October 23, 2014 | 1933 users online

Liquid - LORAC - Oil-free foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Terrible coverage, then dries cakey...which is interesting because it wasn't actually covering anything. Then I realized the area on top of my cheekbones were burning. Had to wash it off immediately. I do not trust these ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by katherine1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have owned this product for about over 2 years! Crazy, right?! Well I used only a little bit each time because that is the way it works on my skin, and well, I still have a quarter of it left! My friend got it for me as a little Christmas Makeup Gift bag, she knew I like makeup, and knows my skin colour on my face, and I really thank my friend for that. I would recommend this to anyone, no downsides to it at all! And it truly is OIL FREE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by adkizer

I purchased this from the Hautelook website for only $7.00. today was my first day wearing it and I was very impressed. The coverage gave me a very natural look and covered red marks from past acne. It lasted through a 10 hour shift without any touch ups. The heat index reached 107 today and I spent my lunch break outside. I was amazed that the foundation did not melt off in the heat. I am suprised by all the negative reviews. I did use Hard Candy primer and then used Skindinavia finishing spray to set the foundation. Maybe those prouducts gave a boost to the foundations staying power. I would definately buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by tayjer04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this at Ulta for 38.00. Not cheap. I heard this was a great product by word of mouth, and was really excited to try it. Holy crap! This is literally the worst foundation I have ever used. It showed every single dry spot or patch on my face. I have dry skin and the only reason I got oil-free was because my skin tends to break-out when I get an oil based one...so I'd rather have dry skin than break-outs. The color didn't match me at all, and the only reason I bring that up is because the woman at Ulta "matched me" to my perfect shade. I wore it anyways while I was running errands, and it started to melt off of my face...but it was about 20 degrees out. After about two hours of wearing it, it looked like I had rubbed mud on my face, not the color of mud, but the texture. It was disgusting. And to top it off, there's barely any coverage. I had a few pimples, and it didn't do anything for them. Just ridiculous, especially for the price I paid. The only good thing about this was the okay packaging. It had a semi-good pump. The rest of it looked cheap. I will never buy this again. Frankly, I'd rather go without any makeup on than to wear this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by lil_me

I picked this up at www.loraccosmetics.com for $7.50 in S2 Light
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5%), Titanium Dioxide (5.88%)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Behenyl Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Talc, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glyceryl Ethylhexanoate / Stearate/ Adipate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methicone, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Tripeptide 3, Trisodium Inositol Triphosphate, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxide (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499)
The website claims:
LORAC's Breakthrough Performance Oil-Free Anti-Aging Foundation with SMS Complex and SPF 14 combines pre-aging, anti-aging, hydrating, and smoothing ingredients along with antioxidants to help skin appear youthful, rejuvenated, and radiant.

Formulated to Help Prevent Aging:

With time, the skin experiences cellular and structural changes. The change originates below the surface of the skin, gradually resulting in a relaxation of the skin and alterations of the dermal structure. The first signs of aging occur on the skin's surface as aesthetic problems like dryness, dehydration and the first wrinkles start to appear. The SMSystems helps to counteract the signs of aging by increasing cell turnover, and promoting skin's natural ability to produce collagen; which has been shown to strengthen the skin's structure. This systems is designed for all ages and all skin types to help create a youthful, radiant complexion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read a few reviews and some said they did not get much coverage. I would have to agree. The coverage is pretty sheer, but buildable to light-medium. The texture is almost gel-like. I could probably get away with this coverage on a good skin day. I think it's ok for some light skin redness, but it would definately not be able to cover any blemishes. It did not seep into any lines or pores. It did not oxidize on my skin, but it faded quickly. I'd say it lasted about 5 hours. I tried this with the Lorac Aquaprimer and it did not help make it last all day.

My cons would be the light coverage and the inability to last through a normal day.

It's an ok product, but not super. I would probaly not repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by CatieG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this at Sephora as the MA said it was "red carpet" foundation. I do not like it at all. I find the coverage poor and it makes me look paler (didn't think that was possible!). Did nothing to reduce redness.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by jimsland

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

In the minority here. I'm loving this so far. I went to the Lorac site and this was on sale for 50% off. My guess is they are discontinuing it.....

Anyway, I have been looking for a silicone free fdn for some time ('cones break me out horribly) that doesn't break the bank. I use EDM, but wanted to find a liquid. I have acne prone skin (however am not oily) and do have some red marks I need to cover. I used a stippling brush and EnkoreMakeup's (YouTube) technique (which is to ONLY stipple NO buffing). It worked beautifully, great coverage, doesn't feel heavy. Set it with a MUFE silica powder knock off. No oxidation, no cake, no sliding.

However, if I started breaking out, I will be back to edit my rating. So far, 3 days of 7 am to 6 pm wear with no touch ups (it hasn't gotten very hot and humid here in Chicagoland yet).

My shade of S2 is a touch too yellow for me, but nothing very noticeable. I didn't see another shade that looked better. I also got S4 (which I have up for swap), but might mix it in to see if that's a better match.

Update 7/29 Using it here and there. Stays put - looks ok, had some humud nasty days - does not hold up the greatest. Knocked it down a lippie, not as in love as I first was.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by theorginal

this is by far the WORST foundation i've had ever used. It looks alright when you first apply it on but afterwards it gave me a weird orange color with patches on my face... It also looks cakey... pretty disappointing since the sephora sales assistant raved about this product to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Kiannamia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Chanel and Mac foundation but I get bored and tried Lorac. It's great. It's gorgeous and always makes me feel beautiful . Great quality! I highly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

I agree with the reviewer below. I was trying out some foundation in a small cosmetics store looking for something better than the oil-free NARS. The SA recommended me that this foundation is better than NARS. When she applied it on me it was streaky, patchy on my dry patches. In addition it settled into every line I had beneath my eyes which I've never seen before but this foundation managed to make me look older. I looked like I had caked on foundation. I only did half a face to compare to what I already had on the NARS and it was horrible. It was like me using the drugstore brand liquid foundations.

The packaging is great in a slim bottle with a pump unlike NARS in a glass bottle w/o pump. It's expensive for the quality of product you get.