July 29, 2014 | 1976 users online

Shampoo - Bumble & Bumble - Gentle Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Never really liked Bumble & Bumble shampoo until I tried this guy! For reference, I have long, color-treated hair and although my scalp isn't particularly oily, I like to wash my hair everyday or at least every other day. (I know, I'm terrible! Just love that freshly washed feeling.)
I wash twice and then follow up with the B&B Super Rich conditioner and my hair looks, feels, and smells fab! It doesn't make my hair color fade prematurely either, which is a huge plus!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo was recommended by a hair stylist at a high end salon. I have mature hair that is double textured: kinky, curly and wavy along the front hair line forehead and sides. The crown and back areas have nice body with normal texture and wave. This shampoo works fine in those areas, but makes my hair dull and lifeless around the front hairlines that is fuzzy and curly. I also stopped coloring and highlighting my mature hair, thus it is natural gray, so this may be too strong for virgin hair.

Along with B&B's Seaweed, this shampoo was a "no go" for me. I am assuming from the mostly positive reviews, this product works best on thicker, chemically treated hair given its creamy consistency. Not a bad shampoo and it smells nice. Will use as hand soap or in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is a pretty good shampoo and lives up to its name of being "gentle". My hair is soft and shiny and doesn't have that squeaky-clean feeling post-shampoo, which is how I determine whether a shampoo is too harsh. It has a light fresh scent, similar to that of the Bb Styling Lotion or Thickening hairspray. However, I would prefer a SLS-free formulation, and think that I can achieve comparable results with a shampoo from a natural line, like Avalon Organics. For reference, I have fine, non-color treated, slightly wavy hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kittencuddler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Super lovely product, really helps keep the frizz down for me. It smells lovely, and you only need a little bit. I wash my hair every other day, and it does a fine job of keeping my hair looking nice and shiny on the nonwash days. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, I totally agree with the other reviewers about this containing harsh sulfates, that said the more I used this with the Super rich cond. the more I liked this. Ok, it's not "gentle" but I will tell you this as someone who suffers with dermatitis it's extremely hard to find shampoo's that do not irritate this condition and honestly it doesn't bother mine at all. I noticed also combining this with super rich cond. has made my hair healthier overall. Only huge downside is the price...super expensive, but you seriously only need a dab of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by LeslieMUA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly, I don't find this shampoo to be especially gentle. I prefer to use shampoos that are sulfate-free because I find that my my hair is shinier, stronger and less dry without them.

All that said, I really love this shampoo for washing away oil treatments. Once every few weeks, I put coconut oil in my hair and leave it for a day or two. Sometimes I'll even leave the oil in for up to four days. The sulfate-free shampoos I typically use wouldn't be able to get the oil out, but this shampoo does a great job. Compared to other shampoos I could use to remove oil, this shampoo is gentler. It gets all of the treatment out of my hair without undoing all the good things the oil did for my hair.

I do think this shampoo is expensive, but a bottle lasts me at least a year when I use it like this, so it's not so bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Cidalrain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a product to call itself "gentle" I would think it would not have ANY Sodium Laureth Sulfates OR Ammonium Lauryl Sufates and this shampoo has both! Sodium Laureth Sulfates I can deal with as it is not as damaging as the Ammonium. ALS causes your hair and scalp to be so stripped that it will cause dandruff in many people. Which then they will then try to combat with Selsun Blue or some prescription dandruff shampoo when really it was the Ammonium Laurel Sulfate that was causing the dandruff all along. I am highly skeptical of the people who reviewed this shampoo as "not stripping" their hair. I would imagine these people have very oily hair to begin with so it works for them. Definitely not a shampoo for dry damaged hair which it is wrongly marketed for. And for the price? I would expect them to not contain the same ingredients that are in your cheap bargain drug store brands like VO5 and Pantene. This lathers so well because it has both of these sulfates in it. So it is not "concentrated". It is just high in damaging sulfates. I really wish people would read the ingredients of their shampoos then research them on the net because in this technological time there is NO REASON for anyone to not know stuff. (and just believe whatever the label says or whatever they are told). One of my biggest pet peeves but I segued here, I think the best thing Bumble and Bumble are great at is their marketing as they have ingeniously marketed run of the mill, cheap ingredients passing them off as high end ingredients when that is just not the case.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by wandesta80

I have been using this for the past 3 months. It has been very gentle to my color treated, curly hair. It is concentrated so a little can go along way.I would definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is absolutely my FAVOURITE shampoo. I LOVE the smell, the way it lathers and the fact that it rinses well out of my hair. My hair rinses smooth, NOT tangled !

But why Bumble and Bumble, must you be so ridicioiusly over priced ? :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by virtualgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the smell of this product and while it is gentle I find it a bit stripping for my hair. I recently moved from the wet part of our state (Washington) to the dry part and find I need a bit more moisturizing in my shampoo so I save this one for when I'm visiting the west, or as we say in the east, the wet side of the mountains. Still it is a solid B&B product.