OPI Nail Envy - Sensitive & Peeling

2.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, SD Alcohol 40-B, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Acrylates Copolymer, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Proten, CI 60725 (Violet 2)

on 4/10/2015 6:30:00 PM

I had used the OPI original nail envy and expected this peeling version to be better. Unfortunately this version only made my nails worse! Before I started using this a few of my nails were peeling but after using for a month I could see more of my nails were peeling and they were all weak and short. I've now switched to Sally Hansen's strengthener and my nails are growing out strong and no more peeling!! Sorry OPI you need to change this formula.

on 1/30/2015 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'll start off by saying that i am a fan of the OPI Nail Envy Original.. My nails are pretty strong and healthy but because of the work i do and the fact that i paint my nails almost every day, they tend to peel on me once they get to be a nice length. a crack or peel is usually caused by something that happened at work (jamming my hand into something and causing the nail to bend, or exposure to strong chemicals like alcohol and acetone). i work in an industrial environment.
that being said, i felt like the original nail envy did a fairly good job of keeping my nails strong and helping them to last longer. i used it as a base coat every day. once i ran out of that bottle, i was hesitant to buy another just because of the super high price tag (like $15!) so i resorted to other base coats for a few weeks.. the result was that my nails immediately started peeling and breaking once they grew out. very frustrating!
so i sucked it up and bought another bottle of Nail Envy.. this time i got the 'sensitive and peeling' variety with the orange letters on the bottle. i've been using it as a base coat every day for the last couple months and the results speak for themselves. i feel like this formulation works even better than the original nail envy on my nails and i like the fact that it dries super fast and works well as a base coat under any polish. this definitely helps reduce peeling and breaking, allowing the nails to grow out and last longer despite the harsh conditions i put them through! it's not a miracle cure, and the price is absolutely ridiculous.. but it works well enough for me that i will purchase it again. i think that someone who didn't work in a factory would have even better results with this treatment. it is quite pricey, but it's worth a try.

on 10/23/2014 7:36:00 PM

Wow, I'm really surprised this product hasn't got better reviews. It goes to show what works for one won't work for another.

I'd had gels for months and am terrible for picking them off instead of getting them soaked off properly, so I'd done a lot of damage to my natural nails. I've also started dabbling in making my own cold processed soap, and am guilty of not always wearing gloves so my nails have taken a beating lately! Anyway my favourite ebay seller had this listed in his store at a reasonable price and what I order usually arrives the very next day so it was too convenient not to try - and I'm so glad I did.

I followed the instructions to the t - 2 coats on day 1, nothing on day 2, 1 more coat on day 3, nothing day 4, 1 more coat day 5, nothing day 6, remove and reapply on day 7 and within 10 days my nails looked and felt a lot better. They're not long yet of course, but they're a lot less fragile.

I have also started wearing gloves in the kitchen and for cleaning and when I sit and watch a movie at home I soak my fingertips in a warm bowl of olive oil, and on the 7th day I gave my nails a light buff to remove the ridges so in combination it's all helping but overall I think it mostly comes down to the Nail Envy. PS this is for the sensitive and peeling version (orange writing on bottle).

It has quite a strong nail polish smell so I didn't think it would be suitable for sensitive nails, but there you go....it is! I've tried Herome before and my fingertips were so sore I couldn't even type - strange.

If you find this at a good price it's worth a go, despite a few negative reviews :)

on 8/27/2014 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After I removed acrylics, my nails were in truly awful shape. They were flaking off in chunks and very painful to the touch. I picked this up, desperate for some relief... but it wasn't instant. After using Nail Envy S&P for a couple, months my nails did heal. It added a bit of strength and protection, but I'm not certain whether it was any better than using some ordinary topcoat. I'm not willing to get acrylics again to test. (Yeesh, they hurt!) Also, it smells like that no-bite stuff you put on your fingernails as a kid... kinda peppery or something. I'm still using it, but I won't repurchase it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have pretty healthy nails. Recently they were peeling at the corners and then breaking off leaving me with oddly shaped nails. I decided to try this out since it said it was for peeling nails. It did help with the peeling. Also when I'm wearing this nail treatment my nails look whiter and brighter and super shiny. I don't use it often. Just here and there when I'm giving my nails a break from nail polish.

on 8/16/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Right.

I heard so many good things about the Original formula, that I thought Id try the Sensitive stuff because my nails were looking a bit sad and weak.

It does absolutely nothing. NOTHING. Its a placebo, you might as well buy a cheapo bottle of Wet n' Wild clear coat and pretend its the same thing because it does just about as much.

Also, its really super expensive for what it is, I paid about 10 for my bottle; thats about $17 for those in the US, and its not like theres even anything like maybe more product, its just the standard 15ml bottle....except its a 15ml bottle of overpriced wanna-be protectant. I could have used that money on something Id actually use and enjoy.

Swapping it off.

on 7/16/2014 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never had an allergic reaction to any kind of nail polish before, so I was quite surprised when red itchy blotches appeared on my hands, elbows and knees immediately upon applying OPI Nail Envy - Sensitive & Peeling. My symptoms disappeared within half an hour of removal. Disappointed, I had to return the product, and luckily got a refund despite the fact that it had been on sale. A quick google search didn't bring up any testimonials of similar reactions among users, and I'm still able to use regular OPI polishes and even products with far more aggressive ingredients than this one. A mystery!

on 6/21/2014 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

I like this product, but ONE coat only.

Works well as a base coat, or used alone for me. If I go on vacation, i just use this so I don't have to re-do my nails in the middle of it. On me, it lasts about 4 days. Again, I only use one coat. My middle and ring fingers used to peel, but I don't see it happening anymore. Hard to say if this product is the reason for that. I also use oils before putting it or any other polish on.

on 5/30/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am a big fan of OPI nail polished and have read great reviews of the original Nail Envy and thought the formaldehyde-free formal could only be better. It was a huge disappointment and waste of money. It did not make my nails improve or stop peeling...it made them worse. Usually, my manicures last for a good 4 days (I add a layer of my top coat every night as I work in a shop and the polish chips immediately otherwise) but while using this as a base coat, my nail polish peeled off - completely. I was having to redo my nails constantly. And my nails began peeling even more than before I started using this product to stop them peeling.

on 10/23/2013 5:18:00 AM

I agree with a lot of the previous reviewers, I expected better from OPI.

1. It peels off easily- often in big chunks and yes I've had the crackled effect that other reviewers have described.
2. The product left in the bottle thickens up really quickly and after the first few applications becomes difficult to apply.
3. It's expensive
4. It doesn't work, my nails are still peeling, with the nail varnish attached!

There must be a better product out there, don't waste your money.

Popular Treatments