April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Express Finish Nail Polish (any color)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by nbrooks323

I love the way this product is quick and easy to apply. It really dries fast and unlike other products that claim to dry quickly, it does not clump or come off the next day. I LOVE this product. The colors are gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by haight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got the shades Rapidly Rosy and Chocolate Grape from a drugstore that was going out of business - Rapidly Rosy is a dark purple-red with a very fine golden shimmer, and Chocolate Grape is a dusty medium brown with a hint of purple and gray in it. I found the formula on these to be great - I used two coats to get an opaque manicure, and the polish was just right in consistency (not too thick or too thin). The brush was just slightly wider than other nail polish brushes which I liked, because I didn't have to go over the nail too many times to fully cover it. The polish dried quickly and looks great. Overall I think this is a solid choice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not impressed with this brand of polish as a whole. There are a few nice colors but overall I think I will stick to Essie.

First of all, I can't find the full line ANYWHERE. I can only find the new spring collection in the drugstores near me, so not very pleased with that.

Second, the formula. BLECK. Of the four colors I own, only 3 are really any good, and even then they aren't so great. The formula doesn't settle particularly well and streaks like crazy. Due to the "50 second dry time" you have to work in really thick layers or it dries in streaks. And working in thick layers means more chances for bubbles and unevenness.

Moving onto the colors that I own: (all four are a part of the spring 2012 collection)

PEACHY PETAL (60): This one is the worst of the bunch. The color is a very light pastel peachy color that I should have run away from. The color makes me look sickly and weird. The formula is also awful. It dries streaky and uneven. Into the trash it goes.

TULIP TANGO (70): Tulip Tango dries a hot pink-ish color with some peach tones throw in. This one I actually quite like. It coats evenly, but takes a few layers to get really opaque.

LOVE ME LAVENDER (80): This one is a lighter and less blue version of Essie's play date, which I greatly prefer. This one is thin and takes around 3 coats to get really opaque.

ORCHIDS OH MY (30): My mom LOVES this color. She likes a thinner application of polish. This one is a pretty thin formula, but the color is a very vibrant dark fuscia. I like it well enough.

So overall, the brand is eh. I think if you want to spend the money, go to Target and get some Essie polishes. They apply more opaque and less streaky and you can find almost the exact same colors as these four I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by anne_kaki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Express Finish has a huge color selection, dries real fast,and are always on sale from online sellers. I gravitate towards these polishes because I don't like waiting too long for my nails to dry after painting them. Maybe I am a bit impatient but clipping and cleaning nails take lots of time already.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by d1d1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought 3 Maybelline nail polishes for the first time ever. They are from the limited edition spring/summer collection 2012: Peachy Petal, Orchids Oh my! and Posy Pink. Initially I was looking for Essie's Tart Deco ($11.00) but then when I saw Maybelline's Peachy Petal for less $6.00 I quickly changed my mind. I swatched them both while at the drugstore and I didn't see any difference. Is Peachy Petal the dupe for Tart Deco? I think so and that's why I bought it.

They are creamy and opaque, applied 1 dose of base coat+2 coats of nail polish, they dried quick, they last longer enough until the next color (I change colors twice a week, but Peachy Petal lasts about 1 week), the formula feels light on the nails (some nail polishes give a weight as if they were solid caps covering the nails), another brand added to my nail polish collection.

I probably would buy this line again, depending on the creamy colors available and price tag. : )

Final note: looooooove Maybelline's Peachy Petal, Orchids Oh My! and Posy Pink nail polishes. <3

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

I bought Tulip Tango (a bright pinky coral creme) & Posy Pink (a medium carnation pink creme) from the Limited Edition Spring 2012 Collection. These are my first Maybelline polishes & definitely my last! The first thing I noticed was the brush - ugh, it is TERRIBLE!! It's too stiff or something, I couldn't apply the polish evenly, either using thin or thicker coats. Also, the formula applies super streaky with absolutely no self-leveling, so three coats at minimum is required for full coverage. Crappy brush + no self-leveling formula = recipe for disaster. I'm so bummed b/c Tulip Tango was the color I was hoping Essie Cute As A Button (a slightly reddish coral creme) would be, but I just can't get over the brush & formula. I'll be returning these to Rite-Aid for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Goldieloxx507

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this nail polish however it does have a couple cons. I have two colors and LOVE them both but of course they are limited edition. They do dry very quickly but i sometimes need 3 coats because they sometimes go on streaky, even when brand new but with a third coat and a top coat i can deal with it you also need to be careful to do thin coats if you want the advantage of fast dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own one of these polishes in onyx rush, which is just a regular black. It's very opaque, not goopy, and dries very quickly. One of my favorite polishes. I've used it quite a bit and it's not even half gone yet nor has it dried up and turned thick and gross like a lot of other polishes I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by StephanieTaverna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had extremely low hopes for this product but I was proven wrong! I only have one color (bubble pink), but I love it! It dries quickly. Better than any other nail polish I own right now. It's also a nice opaque color that lasts a decently long time. I was very impressed!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Lelloism

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It does dry fast, even when putting on 2 (thin) coats, which is necessary for nearly all of their colours. I didn't use this product for years because the first time I used it, the 'express finish'-formula appartantly was only valid for the first thin coat. They seemed to have solved that problem, the 40sec Acid Plum I bought last week dries quickly, even with 2 regular layers.

They have a variety of colours (pro!), which change frequently (so stock when you find a colour you love), aren't so expensive (I have to admit that any nailpolish over 2dollars seems expensive when Flormar is your HG), but the brush isn't great and they chip off on the first day if you don't use a topcoat, and with Sally H's topcoat I found it to chip on the 2nd day. no-chipping is an absolute must for me, so I'm not gonna buy it again unless I see an extremely appealing colour (must say, 310L acid plum is lovely). You can get better nailpolish for the same price (Loreal, Rimmel), or less (Flormar, Alix Avien).