November 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Makeup Brushes - Lancome - Highlighting Brush #3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I think I got this on accident.. But I'm happy I did. I will say that if you are looking for a stippling brush for liquid foundation/etc, I would NOT recommend this brush as it is quite flimsy. However, if you want one for blush/highlight application, as I did, this brush is perfect. I have really pale, dry and uneven skin. With regular powder/blush brushes I end up with WAY too much product. This product offers the solution. Its very soft and not too dense, which in my case, is a good thing.
(if you are looking for a good stippling brush for liquid foundation, MACs is supposedly very good.. but very pricey.. but also, SIGMA has a flat top kabuki brush that I've heard is really good for this)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I purchased this brush off E-bay for $15 or so. I think retail is $28? This is the first highlighting brush I have owned so can't compare to others, but I do like this quite a bit. I use it for applying highlighter to cheek bones. It is dense enough to use as a stippling brush as well although I have not tried that yet. The bristles are a good density for applying a slightest of color. I do wish it was smaller in circumference because it is hard to concentrate the highlighter on the tops of my cheek bones since its so wide.
Good quality bristles, have not had any shedding and the handle is the comfortable.

Personally, if I ever need to replace I may look for a brush that is slightly narrower, but for the purposes of this review, it is a great brush and I can see it as a multi-tasker therefore I said I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by larousse991

Great stippling brush. I'm a fan of sheer coverage so when I found out what a skunk brush could do I whipped it out from my drawers and went stipple crazy for the next week or so. I bought the skunk brush as a packaged deal so it's slightly small but I don't mind the extra work as the overall look I get from using this brush is awesome. I typically only use this to apply liquid foundation but I am also considering buying a bigger version from Lancome (ie. not travel sized) so that I use the smaller one for blushes and bronzers.
Oh and cleaning is kind of annoying. I used baby shampoo and condition every so often. I don't think hairs have fallen out yet but once in a while I need to force the hairs to smooth and not fall out of place. I could just be really anal about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by cmdrdarkman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Actually i bought this brush when I was still struggling as a student in 1999. And guess what? Its still in optimal condition after all these yrs (except the silver handle turned "gold")

Ok i actually bought it specifically to apply their awesome poudre neige blanc highlighter (it gives a magical effect only with this brush as demo by the MUA,and trust me i tried with other brushes didnt work) I wasnt aware that it could be used as a blusher brush... so wow. This is definitely one of the better brushes out there, and I would definitely buy again if this gives way.

Easy to clean and fibres are still in optimal condition after all these years... I wonder if i shld upload the pix I took of it? Hmmn

EDIT: uploaded the pix i took of it there... that brush was bought in 1999 so yea... pretty old but still awesome :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by faramita

I was to buy MAC 187 for high pigmented blush (Nars crazed). Since the brush is not going to apply foundation or powder, it is definitly a waste to spend $40+. MAC 188 is cheaper, but I prefer something larger( I think size between the 187 and 188 will be perfect for blush). Then I found Lancome #3 which has a much more reasonable price. I tried it at the counter and did some comparison with 187. Size of #3 is between 187 and 188. It is softer than 187, but I guess it does not contain animal fiber as 187 does since it is much cheaper. I purchased it with GWP. It works well applying crazed, grab small amont of powder and blend easily. I also used it for powder. It applies a very thin layer of powder, but the size of the brush is not big enough. Anyway it is a great brush for highly pigmented blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2006 4:29:00 AM More reviews by hullabaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to brush for blush. I use it almost every day and particularly when I'm using my more pigmented blushes. The size of the head of this brush is perfect for blush. I don't have to angle it to just get the sides of the bristles; I can just very quickly dip it my blush, apply it straight on and I'm done. No streaks or splotches of color. I'd be lost without this Lancome skunk brush. Everyone needs one of these.
A close match for it is the Flirt highlighting brush, but the Flirt one doesn't have as many bristles and I don't find them to be as soft. Its called the Highlighting Brush #3 at Lancome counters and sells for $25.50. If you can't find it at counters, it is available on Lancome's website.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2006 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ddee718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PERFECT - ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! I bought mine over 5 years ago and I've been using it every day since! The brush never lost a bristle, bent out of shape, or gave me any problems. Very easy to clean, its perfect for applying blush. I am getting a new one as I would like to keep two (one for applying blush and one for applying hilighter) as this one remains pink instead of white from constantly using it for blush. I would highly recommend it as I think it will last forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Awesome brush* !!! Absolutely perfect! Applies my highly pigmented NARS blush perfectly! So sheerly and lightly ... perfect control too. Even with NARS Crazed and Taos blushes (super-pigmented!), there is NO WAY you could accidentally apply too much using this brush. Applies totally sheer, buildable color. Of all of the highlighting/fan brushes that I own, this Lancome Brush # 3 is my all-time favorite! Total HG for me! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 7:02:00 PM More reviews by burlesquebunny

I use this brush to apply my Nars Mounia blush and Bobbi Brown shimmer brick. It is wonderful! I had never tried a skunk brush before this and was wary of using a brush with synthetic fibers blended into it. I am so glad I took the chance on this brush. It gives the lightest application of color and shimmer. No more fear of "clown" cheeks! I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Also known as "The Skunk brush" I find this brush absolutely necessary for blush application.Especially if the blush is densely pigmented(A deep red for example)I find I look clown like when applying blush no matter how light of a hand I use..This brush picks up the tiniest bit and provides a flush of color so I look natural.A GF of mine got an awesome deal on ebay for this(I think $12US) but I think this usually runs for $20 which is half the price of MAC's version..And it's just as good..If not better