October 23, 2014 | 1459 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - Skin Clearing Oil-Free Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This concealer looks cakey and unnatural. It accentuates the dried skin around my acne caused from my acne medicine. It costs too much for the tiny amount of product in the package.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by qcardsforclass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about 3 months now.

Pros:
-Cheap
-Color matches nicely to skin (or at least mine does)
-Does NOT break me out (a HUGE plus because most concealers break me out like crazy. This is probably the only reason I continue using this concealer)

Cons:
-Tends to get cakey very easily AROUND acne and sometimes it just does not cover up my acne...
-Packaged with a sponge on top of for application, which is so unsanitary because it's near impossible to wash. I use a Q-Tip to take the concealer off the sponge and apply it to my face.

Overall, I plan to use this product up until I finish the tube. I said I would repurchase but it's more of a maybe...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kschultz658

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this. I would dab on a tiny bit over problem areas, set with a powder, and then be off. The formula is a liquid in a twist up tube - so when it runs out, just pop off the top and there's a good deal more product to be had. Definitely buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by LissaMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can honestly say there is NOTHINg about this concealer that I like. First off, the color selection is terrible. There are only 4 shades. 4 shades simply will not work for every skin tone...Come on. If you are extremely fair or have a deep complexion, I doubt a color from this will even match. The price isn't great either. You get a super small amount for around 10 dollars...And the packaging is unsanitary. You use the same sponge everytime. No thanks. Not only that, but the concealer itself sucked! It didn't cover up my redness. I noticed a slight difference, but that's it. It also looked extremely cakey and not natural at all. Plus, it made my skin PEEL and made my acne WORSE! I would add this on healing pimples that were flattening but left a flat pink scar, and it made the pimples come up again?! (I have oily combination, extremely sensitive acne-prone skin btw). After discontinuing the use of this product, my pimples have flattened and are now returning back to normal. I would NOT recommend this product. However I will say everyone has different skin, so you can try it out if you'd like. It might work for you! Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by allisonxo12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its pretty good. It isn't oily & it covers pretty good. one of the best concealer I used so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by missxwillow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I got this with the foundation to clear some blemishes.. It did clear up the blemishes, but it also irritated my skin, made it red, and did not necessarily do a good job at concealing the zit. If of anything, it made it more obvious, even though the color I got matched up perfectly with the foundation shade. The problem I found with it is, it does not blend. At all. It's like those too-thick, too creamy concealers. It covers up the problem, but it's impossible to blend and looks obvious. In short, this is another product that failed me. Oh well, there's always more.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ItsStillAWrap

I really like the way this covers. I wouldn't say it really clears my skin but it doesn't make things worse. Whenever I have a really big zit I use this stuff and it helps it blend in with my foundation so you can't even see it. I'm using it in Fair 05 and think it is a little dark for my super light skin. If I wear it w/o foundation you can see it. When using foundation over it, its better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth0892

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This concealer turned out to be a decent buy for me. It covered my blemishes really well (which is what I bought it for), but I was really turned off about how little product comes in the tube. If you plan on using this product every day as I did, it will run out quickly.

I wouldn't say that it cleared up my acne, but it didn't break me out either, which was great for me.

Overall, I liked the product. It covers well and it had my shade, but it's not enough product, it's expensive, and didn't clear my skin as it said. I'd repurchase if in a pinch, for sure, but I'm on the hunt for a new concealer!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by lindadomini

I decided to give this a try since I had a coupon and local drugstore had a sale. In the few days that I've tried it, here's my impression: Very little product for the money. Despite being a liquid concealer, decent pigment/coverage if applied using the applicator or a brush. Do not use fingers to blend unless you want to diminish the coverage. I found that I did not break out but it didn't necessarily heal my blemishes either. Coverage fades throughout the day (as I've found with most liquid concealers). Color stays true though. I wasn't found of the applicator that it came in. Nice innovation but I personally didn't like having to twist the bottom to release color into an applicator tip. Click, click, click... for a concealer... application process isn't very discreet.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by emily6678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It was pretty expensive for such little product. Horrible coverage. Little variety for skin tone. Does not heal pimples. Made me break out. Again, there is barely any product in it. One good thing is it covers up circles under your eyes. Overall, I do not like this concealer at all.