December 22, 2014 | 1807 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Sensitive & Peeling

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, I'm really surprised this product hasn't got better reviews. It goes to show what works for one won't work for another.

I'd had gels for months and am terrible for picking them off instead of getting them soaked off properly, so I'd done a lot of damage to my natural nails. I've also started dabbling in making my own cold processed soap, and am guilty of not always wearing gloves so my nails have taken a beating lately! Anyway my favourite ebay seller had this listed in his store at a reasonable price and what I order usually arrives the very next day so it was too convenient not to try - and I'm so glad I did.

I followed the instructions to the t - 2 coats on day 1, nothing on day 2, 1 more coat on day 3, nothing day 4, 1 more coat day 5, nothing day 6, remove and reapply on day 7 and within 10 days my nails looked and felt a lot better. They're not long yet of course, but they're a lot less fragile.

I have also started wearing gloves in the kitchen and for cleaning and when I sit and watch a movie at home I soak my fingertips in a warm bowl of olive oil, and on the 7th day I gave my nails a light buff to remove the ridges so in combination it's all helping but overall I think it mostly comes down to the Nail Envy. PS this is for the sensitive and peeling version (orange writing on bottle).

It has quite a strong nail polish smell so I didn't think it would be suitable for sensitive nails, but there you go....it is! I've tried Herome before and my fingertips were so sore I couldn't even type - strange.

If you find this at a good price it's worth a go, despite a few negative reviews :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by sodapoprocks

After I removed acrylics, my nails were in truly awful shape. They were flaking off in chunks and very painful to the touch. I picked this up, desperate for some relief... but it wasn't instant. After using Nail Envy S&P for a couple, months my nails did heal. It added a bit of strength and protection, but I'm not certain whether it was any better than using some ordinary topcoat. I'm not willing to get acrylics again to test. (Yeesh, they hurt!) Also, it smells like that no-bite stuff you put on your fingernails as a kid... kinda peppery or something. I'm still using it, but I won't repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have pretty healthy nails. Recently they were peeling at the corners and then breaking off leaving me with oddly shaped nails. I decided to try this out since it said it was for peeling nails. It did help with the peeling. Also when I'm wearing this nail treatment my nails look whiter and brighter and super shiny. I don't use it often. Just here and there when I'm giving my nails a break from nail polish.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Right.

I heard so many good things about the Original formula, that I thought Id try the Sensitive stuff because my nails were looking a bit sad and weak.

It does absolutely nothing. NOTHING. Its a placebo, you might as well buy a cheapo bottle of Wet n' Wild clear coat and pretend its the same thing because it does just about as much.

Also, its really super expensive for what it is, I paid about 10 for my bottle; thats about $17 for those in the US, and its not like theres even anything like maybe more product, its just the standard 15ml bottle....except its a 15ml bottle of overpriced wanna-be protectant. I could have used that money on something Id actually use and enjoy.

Swapping it off.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by suyumbike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never had an allergic reaction to any kind of nail polish before, so I was quite surprised when red itchy blotches appeared on my hands, elbows and knees immediately upon applying OPI Nail Envy - Sensitive & Peeling. My symptoms disappeared within half an hour of removal. Disappointed, I had to return the product, and luckily got a refund despite the fact that it had been on sale. A quick google search didn't bring up any testimonials of similar reactions among users, and I'm still able to use regular OPI polishes and even products with far more aggressive ingredients than this one. A mystery!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LilShortie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but ONE coat only.

Works well as a base coat, or used alone for me. If I go on vacation, i just use this so I don't have to re-do my nails in the middle of it. On me, it lasts about 4 days. Again, I only use one coat. My middle and ring fingers used to peel, but I don't see it happening anymore. Hard to say if this product is the reason for that. I also use oils before putting it or any other polish on.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Eahreynolds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of OPI nail polished and have read great reviews of the original Nail Envy and thought the formaldehyde-free formal could only be better. It was a huge disappointment and waste of money. It did not make my nails improve or stop peeling...it made them worse. Usually, my manicures last for a good 4 days (I add a layer of my top coat every night as I work in a shop and the polish chips immediately otherwise) but while using this as a base coat, my nail polish peeled off - completely. I was having to redo my nails constantly. And my nails began peeling even more than before I started using this product to stop them peeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by SJP1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with a lot of the previous reviewers, I expected better from OPI.

1. It peels off easily- often in big chunks and yes I've had the crackled effect that other reviewers have described.
2. The product left in the bottle thickens up really quickly and after the first few applications becomes difficult to apply.
3. It's expensive
4. It doesn't work, my nails are still peeling, with the nail varnish attached!

There must be a better product out there, don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So I bought this nail strengthener because I had heard great things about the OPI Nail Envy line, and I wanted to make sure that I bought the right formula for my type of nails. Although I didn't have the extremely negative experience that many others have had, I don't think this is amazing either. I will continue to try other nail strengtheners after I finish this.

PROS
*Stays on and shiny for days
*Decent base coat for other nail polish
*Helps my nails not peel

CONS
*Expensive
*Although it helps keep my nails from peeling, if my nail does get nicked, this doesn't help it.
*No great nail transformations while using this for quite a while, so I will continue to search for a better nail strengthener.

UPDATE
I have about 70% left of the product and it has become thick and goopy. Now I have to add thinner to it, which is ridiculous when I have not even used that much of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Poisonous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think this product does combact against peeling, and it's always good to have a formaldehyde-free nail polish. However, three major drawbacks.
1. really hard to remove. Normally I remove it after 3 coats, and I could never get my nails completely clean for some reason.
2. sometimes whole sections of this will lift off, and when I tried to peel the bits off, it damages my nail underneath, leaving white lines behind and I have to use a nail file, which in turn weakens my nails
3. I have about 1/3 of a bottle left, and the consistency of the polish has thickend so much, every time I pull the brush out, strings form at the tip. It's now impossible to get a smooth finish
bottom line, won't purchase again and throwing out the remaining polish