October 30, 2014 | 1656 users online

Eyeliner - Marbella - Permanent Eyeliner in Black 31

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Beautyalways

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This eyeliner is brilliant! I have several of the colors but particularly love the Azur-Blue! The eyeliner colors are vibrant and super easy to use. The tips are very fine so itís very easy to get precise control! The pens also last a long time - I've used mine for months and they still haven't run out! The color last amazingly on your skin! It has a semi-permanent effect on your skin but I find it easy to get off with just warm water and soap but their correction pen itís a good buy also!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by BarbieXOMakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner! This is the best eyeliner ever! Stay put until you are ready to take it off. The soft felt tip is ideal for precise lines (thick or thin) It really last more than 24 hours on your skin! The color is so deep and intense. and you can remove it with any oily makeup remover. They also have the hottest lip liner colors! My favorite is the Fuchsia!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is pretty good, probably the easiest to apply felt tip eyeliner. The only problem is that it leaves a stain on your eye after you remove it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by DivaliciousCandi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not only did the company rip me off by not giving me the free shipping despite me correctly adding in the code, but when I emailed them about the problem, they didn't even read it apparently and just reiterated the code back to me, even though it was not working correctly. When I emailed them AGAIN about this issue, "customer service" sent me back a snotty response even though it was THEIR error and they didn't even bother to read the email I had sent them. I finally just said to cancel my order. I don't like wasting my money on a company that has shoddy customer service and rips its customers off.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Tulip211

This is the best eyeliner have ever used. Pigmented, felt tip for precise cat eyes, and it doesn't budge. I have sweated, rubbed, and teared, and this stuff is PERFECT at the end of a 15 hour day.And the most amazing part? It washes right off with soap and water. Magic I tell ya...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Nightrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this product for one of my MyGlam bags.
First I thought it was the best eyeliner ever because it's marker-like shape makes it so easy to use.
However, as I tried to erase it with my makeup remover, IT WON'T DISAPPEAR. I don't know if it's only me who has this problem, but, this thing sticks like crazy.
My eyelids hurt as I try to wash off this thing. Even after several times of erasing, it would still leave a stain on my eyes.

