September 18, 2014 | 1803 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in 740/Natural Beige. I typically go for beige or honey tones and this totally blends into my skin. I really like this foundation for my mature skin as it is hydrating and does not settle into fine lines. (I rarely apply foundation around my eye area and am happy with Rimmel Match Perfect right now). I apply with a flat top kabuki foundation brush and it lasts all day. (Sometimes I use my fingers and its fine - brush adds more of airbrushed look). It is not a heavy foundation so if you are looking to conceal brown spots or blemishes, this will not work. But it is buildable. I apply PF mineral wear talc free pressed powder spf 30 in Translucent below my cheeks and along jawline to add another layer of coverage for some very light melasma that I keep at bay using Obaji Clear. I have used Lancome, EL, various L'Oreal, PF, and I like this best right now. I still like Healthy Skin spf 50 by PF - but I don't see that at the drugstores anymore. The only downside is that you get 1 fl. oz and for the price, that's a small amount! The upside to that is that it travels easily, and you'll use it up before it gets "gunky"!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Meaganbutters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome. I've been looking for something light that covers the small blemishes on my face and this is perfect for the job. Doesn't look like I'm wearing too much make up either. It's only my second time wearing it and so far I haven't seen any problems in my skin, which is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by jadeseymour

I love this foundation !! It gives light -medium coverage and has a very natural finish that looks like second skin . This doesn't oxidize like the 3in1 also by CG or transfer . This doesn't make my T-zone too oily and doesn't enhance dry skin . I p

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did my research before buying this foundation so I knew that I was looking for something with light coverage. I got the shade classic beige which my mother said is too light but then I told her it was the one I was wearing (she only swatched some on her hand) and she was surprised at the color match. I was skeptical at the hydrating properties because of my insanely oily skin that looks as if any dryness left for vacation and never came back. This ended up going on smooth and giving me a luminous glow without feeling or looking greasy which shocked me considering a lot of my supposed "oil control" foundations are mediocre in comparison and that's me wearing it on a hot day! I can't explain it but it's a miracle product. Sure the coverage is light but it fades and color corrects ever so slightly which gives me this great, natural look. I really hope this isn't discontinued like the Natureluxe. Seems like all of Covergirl's little travel sized treasures end up going out of production :/ I used to think Neautrogena's Skin Clearing Makeup was my Holy Grail but for the color match, oil control and price point at 7.50 vs. 10-15 (depending on where you go) I will certainly consider this Covergirl my Holy Grail Status unless my skin needs change.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a foundation that is basically a tinted moisturizer that is a little heavier with pigmentation. The coverage is LIGHT but it works really well to cover redness and minimal blemishes, which is why I like it. The full-coverage look has never worked for me, mostly because I am super fair-skinned and very pink-undertoned, and full-coverage only makes me look like a zombielike porcelain doll. This foundation makes your overall skin look much smoother, even, and a little glowy, so instead of looking like a mask it tones down imperfections and redness.

Pros:
The lightest shade actually matches my skin tone due to it having pink-undertones, which hardly any foundations ever have.

Easy to apply and blend and looks natural.

Doesn't irritate my skin.

Cons:
The only real downside is that it doesn't last and seems to dissipate after just a few hours especially on my t-zone. I'm not surprised since it's moisturizing but I wish it did have a bit more lasting power.

Overall, for the price and what it's advertised to do, it holds up to what it claims.
Tip: mix with a heavier, more matte foundation to keep it from getting cakey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I think that it's a fairly good foundation overall. It goes on very smoothly onto my face. It oxidizes on my face only slightly. I don't find that to be too much of a big deal. As, even though it does oxidize a bit while I'm wearing it, it does not leave me with that embarrassing orange, oompa loompa look that I I've experienced from many a foundation.

I find that it wears pretty well, after setting it with powder. It doesn't settle under my eyes or anywhere else on my face either. And, I do appreciate that it is completely fragrance free.

I'm not sure if this product was meant to be used on oily skins. But, while I was using it, I never had any problems with it. And, I do happen to combo-to-oily skin myself.

