April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Sensitive & Peeling

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by SJP1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with a lot of the previous reviewers, I expected better from OPI.

1. It peels off easily- often in big chunks and yes I've had the crackled effect that other reviewers have described.
2. The product left in the bottle thickens up really quickly and after the first few applications becomes difficult to apply.
3. It's expensive
4. It doesn't work, my nails are still peeling, with the nail varnish attached!

There must be a better product out there, don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So I bought this nail strengthener because I had heard great things about the OPI Nail Envy line, and I wanted to make sure that I bought the right formula for my type of nails. Although I didn't have the extremely negative experience that many others have had, I don't think this is amazing either. I will continue to try other nail strengtheners after I finish this.

PROS
*Stays on and shiny for days
*Decent base coat for other nail polish
*Helps my nails not peel

CONS
*Expensive
*Although it helps keep my nails from peeling, if my nail does get nicked, this doesn't help it.
*No great nail transformations while using this for quite a while, so I will continue to search for a better nail strengthener.

UPDATE
I have about 70% left of the product and it has become thick and goopy. Now I have to add thinner to it, which is ridiculous when I have not even used that much of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Poisonous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think this product does combact against peeling, and it's always good to have a formaldehyde-free nail polish. However, three major drawbacks.
1. really hard to remove. Normally I remove it after 3 coats, and I could never get my nails completely clean for some reason.
2. sometimes whole sections of this will lift off, and when I tried to peel the bits off, it damages my nail underneath, leaving white lines behind and I have to use a nail file, which in turn weakens my nails
3. I have about 1/3 of a bottle left, and the consistency of the polish has thickend so much, every time I pull the brush out, strings form at the tip. It's now impossible to get a smooth finish
bottom line, won't purchase again and throwing out the remaining polish

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by daisyduke30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This made my nails worse, one of them peeled so low, below my nail bed, it still hurts. I think they are growing slower than usual. Still I am reluctant to give up on this just yet. It was so expensive and I threw away the packageing because I was so sure that at 16$ this would work. I don't know what to really think right now but I will keep you posted.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by katyren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had really weak and peeling nails so decided to try this strengthener, unfortunately it actually made my nails worse. The product would chip/peel off within a few hours and bits of my actual nail would come off with it. After using about 1/3 of it the remaining product really thickened up and by the time 1/3 was left it basically couldn't be used. Also I found it to be really stringy and messy. All in all this is way to expensive and does the opposite of what it is meant to do!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lostgirl2325

I have been using OPI products for a long time but this stuff is awful. I have sensitive nails that tend to peel and thought I'd try this but I truly think it made my nails WORSE! I'm hoping I'll be able to return it but if not, I'll throw it away before I use it anymore and waste the $12 or however much it was :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by nailbee

I bought this instead of the Original Nail Envy. What a mistake! I used the original for about 2 years and it seriously transformed my nails. When I started using this instead my nails began to get really unhealthy and dry. Also when I put a colour on top it was so bubbly! After using the product for a week it began to get stringy and impossible to apply- there were strings of it everywhere and the texture was so uneven.

Very disappointing, especially since the original is such a great product! Don't buy this. A waste of 18.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by laurista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I stole this from my mom, so I didn't feel the sting of wasting my money. I do have some nail peeling issues, but nothing that keeps me up at night. It has made zero impact on my nails, good or bad. I use it as a shinifier polish for when I'm not feeling colorful and it does a bang up job of that, so it gets a higher-than-average rating from me. If you get it for free or can put it on at a friends, try it out. Otherwise just use your top coat and moisturize.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Little2Sister

So, so bad.
I bought this product obviously because my nails had become really weak and were peeling. I made a spur of the minute change from getting the original nail envy as I thought this might be better.
Very bad decision. The first thing I noticed was that the stuff would chip off after only a few hours. I seriously couldn't get through a whole day with it intact. It would also develop this 'crackled' look which meant I couldn't just paint another layer over the top but had to take it off and re-do, which kind of defeats the point of this kind of nail treatment.
After about 4-5 days of persevering with it I had to stop as my nails were developing a yellow tinge and wear peeling even more than before.
It's been about 2 months since I stopped using it and I can still see the yellow stain growing out slowly so I don't think its going to fade.
I really, really don't recommend buying this product. Don't let it go any were near your nails!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by mena86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After 2 months of application, I have found that this has somewhat improved my peeling nail situation. The tips are not as peely but I'm not sure if that's just due to the nail regrowth, as I started using rubber gloves for housework and washing up etc around 6 months ago when I noticed my nails were suffering. Maybe this product provided a boost or maybe my nails were improving anyway.

I have used just under a quarter of the bottle and the contents have thickened up a lot. When I try to apply now, the product is stringy and full of bubbles as it has thickened up so much. At the moment it is just about usable but it feels like the rest is going to be wasted as it probably wont be long before this gets too thick to apply at all.

I wouldnt recommend this and I wouldnt buy it again. I'm quite disappointed that a product by OPI could be such a let down.