September 22, 2014 | 2138 users online

Mascara - Almay - Almay Bright Eyes Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried this mascara after not having my eyelash extensions refilled. I found this product very disappointing. It flaked onto my face throughout the day and fell into my eyes, making it itchy and red. I found that you cannot use too many layers as it clumps quite easily after about 2 layers. It looks like it makes the lashes thicker but not longer. I got the purple version but it's not very purple. It doesn't make any difference on, more like a black mascara with a hint of very dark indigo. It was very expensive ($20AUD) for a product that didn't do much.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by batyah

The main problem I had with this mascara is that it would actually flake off in my eye. I would feel irritation during the day, and look in the mirror to find little black flakes in my eyes. Painful.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by SierraMascara

This was my first ever mascara hehe :P. I was probably about twelve.
...That should say something. This mascara does pretty much nothing. If you're looking for a 'natural' look, or if you're a pre-teen, check it out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

This mascara just doesn't do much at all. I got it in both blue and green. I liked the green b/c at the time when I got it no one else was really doing the colored mascara thing. It barely makes any difference on the lashes though besides the color.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by sarrah922

Great for 6th graders, that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I got this a biglots for a couple bucks and loved it. Its supposed to be blue black but it just looks blue. But I really like it. Looks great with my brown skin. I dont know about brightning my eyes, but I think what they meant was that it would make your eyes pop. Which it does do. Im sure biglots everywhere carrys it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 4:56:00 AM More reviews by tuffnail

As an everyday mascara, this one works well for me. It went on smoothly w/o clumps and never smeared. The lengthening and volumizing was just right and I loved the darkening effect the mascara produced. For a $2 mascara, it is not bad at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by loogie

I tried this product and was extremely disappointed with it. For Almay, this was their third strike with me and I will never buy another Almay product again. The mascara didn't do anything for me - no colour, no thickening, no lengthening. I am not sure why they thought this product should be on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by cutiecaity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i guess i'm the odd ball of the group because i love this mascara! like a lot of other ladies i found it at big lots for very cheap. i'm always on the hunt for blue mascara because i have very pale skin and anything too black just looks obviously fake and trampy. anyway, i applied this mascara the way the directions specifically say to and it really lifted my lashes! i wouldn't say it made my eyes brighter...but it definitely makes my lashes more voluminous and long. it took a couple tries to get a hang of the unique wand, but once i did i LOVED it. i went back and bought two more tubes!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2007 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Blondiebabe1972

this brings out the green in my eyes, it makes them look wide awake and pretty. :)