October 23, 2014 | 1741 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Sensitive & Peeling

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by sodapoprocks

After I removed acrylics, my nails were in truly awful shape. They were flaking off in chunks and very painful to the touch. I picked this up, desperate for some relief... but it wasn't instant. After using Nail Envy S&P for a couple, months my nails did heal. It added a bit of strength and protection, but I'm not certain whether it was any better than using some ordinary topcoat. I'm not willing to get acrylics again to test. (Yeesh, they hurt!) Also, it smells like that no-bite stuff you put on your fingernails as a kid... kinda peppery or something. I'm still using it, but I won't repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have pretty healthy nails. Recently they were peeling at the corners and then breaking off leaving me with oddly shaped nails. I decided to try this out since it said it was for peeling nails. It did help with the peeling. Also when I'm wearing this nail treatment my nails look whiter and brighter and super shiny. I don't use it often. Just here and there when I'm giving my nails a break from nail polish.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Right.

I heard so many good things about the Original formula, that I thought Id try the Sensitive stuff because my nails were looking a bit sad and weak.

It does absolutely nothing. NOTHING. Its a placebo, you might as well buy a cheapo bottle of Wet n' Wild clear coat and pretend its the same thing because it does just about as much.

Also, its really super expensive for what it is, I paid about 10 for my bottle; thats about $17 for those in the US, and its not like theres even anything like maybe more product, its just the standard 15ml bottle....except its a 15ml bottle of overpriced wanna-be protectant. I could have used that money on something Id actually use and enjoy.

Swapping it off.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by suyumbike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never had an allergic reaction to any kind of nail polish before, so I was quite surprised when red itchy blotches appeared on my hands, elbows and knees immediately upon applying OPI Nail Envy - Sensitive & Peeling. My symptoms disappeared within half an hour of removal. Disappointed, I had to return the product, and luckily got a refund despite the fact that it had been on sale. A quick google search didn't bring up any testimonials of similar reactions among users, and I'm still able to use regular OPI polishes and even products with far more aggressive ingredients than this one. A mystery!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LilShortie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but ONE coat only.

Works well as a base coat, or used alone for me. If I go on vacation, i just use this so I don't have to re-do my nails in the middle of it. On me, it lasts about 4 days. Again, I only use one coat. My middle and ring fingers used to peel, but I don't see it happening anymore. Hard to say if this product is the reason for that. I also use oils before putting it or any other polish on.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Eahreynolds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of OPI nail polished and have read great reviews of the original Nail Envy and thought the formaldehyde-free formal could only be better. It was a huge disappointment and waste of money. It did not make my nails improve or stop peeling...it made them worse. Usually, my manicures last for a good 4 days (I add a layer of my top coat every night as I work in a shop and the polish chips immediately otherwise) but while using this as a base coat, my nail polish peeled off - completely. I was having to redo my nails constantly. And my nails began peeling even more than before I started using this product to stop them peeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by SJP1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with a lot of the previous reviewers, I expected better from OPI.

1. It peels off easily- often in big chunks and yes I've had the crackled effect that other reviewers have described.
2. The product left in the bottle thickens up really quickly and after the first few applications becomes difficult to apply.
3. It's expensive
4. It doesn't work, my nails are still peeling, with the nail varnish attached!

There must be a better product out there, don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So I bought this nail strengthener because I had heard great things about the OPI Nail Envy line, and I wanted to make sure that I bought the right formula for my type of nails. Although I didn't have the extremely negative experience that many others have had, I don't think this is amazing either. I will continue to try other nail strengtheners after I finish this.

PROS
*Stays on and shiny for days
*Decent base coat for other nail polish
*Helps my nails not peel

CONS
*Expensive
*Although it helps keep my nails from peeling, if my nail does get nicked, this doesn't help it.
*No great nail transformations while using this for quite a while, so I will continue to search for a better nail strengthener.

UPDATE
I have about 70% left of the product and it has become thick and goopy. Now I have to add thinner to it, which is ridiculous when I have not even used that much of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Poisonous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think this product does combact against peeling, and it's always good to have a formaldehyde-free nail polish. However, three major drawbacks.
1. really hard to remove. Normally I remove it after 3 coats, and I could never get my nails completely clean for some reason.
2. sometimes whole sections of this will lift off, and when I tried to peel the bits off, it damages my nail underneath, leaving white lines behind and I have to use a nail file, which in turn weakens my nails
3. I have about 1/3 of a bottle left, and the consistency of the polish has thickend so much, every time I pull the brush out, strings form at the tip. It's now impossible to get a smooth finish
bottom line, won't purchase again and throwing out the remaining polish

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by daisyduke30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This made my nails worse, one of them peeled so low, below my nail bed, it still hurts. I think they are growing slower than usual. Still I am reluctant to give up on this just yet. It was so expensive and I threw away the packageing because I was so sure that at 16$ this would work. I don't know what to really think right now but I will keep you posted.