September 3, 2014 | 1381 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser II

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by seh075

classic product that i always come back to for many years. i ADORE it and if its ever discontinued i'll suicide.

i always can tell a difference in my skin when i use this stuff. it gets all the dead skin off (i use tazorac so i get a lot of flakes) and leaves me with a really healthy glow.

as other reviewers have stated, you put this on dry skin and let it sit until you feel the sting. then wipe off gently with a damp face cloth. i generally only use at night in the shower.

i have combo pasty sensitive skin with a history of acne and this stuff works better for me than cetaphil and other gentle products out there.

please baby jesus, never let md forte discontinue my beloved cleanser...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I skipped over using the facial wash I and went to level II. I apply over dry skin and leave on for about 2-3 minutes and rinse. It does sting at first, but goes away when rinsed off. I love how this makes my skin feel soft and evens out my skin tone. Some people may say, glycolic cleansers are a waste of money, but those same people are clueless to skincare and its effects. Glycolic cleansers are recommended to remove or release dead skin cells. This also stimulates collagen reproduction. Great stuff!

ETA: slight change to my review, my derm said this was too drying for my skin. switched to a different brand of wash, but a glycolic wash was still a recommendation of theirs.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Sarz_1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I hope MD Forte never discontinue nor change this product. This has been my HG cleanser for so many years, and I can't believe I am only now getting around to reviewing it.

I developed acne in my early 20's and feel like I tried every specific acne treatment I could get my hands on. Even now I will spot a new product and give it a try, but ultimately end up coming back to the MD Forte II cleanser.

This is a smooth soap free liquid, which you only need a tiny amount to massage into your face and neck. I apply this to a dry face (after removing my make up), massage it in for a few minutes and then rinse off. Originally I used this am and pm, but now only use this as my night time cleanser.

My only regret is I didn't discover this from the beginning of my battle with acne.

I have combination skin which is quite reactive when certain products aren't suited to it. I never had any adverse reaction to this product.

I totally recommend this to anyone who is having problems with cystic acne, blemishes, or blackheads. If you aren't used to glycolic products this may sting a little at first but as your skin gets used to it you won't notice it. If you want you can build up to the MD Forte II cleanser by starting on the MD Forte I cleanser. Make sure you moisturise after use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by tapasnut

My skin responds well to AHAs and this is a great basic AHA wash. I used 3-4x per week along with an AHA lotion and the results have been great. I like that MD Forte offeres different levels of glycolic compound, so you can find the right balance for more sensitive skin or skin that needs more exfoliation. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging (a pump and a sleeker bottle would be nice), but I'm far more interested in the results from the product--which are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by actionwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep coming back to this cleanser. I started out with level I, and even though my skin is pretty sensitive, this doesn't bother it besides slightly stinging. It definitely helps my dry skin turn over faster, resulting in less flakes - they come right off. I am also using Sage Smoothing Cream (12%) at night and spf 30 during the day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by eefie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am used to applying BHA at night for my acne prone skin. Since that didn't cleared my skin up enough, I switched to AHA to see if that would work better. I had high hopes for this one, since the good reviews on MUA. My skin is used to daily 2% BHA, so I started with the II-cleanser right away. I use it twice a day, morning and evening. In the evening I apply it on my face and wait a minute or two, than wash it off. After half a minute it really stings, so now I am diminishing the time I keep it on my face, otherwise it is too irritating. After I wash it off, my face is smooth and soft, but a bit irritated, so I apply a light moisturizer over it.
In the morning I wash my face with the cleanser and my Clarisonic. Afterwards I apply the level II lotion from MD Forte.
In the beginning I thought I saw a little improvement on my blemishes, but now, after three weeks of continuous use, it did not make my skin clearer, nor does it prevent new blemishes. In fact, I believe I have more blemishes now than when I started.
Since I had to order it from the US (I live in Europe, where they don't sell MD Forte), I paid heavy shipping costs $15, in addition to the original price of $28. In total this product is really not worth my money. Maybe it needs more time before I can give a final opinion, but since it was that expensive, I am finishing the bottle (which is quite cheap looking for this price) and leave it with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Clau82

I like this product. It does not remove any make up, smells funny and is expensive but if definitely improved my acne. However, after 2 months of using it, I think my skin has gotten used to it and I might have to upgrade to the cleanser III

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Stephhy

I started using this cleanser about a month ago and for the first week or so I starting seeing amazing results. Pores were smaller, pimples were fading. I wasn't 100% clear but it was definitely improving. BUT then my face started breaking out and hasn't gotten better since. When using the cleanser now it doesn't feel like it's doing anything. I'm not sure if I'm using it right or if I should upgrade to Cleanser III.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by keitachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

recently, my skin started popping out pimples due to hormones, etc... and after i had read the reviews here, i decided to continue faithfully on using the md forte facial cleanser 2. it's been a week plus after using it, amazingly, my pores are smaller and cleaner looking, the pimples have either subsided or purged out more leaving barely a scar. i did try to use it both am and pm but it was too much for my skin. it became sensitized. thus now i used it only at night after removing my sunscreen with another cleanser. then i leave it on my dry face for 2 mins top. try it, it does make a difference.

Update: over the next few weeks, it clogged my pores and i got new pimples all over my face. I stopped using it and it took a while to get my skin free of active pimples. It was a nightmare.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HOLY COW!! This is my third day using this cleanser and my skin in looking like it did when I was 15 (I'm 20 now) I had a very bad break out last week, my skin had lots of dark spots, pimples, 3 cysts and TRUST ME it didn't look good.

I am not even kidding if I say that today I've been staring at my self all day long, admiring my skin. My pores are like gone =O

My skin is looking AMAZING, just like it did a few years ago. How can a cleanser make such a big difference?? I have no idea...... and it's not expensive at all!! I've tried high end brands like La Mer, Sisley, La Prairie, ETC ETC and NOTHING worked for me, this cleanser is one of the most fascinating discoveries I've EVER come across. I have to admit I truly CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

It gets a lot to get my excited in the skin care industry...... THIS TOTALLY DID (In case u are wondering, I leave it on for 5 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night and yes!! Sun Screen is a must when using this cleanser)

UPDATE: I wouldn't recommend using this morning and night 5-10 minutes, ONLY at night, I did it am and pm and my skin got red and irritated, since it's not used to glycolic acid, but it's AMAZING I'll definitely keep using it at night, My super sensitive skin can handle it only at night but I love the results