July 31, 2014 | 1772 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Sensitive & Peeling

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by suyumbike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never had an allergic reaction to any kind of nail polish before, so I was quite surprised when red itchy blotches appeared on my hands, elbows and knees immediately upon applying OPI Nail Envy - Sensitive & Peeling. My symptoms disappeared within half an hour of removal. Disappointed, I had to return the product, and luckily got a refund despite the fact that it had been on sale. A quick google search didn't bring up any testimonials of similar reactions among users, and I'm still able to use regular OPI polishes and even products with far more aggressive ingredients than this one. A mystery!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LilShortie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but ONE coat only.

Works well as a base coat, or used alone for me. If I go on vacation, i just use this so I don't have to re-do my nails in the middle of it. On me, it lasts about 4 days. Again, I only use one coat. My middle and ring fingers used to peel, but I don't see it happening anymore. Hard to say if this product is the reason for that. I also use oils before putting it or any other polish on.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Eahreynolds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of OPI nail polished and have read great reviews of the original Nail Envy and thought the formaldehyde-free formal could only be better. It was a huge disappointment and waste of money. It did not make my nails improve or stop peeling...it made them worse. Usually, my manicures last for a good 4 days (I add a layer of my top coat every night as I work in a shop and the polish chips immediately otherwise) but while using this as a base coat, my nail polish peeled off - completely. I was having to redo my nails constantly. And my nails began peeling even more than before I started using this product to stop them peeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by SJP1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with a lot of the previous reviewers, I expected better from OPI.

1. It peels off easily- often in big chunks and yes I've had the crackled effect that other reviewers have described.
2. The product left in the bottle thickens up really quickly and after the first few applications becomes difficult to apply.
3. It's expensive
4. It doesn't work, my nails are still peeling, with the nail varnish attached!

There must be a better product out there, don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So I bought this nail strengthener because I had heard great things about the OPI Nail Envy line, and I wanted to make sure that I bought the right formula for my type of nails. Although I didn't have the extremely negative experience that many others have had, I don't think this is amazing either. I will continue to try other nail strengtheners after I finish this.

PROS
*Stays on and shiny for days
*Decent base coat for other nail polish
*Helps my nails not peel

CONS
*Expensive
*Although it helps keep my nails from peeling, if my nail does get nicked, this doesn't help it.
*No great nail transformations while using this for quite a while, so I will continue to search for a better nail strengthener.

UPDATE
I have about 70% left of the product and it has become thick and goopy. Now I have to add thinner to it, which is ridiculous when I have not even used that much of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Poisonous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think this product does combact against peeling, and it's always good to have a formaldehyde-free nail polish. However, three major drawbacks.
1. really hard to remove. Normally I remove it after 3 coats, and I could never get my nails completely clean for some reason.
2. sometimes whole sections of this will lift off, and when I tried to peel the bits off, it damages my nail underneath, leaving white lines behind and I have to use a nail file, which in turn weakens my nails
3. I have about 1/3 of a bottle left, and the consistency of the polish has thickend so much, every time I pull the brush out, strings form at the tip. It's now impossible to get a smooth finish
bottom line, won't purchase again and throwing out the remaining polish

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by daisyduke30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This made my nails worse, one of them peeled so low, below my nail bed, it still hurts. I think they are growing slower than usual. Still I am reluctant to give up on this just yet. It was so expensive and I threw away the packageing because I was so sure that at 16$ this would work. I don't know what to really think right now but I will keep you posted.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by katyren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had really weak and peeling nails so decided to try this strengthener, unfortunately it actually made my nails worse. The product would chip/peel off within a few hours and bits of my actual nail would come off with it. After using about 1/3 of it the remaining product really thickened up and by the time 1/3 was left it basically couldn't be used. Also I found it to be really stringy and messy. All in all this is way to expensive and does the opposite of what it is meant to do!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lostgirl2325

I have been using OPI products for a long time but this stuff is awful. I have sensitive nails that tend to peel and thought I'd try this but I truly think it made my nails WORSE! I'm hoping I'll be able to return it but if not, I'll throw it away before I use it anymore and waste the $12 or however much it was :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by nailbee

I bought this instead of the Original Nail Envy. What a mistake! I used the original for about 2 years and it seriously transformed my nails. When I started using this instead my nails began to get really unhealthy and dry. Also when I put a colour on top it was so bubbly! After using the product for a week it began to get stringy and impossible to apply- there were strings of it everywhere and the texture was so uneven.

Very disappointing, especially since the original is such a great product! Don't buy this. A waste of 18.