October 20, 2014 | 2028 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Cleanance Antishine Regulating Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Gamze88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mattifies your skin at the time of application but my skin was oily within a few hours. I even tried using it by itself on my forehead in case my makeup was making it worse but I ended up even more oily. I really don't think any makeup or skin care can make your skin matte all day. If your skin is producing excessive oil then there's not much you can do apart from go on an oral contraceptive with oil regulating and anti androgenergic properties and carry around a powder to use throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by misszb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very mattifying moisturizer so oily skin types will love this. I don't like it that much anymore because after using it for about 3-4 months my skin just started getting to dry because of the mattifying effect, so I switched to the Avene Clean-Ac moisturizer (which isn't very moisturizing but I liked it for a good 3-4 months aswell). Maybe it was just my skin that had a little to much of this moisturizer, but I would say give it a try if you are looking for a mattifying moisturizer for your oily skin, especially because it has a good ingredients list and it won't break you out. If you have combination skin, I would avoid it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Lilypily93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has changed my life. I've always had bad skin, now I only get the occasional zit. My skin isn't oily anymore and it just looks beautiful and radiant

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by giRlYY

I ALWAYSSS have problem with acne and still dealing with it .. Its already 10 yearss that I suffer from it!! and I have realized that whenever I eat something like dairy product or food that contains high sugar, my blood sugar will raise,which cause breakout on my face,sometimes on my body... But what irritate me the most is that I get often breakout above my lip (area between nose and mouth)... I am so desperate and feel uncomfortable when I communicate with people,because they like to noticing the acne which is located above my lip (I hate that the most as u know)... I am prone to milia(whiteheads) on that area as well.. When I find this avene anti shine lotion, I try to put on the area which is prone to break out... anddd the resultttt is ' HAPPY' ... I dont get break out anymore, but of course I still trying to control my food( not eat so much dairy food that can cause me acne) .... I love this product,really! It help me really to control my skin from getting acne...If I notice redness or bump like it will become acne , I will apply this lotion onto it morning,afternoon and evening,,, and everyday scrub it with Garnier anti acne exfoliating scrub (but just one time per day,dont scrub too much, cause it can worsen your skin) and then at night apply the avene cleanance creme gel K exfoliating(this creme gel really dry up milia and acne, it works on me :D)... and the result ,the light tiny bump goes away after about 2 or 3 days.. It doens't get worse and get healed during that day :))) .. I feel really relieved that I can control this bastard acne with this method.. And for the miliia (whitehead) ,I have use the same method, in morning,afernoon and evening always apply this lotion anti shine to the milia ,and then scrub the milia one times per day, and at night apply avene cleanance K ... and the millia is really dried up ,in which you can pick it out, or it goes away .. that took for me about 4 or 5 days, if I am not mistaken.. I have removed about 5 milia above my lip by using this method... So to conclude, I love avene product, it help me really...

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Hdrgvedztx

Let's get to the main point. The moisturising abilities of this product are reasonable. It doesn't break me out which is something everyone looks for when choosing cosmetics. The fact that when I apply something directly over this after waiting for it to sink in or whatever and it balls up, I absolutely dislike. So I've had to change my routine from sunscreen first and then this moisturiser which worked perfectly fine. But i'm still confused as i'd want my moisturiser to sink into my skin and not the sunscreen sinking into my skin. Works for me...

I think that the consistency is so unbelievably smooth and glides on almost like applying runny glue ( a little goes a long way ). Actually, it does in certain characteristics remind me of glue. Not the hard stick type but the bottle glue in the way that it kinda of smells like sweet watery glue, the texture is similar to that of glue and the colour is gluey. Sorry if this is putting you off, but the actual product is not at all sticky or adhesive ! The colour of the gel-like cream isn't at all white, it's more of a thin and transparent whitish hue. Kinda like glue. ( That just rhymed ) Haha anyways, the point is that it's a reasonably able moisturiser that doesn't cause any further breakouts ( non-comedogenic ) and allows skin to breathe and feel moist and supple.

