April 17, 2014 | 1174 users online

Crème - Almay - Clear Complexion Compact Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by rachaelhutson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dried out my skin so bad! I had to discontinue use

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ameliakatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never stray from my MK Mineral Powder, but I picked this up at a drugstore when I was out of town without my makeup bag and just needed something. I actually liked it, and started using it a little more regularly, until I saw how much it dried my face out! I still use it occasionally during my time of the month, when my skin gets particularly oily and acne-prone. I really liked how it kept shine down all day, but even with a moisturizer my this dries my skin out too much to use it every day. For a teenager or someone with strictly oily skin, this is a great cheap option, although I would recommend Artistry's oil-control make-up before this one. The colors do not blend well, so if it's not an exact color match don't even bother. For me personally, I won't buy it again because I just don't use it enough and I have others I like better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by barebeauty11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this product over winter. I had never used a complexion powder before besides bare minerals mineral veil from my starters so I wanted to try something rather cheap before spending a good deal of money. My skin is normal, it has an average amount of oil and is never terribly dry.

This product sucks, for me at least. After about two weeks it dried up on me, i have to scrape the top of the compact every couples of days after use. From distance the product appears to go on fine but if you look at your skin up close in the mirror it makes you look like you caked your make up on. Your skin looks flaky and dry. I don't recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by melmusic85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Worst Ever!!! Product is super dry and gritty! Makes my face look like it's really dry & flaky when it's not.... I don't like it at all, good thing it was cheap!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 7:10:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really takes the shine off my oily complexion, but it just doesn't provide much coverage to be called "makeup." I really want to like Almay, but I'm usually disappointed. Their colors are really boring, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this for years in high school when I had acne problems! I had used proactiv's foundation but this one is cheaper so when I ran out I got this one. I was glad to find something that would help my acne and cover it. This has great coverage and really helps out acne. I would recommend this to anyone who gets break outs.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Expensive and too pinkish for blending. Also, the make-up crumbles easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 7:31:00 PM More reviews by laurencane

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This compact is great! I use this either alone or on top of Almay Clear Complexion liquid foundation and it looks great. This provides enough coverage for my uneven skin that I can wear it alone. This is the perfect compact for a matte finish. Unfortunately, I traveled with this and the makeup cracked--Im not sure if this happened as a result of poor packaging or as a result of me manhandling it--probably the latter, but I thought Id mention it anyway. Im just waiting for an Almay sale to purchase another:)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by jamie48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Clinique Clarifying compact powder which I love, but decided I would try this since it has the same idea....skin clearing powder makeup & this is a bit cheaper + it had good reviews. When I was at wal-mart almost everyone of the powders were broken on the shelf!? The color match was pretty good, but turned a bit darker once on and the powder did not go on smooth. It grabbed and looked splotchy on my skin. It was not smooth like the clarifying and it dried my skin out. I used it for 4 days and it crumbled everywhere I guess that's why they were broke in the store b/c that's how easily they brake? Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by suerobchandler

I finally found a foundation I Love. I bought this toatlly spur of the moment as I was on my way out of town and forgot my foundation. I grabbed Almay because I know they don't test on animals and they are sister company of Revlon. I had a huge break out and needed coverage fast. I saw this had salylick(sp) acid in it so I thought why not kill the pimples while I hide them. I bought Ivory beige which looked really dark in the package but on my skin it was a perfect match. Im a strawberry blonde with porcelaine white skin(typical redhead complexion). This makeup blends so well and i just brush physciacians formula mineral powder over top. My skin has never looked so soft and flawless, im truly amazed and relieved at finally finding a perfect foundation. Kudos to Almay for this one!!!!!!!!!