I have left lol. For reference, I am NC 43-44 and Toast in Revlon CS fdtn.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I recently recieved a sample of this pigment, and I just love it. Its the perfect deep brown/slight purple color. Its great for the crease, and lid. The texture is really smooth, but it has a tendency to have a little fall-out- other then that its just gorgeous! I really hope MAC releases this again, I would love a full size!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupbykatie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately this color has been discontinued, but i Love love love this shade! It is the prettist maroon color (hence the name!). It does have a slightly purple brown hue to it but it's also not over the top and looks great on just about everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Oh .. How I **love** this pigment when I use it! it's absolutely stunning on brown eyes! It's a deep crimson with visible shimmer, that just makes my eyes pop! It's stunning worn with golds and light pinks .. I love no matter what I pair with it! This pigment was sadly discontinued .. but since I have a full jar, I'm not in a huge panic, because I have never used a full pigment .. I've never even come close to using a full pigment, so this jar will probably last a lifetime. It's the one pigment that I won't swap samples of because I adore it, and want to make sure I never run out of. This is definitely worth acquiring if you can find it!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is MAROON, not burgundy or red but maroon. its ok i guess, just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

***PICS INCLUDED***

at first glance i thought this pigment was one of the ugliest mac had ever come up with... i thought for sure it would make me look like i had taken a beating... boy was i wrong.. its a pretty basic maroon color with some shimmer to it... nothing flashy like reflects glitters or duochrome like in some of the other pigments... its pretty plain, but looks absolutely gorgeous.. especially when mixed with gold/tan pigments.. (click continued to see pic below)

if you have olive/dark coloring this pigment will compliment your skin tone perfectly...

in this look i started with shadestick in blurberry as a base... used the maroon pigment all over the lid and the outer ends of my lower lash line... applied scatterrays solar bits pigment to the inner corner of my lids (and the inner corner of the lower lash line) and a lightly applied typographic e/s to the outer corners to give it some dimension... top it off with liquid liner in boot black and your favorite mascara continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I saved some of this for myself but swapped a load of it away about 2 years ago. I still don;t reach for it and don;t regret it at all. It has a slightly black matte undertone and is pretty ill to blend. It does work well as a liner and brings out the green in my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 11:32:00 AM More reviews by annabanana00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love maroon pigment. It is like the reviewer below said like cranberry and sable combined. Probably more towards cranberry but slightly darker. I love to use it but it does take a very light hand on my skin type (GGG nc30) or it will get very dark, quickly. I wish MAC would re-release it already.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by boomgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Completely disagree with the reviewers' comparison of Macroviolet fluidline and Maroon pigment. Maroon is similar to Sable and Cranberry eyeshadows combined. It is a frost with subtle red reflects while Macroviolet is a dark eggplant with frost.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by stolenlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maroon is basically MAC's macroviolet fluidline in pigment form. It is pearl-shot and a deep dark brown based purple. The texture of this pigment is superb. It is highly blendable and VERY FINE, unlike some pigments such as "pink bronze" and "rose". Oh, and the color payoff is fantastic! A little goes a very long way with this one.