I haven't been using this product for a very long period of time, hence my review may not be as accurate. However I don't think this product feels greasy or heavy like other moisturiser out there may. This leaves my skin fairly hydrated and oil doesn't show until maybe a couple hours at most.

One remarkable thing that I noticed about this particular brand line is that it calms and soothes my skin. I wake up to smooth and clear skin, and then bam when it comes to washing my face with perhaps harsh-ish cleansers my face becomes so red and bumpy. Not a pleasant image to wake up to a long day ahead of you... So I apply this over my sunscreen and it sinks in an reduces some of that inflammation and irritation. I can't wait till puberty ceases and I can move on to using cleansers without salicylic acid, I cannot wait!

Pros :
- Smells sweet like sugar if that even makes sense... ( be imaginative ? )
- Glides on very smoothly and a little goes a long way
- Gel-cream consistency which is easily applicable and sinks in quickly to hydrate the skin
- Moisturises fairly well
- Holds shine for a couple hours, and reduced production of shine over the hours to come
- Lightweight and makes skin feel soft and supple
- Calming and soothing
- Matte effect
- Easy control of the fluid ( tube-like packaging with a small opening helps to control the amount of product released )

Cons :
- Some may compare and contrast certain aspects of this moisturiser with glue.
- Smell may be a little off putting but not at all unpleasant, it's not unbearable.
- Small amount of product
- High price for 40mL in a tube.

I would recommend this for those individuals that are looking for a simple moisturiser in their teens or 20s mainly because this is a product that performs simple things such as moisturise and leave skin feeling neutral. Furthermore, it won't contribute to any further skin problems and perhaps it may even reduce problems to come ! I highly recommend this moisturiser. Imo the price may seem quite high for a product of such little containment, however I think that because it's been imported from France the costs incurred may have increased the selling price of the product here. So, you're basically buying something from overseas that's been sealed and transported for you to easily access in your country ! Sounds quite simple if you think about it that way, no? : )

I hope this moisturiser helps you as much as it helped me !

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is really good for both oily skin and combination skin. While moisturizing, it also balances the oil production of the skin. I get rid of the awkward shine caused by the oil, for several hours.. Before make up especially, if I use this, the make up persists longer. Briefly, it is both a moisturizer and a balancer, which a woman with oily skin looks for :) However, there is a drawback, I think it is a small package , the amount is small; in comparison to the other moisturizers. Consequently, you run out of it rapidly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using it for almost a month now and I love it so far! It is a gel consistency so it's great for combination to oily skin people and it does a great job controlling oil. It mattifies the face very well and it is also supposed to help with acne-prone skin (which I have & it hasn't broken me out so it's a good sign).

It isn't the cheapest moisturizer out there but I'm the kind of person that likes to invest more on skin care products (and I can definitely see a difference compared to when I was using cheaper ones - for my skin anyways). The ingredients list is nice since it contains salicylic acid (which seems to work best for my acne rather than benzyl peroxide) but it does have fragrance added in it. It's in a squeeze tube so it's travel friendly and easy to use. I really enjoy using this product and will repurchase when I'm finished.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

This really is a fantastic product for oily skin wow I am really impressed with this product. It does exactly as it says it mattifys the skin, doesn't leave my skin dry at all, and it has just a very slight nice fragrance but ever so slightly 'clean' smell. Overall this is a fantastic product and I will definitely be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this! It really does regulate the shine. I started noticing a difference in my skin after one week's use already.

It leaves a matte finish without feeling dry. Perfect for oily/shiny faces.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by niahana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the best lotion i have ever used! it makes my makeup matte really well for more than 8 hours. but then i stopped using this when i found avene skin recovery cream since its for intolerant skin. but what do you know? it breaks me out even more, or possibly WORSE! so then i stopped using the skin recovery cream and use this again... it doesnt just helps to absorb excess oil but miraculously heals those annoying cystic bumps. however its quite pricey for such a small drugstore product - like maybe around $32 (in my country) for 40mL. oh well, it doesnt even matter. as long as it done the good job, then i dont mind repurchasing it over and over again.