Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 3/24/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is awesome. You really don't feel like you're wearing makeup. The coverage is light. However, I can get medium coverage if I go over my face twice with a makeup sponge. I love the squeeze bottle. And most importantly, the color is spot on. I actually used the Cover Girl website to find my perfect shade. Their app helps you pick products and shades depending on your age, skin type, skin tone etc. They recommended "Classic Beige" at first, but I knew it would be way too dark. However, the undertone looked right. So, I used their app again, but I dropped my age a category, and the shade results were all lighter for some reason. Maybe most fair toned women my age sunbathe or something? Whatever the reason, this time they recommended "Natural Ivory" which looked much lighter, but still had a pink undertone. Normally, I wouldn't have bought this shade either. I would have bought the lightest "Ivory" shade available, but I decided to give their recommendation a try. Low and behold! It's perfect! I don't have that ghost look I sometimes get with foundation. It doesn't look yellow or orange. If you're fair with pink undertones and find the lightest shade of foundation is sometimes too light, this might be a good option for you. I know I'm very pleased. I'll definitely repurchase.

on 3/22/2015 4:45:00 PM

Loving this! It light and provides decent coverage. I have aging skin and this is great for it.

Eyes: Violet

For the price its ok but it oxidizes and has light coverage
Like the squeeze tube

on 2/27/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Light-Medium coverage which is perfect for me, seeing as I only have minimal redness. I have normal skin and it has a matte finish on me. It does not cake or give me breakouts. My skin is horribly sensitive (and I'm allergic to anything with SPF) so this was perfect for me. I'm extremely pale and ivory is perfect match for my skin. I will definitely buy this as long as it's around. Most definitely my HG.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I took a chance, picked up this little plastic container for $6, and found my HG foundation. I love applying this foundation over my SPF moisturizer, because it goes on so smoothly and doesn't irritate my skin at all. It blends gorgeously. I use my fingers.

The lightest colour is a perfect match for my fair skin, and it gives me an absolutely gorgeous soft matte finish that looks absolutely HD, photoshopped even. My skin has never looked better, and the look lasts all day. And to think how much money I have spent on deluxe foundations that did absolutely nothing for me.

HG all the way.

on 2/20/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love makeup but don't like the made-up look for every day. I just want skin that looks pretty and feels natural. It's lightweight and gives a glow that is soft matte and smooth. It feels like you have nothing on your face. No spf means less chance of irritation (I have a moisturizer with spf that I use underneath). Non greasy and no detectable fragrance - so great for those with sensitive skin. The plastic bottle is great for travel and the spout makes it more hygienic. It probably is one of the best foundations in terms of how it feels on the skin. The coverage is light to light-medium so look elsewhere if you want full coverage. Better than many department store formulas for a fraction of the cost.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried to like this, but I dont. I have very dry skin on my cheeks and bought this hoping that it would help. The first day I tried this, I did not have moisturizer on under it. I didn't find it hydrating, but I didn't find it drying either. It looks really gross when I first put it on; it makes my skin look really flaky around my nose and cheeks even if I'm not dry there, and it did this when I had moisturizer under it too. When I tried it with moisturizer, I felt really oily throughout the day, which never happens because my skin is a desert. After about four hours, my face was very shiny and needed touching up, but when you put powder on this it just cakes up and breaks apart and looks so gross. This stuff just gives up on you. The coverage was light/medium and this foundation DOES look nice at a distance but I could still see my acne scars through it. I do like the squirt bottle packaging but I wish that the top was flat so that you could stand it up when the lid is off.

I guess the only good thing I have to say about this is that the color (I'm always the lightest shade in anything ever... Or lighter than the lightest shade) matched me beautifully and at no point in the day did it change its colour. Also it was on sale for $9.69 so it didn't cost me a limb which is great. Regardless, I won't be buying this again.

My skin needed a break from foundation, but I'm not comfortable with all of my scarring. I looked for a gentle foundation, and this was perfect. It doesn't make my oily nose area shiny, but it hydrates my dry forehead. I bought the shade ivory, and it was a good match with my pale skin. The undertone is neutral, and there isn't a flashback with flash photography. I paid approximately $5 at Walmart for the 1 ounce bottle, so the price is great. The packaging is cute, it's sort of flat so it fits nicely in a small purse. It squeezes out, so you can easily control how much you get. It's build-able, but still feels light and lets your skin breathe. It's about a medium coverage. I'll be buying this again!

on 11/28/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is an underrated gem! I think it is strange it's advertised as hydrating since the finish is almost totally matte on me, and I have oily skin! But then that is why I like this so much, it has light coverage and a matte finish, and is very easy to blend. I think the shades run a little light because I normally wear Ivory or Classic Ivory in CG foundations, but in this Creamy Natural is a perfect color match. This holds up decently but I do set it with CG professional loose powder. I love the small squeeze tube bottle and wish all foundations were packaged like this. I would repurchase!

on 9/20/2014 1:21:00 PM

This is the only foundation I have used that really stands out in my mind. Doesn't seem to break me out, matches my skin tone really well, and doesn't look cakey after wearing for a long time. I live in a humid climate so it isn't ideal that it's hydrating, but I assume that wouldn't be a problem for someone with dry skin. I would also love it it had a bit more coverage :( But overall, I am sticking to this until i find something a bit more opaque!