The reason why, I probably won't ever be re-purchasing this product again, is because it doesn't provide full coverage. When I wear foundations now, I prefer them to be able to provide full coverage. And, unfortunately, this one does not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been fantastic for me! I have been suffering with dry, sensitive, red, flaky skin this winter and this foundation has helped me so much. It doesn't make the flaky patches worse, it actually helps to hide them and it completely toned down the redness on my face. I find using a brush to apply it works much better.
My skin looks so smooth, my pores minimized and it lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by teghanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this product!! I've always seen it in drugstores, but never bothered picking it up or checking it out as it never caught my eye. But I picked one up a couple weeks ago, and have loved it ever since! It's lightweight, but also build-able if you need more coverage, does not break me out at all or irritate my skin, and doesn't dry my skin out either. A really reliable and natural looking foundation that won't cause you any problems. Cheap too!

The only downside is that because it is fragrance free, it smells similar to sunscreen, which is a little unpleasant (in my opinion).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by MUAArtist101

Skin Background: Oily/Dry Combo, acne prone skin. This is the absolute best concealer I have EVER used. It has a light weight to it which makes it feel cool and "airy" on my skin. Does not oxidize my skin like a lot of other concealers do, and it does not come off like lotion after application. No weird scents, no globs or chunks, but it's not "watery" textured either. Very fluid and creamy look and feel to it, and blends great with any type of applicator (brush, sponge, fingers, etc). Leaves you a little shiny but some cheap pressed powder (any will do; I use NYC pressed powder which runs about $1.99-$2.99 at the most) will whisk it away and the concealer blends nicely with the powder of your choice. The packaging just looks a little bland, but you're not wearing the package/label so who cares. Got mine for less than ten dollars (with tax) at Walmart. I've had the same bottle for almost half a year and I've still got more than half the bottle and I use it everyday I go to school (7-9 hours and +3 hours if you count after school; full coverage all the time). Doesn't come off until I shower or go to bed or remove it with wet washcloth or makeup remover.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Unfortunately, I can't quite jump onto the bandwagon here. I didn't love this foundation as much as I had hoped. I originally bought this foundation as a replacement for a winter foundation, and it didn't live up to what I expected.
The one aspect of this foundation that I really loved is the color; I have warm-toned skin, and in the winter, it gets really pale. It gets difficult to find light foundations that match my skin well. However, the shade 710 Classic Ivory matched my skin perfectly; it didn't oxidize and the color you see in the tube is really the color that will show up on skin. Sadly, however, it's the only thing that I really liked about this foundation- the rest just didn't work.
First and foremost, the coverage was disappointing. It's a very, very sheer coverage product, which was not expecting. It barely covered up redness on my skin, let alone acne. I probably used more concealer than foundation in order to actually get good coverage! It's also extremely liquidy in consistence- which isn't bad, but it doesn't give you good coverage no matter what you do.
The finish was also extremely dewy. Like, more shiny than I ever expected. Tbh, I missed the part about it being a hydrating foundation...my bad. Having oily combo skin, anything shiny is not a good look, which is why I wasn't very happy. Yeah, I can mattify it with powder, but after a few hours it'll work its moisturizing powers and shine through my efforts to cover it. I was quite surprised to read that it worked well on oily skin, because I did not get results that were close to satisfying. Which leads to...
In addition, the staying power was less than ideal. Even with a good primer, the foundation was very easy to accidentally rub off. This goes especially for that time, nearing the end of the day, when makeup just comes off because of /anything/. It claims to last up to 11 hours; hell, it can hardly go two hours without somehow being smudged or rubbed off. It was pretty disappointing.
As for its moisturizing abilities, I'm not quite sure how they work. I moisturize my face each morning before makeup and have never had trouble with having dryness. Honestly, I can't tell any difference in my face's moisture from when I use any other foundation that doesn't claim to moisturize. This one intensifies the oil on my t-zone, I guess, but that doesn't quite count.
As for the packaging, the squeeze tube is actually really cool. I like it. Very convenient.
The price is okay- I got mine for $8, but I'm sure you can find them cheaper somewhere else. If you want sheer coverage and moisturizing qualities, then this is up your alley. However, it just did not work for me at all, and I am definitely not repurchasing.