I don't recommend buying this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Marbella's Permanent Eyeliner Pen is a smudge proof, water proof, fade proof eyeliner with a "100% natural, organic", dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic formula. (this is actually a horrible lie). This eyeliner pen is supposed to combine the ease of a pencil and color intensity of a liquid liner. Marbella's Eyeliner Pen should not be used to if you wear contacts, a worrying statement. Marbella's Permanent Eyeliner Pen promises to last over 24 hours, a claim I haven't tested. This eyeliner is available in two basic shades, black and brown. This pen liner retails for $16, but they're currently 50% off. I received this eyeliner in my June My Glam Bag. Marbella products can be purchased at http://www.diosacosmetics.com/. This eyeliner was made in Germany. I can't find any animal testing information, but if Marbella is a German brand, it's products likely aren't tested on animals, per European Union law.
Packaging is simple, and a little bit stylin'. A thin, long black pen with a matching cap that snaps on firmly, protecting the product from drying out. The name of the product is written in shiny, gold, capital letters. The black and gold appeals to me for obvious reasons. A little bit of product info is written on the pen as well, plus several symbols. This pen is a duo tip, meaning you can pull the tip out and turn it around for a thicker tip. The second tip is slightly thicker. Don't do this with bare fingers. I made this mistake and have had dark fingers since. Marbella suggests storing their eyeliner pen horizontally for best results, though that seems counter-intuitive. The pen hasn't dried up on me yet though, so I guess it works.
The aforementioned duo tip is roughly the same size on each even. The internal side looks larger, but the line it produces is only marginally thicker. The pen tip is a little too soft at the tip, but is pretty stable otherwise. It's able to trace my lash line with ease and creates a nice little wing. The tip is more precise than it looks, and is pretty moist. I'm usually not a fan of eyeliner pens cause I find them hard to maneuver on my small lids, but I actually like using this liner. The product dries pretty quickly, even though Marbella admits it can take up to a minute.
I wish the color of Marbella's black was more pigmented. It's really more of a soft black or dark charcoal, and it seems to have bluish tones to it. I think it's supposed to be like that though, cause the online swatch looks like a dark steel blue. That's not black, call it what it is. It goes on dark enough to pass for black, and is opaque in one pass. This eyeliner is dark enough but a little more intensity would've been nice
While I haven't tested to see if this Permanent Eyeliner Pen lasts 24+ hours, I believe it could. I swatched this product on my arm and putzied with the tip about 20 hours ago and the eyeliner is definitely still there, only barely faded. I've tried washing it off with just soap and water with no avail. This liquid liner stays put for me, but I've heard a lot of complaints about smudging and running. Marbella's Permanent Eyeliner can be removed with cleanser, but it's better to use an oil based makeup remover. It comes off very easily with my Almay Eye Makeup Remover, but there's one big problem. This stuff stains my eyelids. After I wear this product my lash line is stained a weird shade of blue that makes me look exhausted or beat up. Not cute. I guess that's what makes it permanent though.
Before I finish up on the review, we need to discuss the natural, organic formula. That's complete and utter bullshit. A fellow blogger contacted Marbella and MyGlam when couldn't find any ingredients. Marbella ignored her request for an ingredient list, but MyGlam supplied the information, and it was kinda shocking. This "all natural" formula contains four types of parabens, and other chemicals. Nothing really out of the ordinary, but nothing natural or organic either, except the water.
I have really mixed feelings about Marbella's Permanent Eyeliner Pen. The brand lied about the nature of the ingredients, they're like the opposite of natural and organic. The eyeliner is nice though. It applies well. The tip is well saturated with product and is precise. The color could be a more intense black, but it's dark enough for daily use. Packaging looks good. The product wears well. I find the way it stains my lids kinda concerning and really annoying. Idk. This is an ok eyeliner. I wouldn't repurchase it, it definitely isn't worth $16, and I don't trust the brand, so I can't recommend it. There are better, more trustworthy pen liners at the drugstore for half the price or less.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Hooptie72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This came in my June Glam Bag. I have been looking for a liquid liner that I can use to draw a nice straight line. I have always had very crepey eyelids and it is only getting worse as I age. The edge of my line is always crooked. I have mostly tried only drugstore brands. The felt tip pens that I have tried seem to dry up right away and I have trouble getting the product out. This is the best I have tried so far. The product comes out very easily and has helped me draw a nice line. It wears well as I have oily skin but is in no way "semi-permanent". I was yawning which made my eyes slightly water. I touched a tissue to my eyes and the product came off. The first few times that I used it, the liner sort of absorbed up into the tiny creases in the corner of my eye. (like I said, my eyes are pretty crepey). This doesn't happen any more. I have read others that bought this through Diosacosmetics.com and received half off after signing up for the newsletters. I will probably purchase another for half price but don't know if I would pay $20.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by sbiringer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product and get away from the traditional waterproof eyeliner. I received this in my June Glam Bag. I have oily skin. I always apply UD eye shadow primer before applying my eye makeup. I applied the Marbella and then my eye shadow in the morning around 7am. When it was quitting time for me at work (4pm), I noticed that the eyeliner transferred to right above the crease of my eyelid!! Thank goodness I was wearing dark eye shadow where it wasn't too noticeable but I was so disappointed. I guess I will have to stick to Maybelline's Waterproof Ultra Liner. That product seems to never flake, run or transfer on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by katchimo

There's something that irks me about an eyeliner that markets itself as useless with lenses. If a product targets the eyes I would expect it to be considerable to glass and lens wearing clients. No, I don't wear either, but most people do and you lose a large chunk of your market because of it.

That said I think this is a decent eyeliner. I have oilier eyelids so normally liquid eyeliners will migrate within a minute of wear time but this stays put no doubt because the formula is a lot more like a Crayola marker. It even washes off like one so that knocks out the "Permanent" tagline too. (Actually their website says Semi-permanent, was there not enough room to add four more letters?)

However, this IS the first liquid eyeliner I own where I have managed to successfully sweep a cats eye over my eyelid. The felt tip is sturdy (a teeny bit scratchier than I would like) so it's easy to make clean lines with. I do not understand the point of it's "duo tip" design where I have to pull the tip from the felt and change it to a new felt tip. If you're using any eyeliner to the point that you damage it's tip than you are doing it wrong and most likely poking yourself blind. You also get your fingers dirty and black.

I purchased the eyeliner as part of a monthly package but MSRP (as of this post) is 19 dollars. Would I purchase this again? Maybe if they cleaned up their marketing and gave me a list of their ingredients.