November 26, 2014 | 1702 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Pink Opal

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by DNLPotter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pink Opal is the kind of pigment that is one of the most versatile in the MAC line.

I have used it for: eye shadow, highlighter, over blush, mixed with lip gloss / lip stick and have used it wet for some stunning effects (photo shoot).

If you want to own one MAC pigment go with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought a full-size of this after using up a small sample I had gotten in a swap. I love this as a highlight, as the duochrome finish adds a little extra pop that is nice with a neutral eye. I also like this for blending out other colours, as I find it helps to soften them. The consistency is perfect and, while I normally wouldn't spend this much ($25+tax) on a single pigment, there is a ton in the container, so it will last me a while, even with daily use, and I haven't been able to find a dupe for it, so I don't mind paying more for something unique.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by whitelace6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is frosted white with a warm, peachy-pink sheen. The third picture above depicts the definite peachy tone quite well. The texture is crumbly; I'd prefer it more fine. I had a lot of fallout and found it hard to blend, even trying 3 different brushes. Only okay as an under-brow highlighter, but not great on the corner of the eye due to the above. Tried it as a cheek highlighter but I'm disappointed once again with it not blending well. And more fallout. One purchase I wish I hadn't made. I want the 'wow' factor, and I expected better from MAC, especially for the price. Nothing special at all. Meh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

one of the most beautiful products i have ever seen,i can just swatch it on my hand and watch how sweet that duochrome color is.this is how these vibrant shades make me feel(sounds like a total makeup junkie).i use it mostly as a cheek highlighter and looks gorgeous on my fair skin.looks great with a matte back eyeshadow too.i dont like over-shimered highlighters,but these kind of stuff is really my thing.chic,not extreme and yet original.the only downfall is that i am not totally satisfied with the lasting power.i apply it wet but still needs reapply sometime.i 've heard that it is being discounted,i have used the half of the jar to this day(old bigger pigment jars),it its is reallygonne be disc., i am definetely buying a back up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

such a beautiful color.. i wore this today w/ milk pigment, swish e/s and a touch of lily white pigment & got a lot of compliments on it! i bought a small sample jar, but i think i'll be going through it very quickly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The duo chrome effect is so pretty and unique. I love to use this as a cheek highlight above pink blushes because it is so smooth and gives a great sheen. Also like to use this on the inner corner of my eyes with pink or purple eye shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by xandrabelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorite pigments. I love the duochrome pink shimmer though its not over the top. I use just a touch of this as a brow bone highlight and it's very subtle shine. Also works great as a pop near the tear duct. I bought this in the new sized jar. Hate the packaging because I'm so afraid of tipping the bottle over and spilling everything. And the cap doesn't seem to screw on as tightly as I'd like. Plus its only half the size of the OJ so I expect that if I use a lot of it, I'll eventually have to repurchase. But I'm very glad that this is a regular perm item.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by mezza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If i was to ever run out of this I deffo would buy again. Its the softest powder that looks creamy white with an intense pink duo-chrome. I love using this to blend out harsh edges on a smoky eye- it gives the most amazing glow to the look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Melony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pink Opal is a fine, vanilla coloured powder with an intense light pink duochrome. The coverage is good, it works great when applied wet but it's difficult to match with other eyeshadows because of the unusual duochrome colour. The only MAC pigments that I've found that compliment it well are Entremauve & Deep Blue Green. It looks very odd on its own, and tends to clash with my skin tone if I don't have a darker colour blended with it. So basically, it can be a good highlighting shade, but only if you're using other pigments with a similar duochrome.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Sweedalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Such a beautiful highlight color! The pink/purple duochrome also makes an awesome look over a black base. I only bought a sample, but I would definitely buy the full size! Get it!