August 21, 2014 | 1304 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Estee Lauder - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by PearlsGirl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised to see so many bad reviews. I have sensitive eyes and sometimes skin to the point where I can't even use makeup remover wipes because they sting my skin. This on the other hand is wonderful for taking off the blackest of mascaras and eyeliners. I could bathe my eyes in this stuff and it's so gentle that if feels like I'm using water! The only issue is the price, the cheapest I can find it for is approx £15 which is just far too dear for a remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok product.
It removes my eye make up fairly well when I wear some, but if it's heavy make up it takes a couple of cotton wool pads but I've come across worse. It does not sting my eyes like some other reviewers. I have dry eyes (according to optician) that feel tired and sore and sensitive to light but not sensitive to eye make up or this product.
Packaging. It looks posh but it's impractical. I once spilt some as it's just a twist cap and an open bottle. It's not a very big bottle.
I just think I could get better for the price or cheaper. Generally I dont like to spend a lot of money though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I have a mixed feeling with his product. On the one hand, I think is is an effective eye make up remover. Just put it on a cotton ball and only a few swipes, all the eye make up is gone. On the other hand, I often feel a brief stinginess forming over the area during the swipes. Then it was gone. So, I am really not sure if this product is good for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by darknights

Here's the secret to removing your eye makeup successfully shake the bottle place some product on a cotton pad and place on eye. Now this is the strange part and one of the reasons why this might not work for you. Gently and I mean very gently move the cotton pad in a circular movement. The remover should start to foam up like soap and doing it this way will remove all that waterproof makeup. I swear if you don't move the cotton pad in that circular motion and see foam the remover will not work. Any I got this for free after I "borrowed" it from my mom :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I don't know why this has such bad reviews. I don't wear waterproof mascara (it dries out your lashes), but I do wear waterproof eyeliner, and this removes it like a dream.

I splash a bit on a cotton pad and hold it over my eyelid for about 30 seconds, then slide it off, and everything is completely removed. It's never stug my eyes, dried out my eyes, or left an oily residue.

The only con I can think of is the price. 20 dollars is a bit much for an eye makeup remover, but it lasts well over a year for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by kohxt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This attracts ants, subtly and just enough to keep you puzzling what on earth was attracting ants to your room. Do not keep it in the bedroom!

It does remove makeup well enough though.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by shinman1016

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is ineffective at removing eye makeup. You can buy a drugstore brand and it would do a better job.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Jnheartsxo

I love this eye make up remover because it does the job and its gentle. Doesn't sting my eyes and gets rid of most of my eye make up. However it is a bit pricey but I would repurchase this if I needed to.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The bottle says 'Gentle Eye Makeup Remover' and it is true that it is GENTLE. It did not sting my eyes one single time during the times I've used it.
I'm finished with the bottle now and will not purchase again. It's expensive, but not worth the price.
The _problem_ is that it does NOT get rid off _all_ eye makeup, so when I wake up in the morning I have to use this product TWICE more.

Have used more efficient products before.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received this as part of the Eye mascara+base free gift set w/ purchase – full bottle w/ gold cap. My initial reaction..."if by "gentle," you mean ineffective..."

Dislikes:

-Not effective for heavy eye makeup - Does not wipe off full-coverage eye makeup easily (which includes – eye primer, eyeshadows pencil eyeliner, & non-water proof mascara). I ended up having to fully soak a large cotton pad for just one eye (at least two splashes). I felt like I was constantly rubbing/wiping in order to remove all the makeup (particularly my pencil eyeliner & mascara). The skin around my eye became a bit more sensitive to touch after the first few uses. I am used to using just one splash of remover onto a cotton pad & removing heavy eye makeup completely.

-Price/Use –I found it works better when you pour more remover, but then this means I would go through the bottle faster. I think there are some decent drugstore brands (like Neutrogena) that wipe away eye makeup a lot faster/easier than this one, at a much lower price.

Likes:
-Oil-Free – no oil left behind after use, so this is really nice. Great for doing touchups when you are working on your makeup & need to fix areas. Or for the next morning when you have some leftover eye makeup under your eye.

-Odorless

I expected a lot from Estee Lauder, but apparently not all “high quality,” “high end” makeup brands can be outstanding in all areas of makeup & make a good, effective makeup remover. This is actually great news to me! I can stick to spending under $10 on drugstore removers and not feel like I’m missing out on anything. I will continue to use this product until it runs out though. I don’t like to waste :)