October 25, 2014 | 1744 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Amber Romance EDT

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Ellieenri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Once upon time in Christmas 2009, I received this as present and instantly fell in love with it. The sweet caramel, light powdery smell, and vanilla blends pleasantly. It's Very comforting to me and it's like falling in love all over again. 💕
I'm just so sad that it does not last long!
It's not that offensive and I wear it night or day. The name is perfect because it is romantic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cream an powdered sugar with a faint fruity tang.

Amber Romance is not a complicated scent. But I got it because I wanted something soft and fuzzy and comforting, like olfactory cashmere PJs. It's sexy in an understated and accessible way. Very much prefer the EDT to the body splash because besides lasting longer, it's creamier and softer. The price-point is good as well.

I didn't expect to find myself wearing it to the office quite so often, but catching a soft whiff of this once in awhile is very calming on stressful days, and it's got just enough of a velvety dessert-like feel to keep me happy without being too obnoxiously food-like for anyone else.

Be warned if you don't like powdery musk; you might not like this. Pity! I personally find it a good note to include because it balances out the sweet notes without detracting from the creaminess and warmth, and stops everything from becoming just another plate of sticky melted mush.

Kinda wish it came in larger sizes, but the slim 30ml bottle is quite portable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by stormm

Amazing perfume, great lasting power and smells divine. It's a warm, sweet smell without being overwhelming. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

I don't think this is a bad scent. I love this scent when I first try it on my wirst. It's sweet,vanilla, woody, powdery, soft spicy, and balmy. I usually do not like the balmy smell because they generally smell like deceased human embalming chemicals during funeral viewing time. But In Amber Romance VS don't use too much of it like they used for the fragrant Rapture. this does have a little more mature smell, less fruity, more rich, fatty,creamy smell. On me, it's extremely long lasting. I think the fragrant is very well blended. However, for my personal taste, I find it kind of give me a head ache after a while. Many reviewers on this forum also said the same thing. It's a warm alluring scent of black cherry, crème anglaise, vanilla and sandalwood. For those that do not like the fatty smell, I wouldn't recommend it for it may cause nausea. I think it smells nice, but several small children told me it stinks when I asked them what they thought of the scent. I thought it smelled good but it may be too much for the hotter season. Maybe in cold weather, it may not be too overwhelming. I was going to buy it decided against it when other people told me it doesn't smell good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

They were having a 6 for $30 sale at Victoria's Secret. I bought 3 for myself and 3 for my sister. I randomly grabbed 3 of these and this was one. Over all I really like the smell. As someone else said, it's sort of a musky vanilla (no wonder why I like it! I love vanilla scents!). I personally like earthy smells too so the sandalwood in this doesn't bother me and I really like it. I think that's what people are smelling and disliking. Over all this is a good one. I'll come back and review it to see how long it truly lasts (which changes my opinion drastically on a product).
Edit: I'm taking this down from a 5 to a 4 (& a "no" for re-buying). This lasts maybe 2-3hrs on me. Kinda disappointed VS.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by madhatter13

I was running out of my Vanilla Lace when I found this scent. The store I went on buying also doesn't have the Vanilla Lace so I was forced to buy this. First try, it smelled like Vanilla Lace only softer plus it didn't last long.I won't repurchase again

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:51:00 AM More reviews by cthour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Im not very fond of this product. When i used it for the first few times I kinda love it but the 3rd time onwards, i got really sick of the smell. Ive no idea why. I sprayed this perfume in reasonable amounts and a few hours later i puked coz i cant stand the smell. I literally puked coz i cant stand it! A little bit of of the perfume still smell so strong and overpowering!

I dont know why after that incident i began to hate the product and have to give it away. I think the main problem is the climate of my country - hot and humid most of the time. That's what contributed to the strong unpleasant smell coming out from the perfume. I think this perfume is best for use during winter coz u'll feel very cozy and nice when u wear it when the temperature around is cold. But if its hot and sunny, dont ever wear it coz it wont smell nice but instead will make u naseous.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by falovalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I knew I wanted this when I smelled it on my boyfriend's cousin. It's so soft and comfortable while being shyly sexy. It's not an in-your-face amber scent, it's subtle and if I hadn't known better, I wouldn't have guessed that amber was in this. I get some vanilla and maybe cherry? Anyway, I got lucky and got it in a swap and couldn't be happier.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Kyliesmom5

Not much to say about this except.... yuck. It was so strong I couldnt get the scent off of me after 2 showers. Never ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Alleyhen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After loving B & BW's Sensuous Amber line on my friend, I ran out and bought it... and promptly bagged it all up and gave it to her a few days later. It was harsh and stale on me after the drydown. Even Walmart's Rich Amber Jewel was much nicer! But it got that chemical-stale way after a while too.

All that said, I was certainly not in the market for an amber fragrance when I discovered VS Amber Romance. I sprayed some on just out of curiosity and shopped the new lines of fragrance. Couldn't stop smelling my wrist where I'd spritzed on the AR. Mmmm...what a beautifully balanced sweet/powdery/feminine/warm mix! No artificial undertones, almost a vanilla + sugar + some beautifully unique floral essence. No detectable amber that I could i.d.(good after my previous disappointments with amber scents!) And it dries down to all that plus a sweet cotton type of fragrance on my skin. I seem to be able to spray on alot and it stays wonderfully soft and intoxicating-never overbearing or "too much". I'll report back after I've worn it out into the world beyond my home borders (fiance has clogged sinuses presently, so no opinions beyond mine yet!) NEXT DAY: My high school students said "Mmmmm" when I spritzed some on right in class, even the pickiest, critical divas. Many asked "What is that?" "Where'd you get it?" One boy said I smelled like cinammon sugar--Cinammon! That's the mystery note I couldn't nail down in the mix of warm vanilla + __.