October 2, 2014 | 1939 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - Nurtura moisturizer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by periwinkle92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I am convinced that this moisturizer in combination with my Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser has cured my scaly, itchy, flaky, dry skin.

A little back story: I used to have normal-combo oily skin since forever. All of a sudden back in Sept-October my skin because noticeably drier to the point where I had flakes on my face all day. No moisturizer would cure it even used twice to three times daily. Not even pure black castor oil on my face at night. I was devastated because my makeup would look absolutely HORRID with dry scaly skin underneath. I had remember that my mom used to use avon nurtura when I was growing up but I didnt because it was oily and made me breakout. I had lost all hope and decided to order and try it anyways.

It has been just about a month now and my skin has done a 180. Minimal to no flakes if I use twice a day at morning and night. My skin literally is soft as a babys bottom! I can wear makeup confidently as of a week ago when the flakes and scales literally stopped over night!

It you have dry itchy facial skin you must must must try!! The fragrance gave me a slight headache at first but now I am used to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by jlatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry, sensitive skin and this is one of my favourite moisturizers. It even clears up my acne. This moisturizer works immediately and gets rid of the feeling of tight, dry skin. I only need to use a tiny amount. It works so well I only need to put it on once a day.

Pros: not expensive and super moisturizing
Cons: has a fragrance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this moisturizer off and on for years and it makes my face feel wonderful. Good moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by AndreaMCA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good moisturizer if you have sensitive skin like mine. I can't use moisturizers with all kinds of ingrediants in them. It's nice and light and hydrates my skin without irritating it like most moisturizers do. I have oily skin and need a very light moisturizer and this one works great. It does have a slight faint smell to it but it's really not that bad. I use it at night and sometimes in the morning right after i wash my face and my skin is always so soft. I rather use this than most expensive moisturizers I have on hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by yandonova

This product has the worst smell ever, I wished I had read the reviews prior to buying. It was super cheap though, so maybe I can use as a hand cream if I can get used to the smell. It has great reviews on ma, so maybe it's a decent moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Last winter I was having a major dry skin episode, peelies and all. I tried several cheap DS cremes and none of them did a thing but make my peelies seem like I smeared them with grease. This was in the Avon book for $1.99 at the time so I figured I'd buy a couple and give it a try. Wow, this stuff is just plain amazing and my peelies disappeared overnight. This is now a staple for me and I use it everynight. It does have a floral scent that I could live without but I don't notice it anymore and it doesn't take away from the product at all. If you have dry skin, try this! You will be amazed like I was.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by maria411

I LOVE this moisturizer!! What can I say, it has transformed my skin. The texture is rich, but not too heavy, and feels light and dewy on my face. I put it on morning and night, and it really does give my skin a glow, and makes it firmer, and even plumped up a bit. Keeping my skin young looking is so important, as I want to always look healthy and glowing, and this, along with taking fish oil supplements, has worked wonders for my skin! I'm very pleased, and recommend this product=)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've gone through almost 4 tubs of this stuff and I absolutely LOVE it!

First, to address the general concerns: yes, it has a bit of a smell, but it doesn't smell perfumy to me. Just...like face cream or soap? I can't place it, but I don't find it at all unpleasant, maybe because I associate it with this product, which I adore. It's in a tub, which is not absolutely ideal for sanitation reasons, but I always use it RIGHT after getting out of the shower or washing my face, so my hands are always clean. It's a very thick, very moisturizing cream without SPF, so I'd only recommend it for night time and for ladies with dry or combination-leaning-dry skin. If your skin is oily, this is probably too much for you.

The big trick with this is to use it right after you've showered or washed your face and have just patted your face dry, so your skin is still supple. I use a nickle-sized amount all over my face, ears, neck, and chest; you could use half of that and get away with it, but I like a LOT of moisture, especially since I don't regularly use a day cream. This doesn't break me out or give me a sensitivity rash, unlike a lot of other rich moisturizers. It also leaves my skin feeling unbelievably soft, smooth, and radiant. Sometimes I use it on my elbows, hands, and feet, and because it's only $10 (and often on sale for $3-ish), I have no problems using a good-sized amount in a single sitting.

If you're new to this cream, use it nightly for a week--that's about how long it took for me to notice the dramatic difference. :) It certainly won't work for everyone, but for me, it's been a Godsend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Asheru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I found this product! I only use it on my face at night when I notice my other acne products are drying my skin. And then, due to the consistency I only use a little dab. A dab will do you, seriously. As another reviewer stated this is cream is excellent for any part of your body that needs some moisturizing love. I personally use it for my elbows and hands. Nothing has worked but this to hold the elbow crusties at bay. Superior quality product. Oh, and I like the smell just fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Soiuxee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Avon's Nurtura has been around a long time but I just got around to trying it. It was on sale so I figured what the heck. It has some good ingredients like grapeseed oil and sunflower oil, although it does have chemicals in it as well. The scent reminds me a little bit of my grandmother's makeup remover so that was a little off putting. It is really thick so you dont need a lot. I think this works really well in the winter as a night cream since it is heavy and leaves a bit of shine if you use it for a day cream. I would buy it again since it's inexpensive and great for all over dry skin.