MAC Pigment in Pink Opal

4.3

on 10/27/2013 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Pink Opal is the kind of pigment that is one of the most versatile in the MAC line.

I have used it for: eye shadow, highlighter, over blush, mixed with lip gloss / lip stick and have used it wet for some stunning effects (photo shoot).

If you want to own one MAC pigment go with this one.

on 8/8/2012 3:41:00 PM

I bought a full-size of this after using up a small sample I had gotten in a swap. I love this as a highlight, as the duochrome finish adds a little extra pop that is nice with a neutral eye. I also like this for blending out other colours, as I find it helps to soften them. The consistency is perfect and, while I normally wouldn't spend this much ($25+tax) on a single pigment, there is a ton in the container, so it will last me a while, even with daily use, and I haven't been able to find a dupe for it, so I don't mind paying more for something unique.

on 6/14/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is frosted white with a warm, peachy-pink sheen. The third picture above depicts the definite peachy tone quite well. The texture is crumbly; I'd prefer it more fine. I had a lot of fallout and found it hard to blend, even trying 3 different brushes. Only okay as an under-brow highlighter, but not great on the corner of the eye due to the above. Tried it as a cheek highlighter but I'm disappointed once again with it not blending well. And more fallout. One purchase I wish I hadn't made. I want the 'wow' factor, and I expected better from MAC, especially for the price. Nothing special at all. Meh.

on 11/14/2010 12:05:00 PM

one of the most beautiful products i have ever seen,i can just swatch it on my hand and watch how sweet that duochrome color is.this is how these vibrant shades make me feel(sounds like a total makeup junkie).i use it mostly as a cheek highlighter and looks gorgeous on my fair skin.looks great with a matte back eyeshadow too.i dont like over-shimered highlighters,but these kind of stuff is really my thing.chic,not extreme and yet original.the only downfall is that i am not totally satisfied with the lasting power.i apply it wet but still needs reapply sometime.i 've heard that it is being discounted,i have used the half of the jar to this day(old bigger pigment jars),it its is reallygonne be disc., i am definetely buying a back up

on 10/21/2010 6:38:00 PM

such a beautiful color.. i wore this today w/ milk pigment, swish e/s and a touch of lily white pigment & got a lot of compliments on it! i bought a small sample jar, but i think i'll be going through it very quickly!

on 7/30/2010 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The duo chrome effect is so pretty and unique. I love to use this as a cheek highlight above pink blushes because it is so smooth and gives a great sheen. Also like to use this on the inner corner of my eyes with pink or purple eye shadows.

on 6/10/2010 8:23:00 AM

This is one of my favorite pigments. I love the duochrome pink shimmer though its not over the top. I use just a touch of this as a brow bone highlight and it's very subtle shine. Also works great as a pop near the tear duct. I bought this in the new sized jar. Hate the packaging because I'm so afraid of tipping the bottle over and spilling everything. And the cap doesn't seem to screw on as tightly as I'd like. Plus its only half the size of the OJ so I expect that if I use a lot of it, I'll eventually have to repurchase. But I'm very glad that this is a regular perm item.

on 5/31/2010 9:04:00 AM

If i was to ever run out of this I deffo would buy again. Its the softest powder that looks creamy white with an intense pink duo-chrome. I love using this to blend out harsh edges on a smoky eye- it gives the most amazing glow to the look.

on 2/28/2010 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Pink Opal is a fine, vanilla coloured powder with an intense light pink duochrome. The coverage is good, it works great when applied wet but it's difficult to match with other eyeshadows because of the unusual duochrome colour. The only MAC pigments that I've found that compliment it well are Entremauve & Deep Blue Green. It looks very odd on its own, and tends to clash with my skin tone if I don't have a darker colour blended with it. So basically, it can be a good highlighting shade, but only if you're using other pigments with a similar duochrome.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Such a beautiful highlight color! The pink/purple duochrome also makes an awesome look over a black base. I only bought a sample, but I would definitely buy the full size! Get it!