April 19, 2014 | 1760 users online

Fragrances - Clinique - Happy Heart

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by grayeyedkat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like this product, generally. It goes with Clinique's over all cleanliness and clearness. I like that it's floral, clean, fresh, and light. It has almost a powdery scent, though I could see how some would interpret it as a soapy-type scent. I think that's what they were going for in that it smells like you've just stepped out of the shower.

Despite loving the scent, it does irritate my sinuses and lungs. It makes me cough. Though, I feel that it's worth it since it's only a small annoyance at first and then goes away.

Pros: scent gives impression of just having stepped from the shower, easily obtained in stores or online, a staple fragrance, available in larger quantity bottles

Cons: expensive, not overly unique (it won't set you apart from the crowd), could potentially be allergy or asthma triggers

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. This is a fragrance that I've smelled before, many times. It is another one of those "zingy, soapy-fresh florals" that have run neck-in-neck with gourmands as THE most popular fragrance style of the past 15 years. Personally, I find this entire genre of fragrances screechy, sharp and irritating to my sinuses, and they're all more alike than they are different-- which is annoying in and of itself. I expect more from my perfume than to hover above my skin like a giant phantom soap bar, never melding with my chemistry.

Happy Heart is "nice," the cucumber and water lily are refreshing, I prefer it to Happy with its wallop of orange candy; and it's certainly more well-done than a lot of cheaper offerings. But, in the end, it just doesn't inspire me. I feel like I am having my humanity aggressively deodorized out of me by a slew of synthetic notes.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A fresh floral smell. To me there is nothing special about it. Just flat sweetness. Might suit a very young girl who likes romantic floral scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by samm23

my husband bought me this for my birthday, based on the fact I had worn the original before .I really liked this and received plenty of comments from friends. It was an easy perfume to wear, a light citrus/floral that was not overpowering at all, yes I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I used to love the original Happy, so bought this on a whim when I wanted a change. I am terrible at describing fragrances so I will just describe this as the regular Happy fragrance with a more citrus and floral scent. Not anything special and did start to give me headaches after a while. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by lucyzta

I like this perfume. It actually smells better on me now than it did last year (strange but true!). It has good staying power. It's sweet and feminine. Definitely very distinctive. I like it. I would repurchase eventually or recommend to someone :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by musicMAKEUPmelodrama

I am in love with this perfume!! I really like the original Happy perfume but Happy Heart surpassed the original by far. It's very citrusy, clean, and is in no way overpowering which some fragrances can be. I've tried a lot of different scents throughout the years and this one is by far one of my favorites. The staying power is awesome as well. Sometimes a scent smells really good but after an hour or so, it disappears. Not so with this fragrance. I can't say enough positive things about this perfume!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by highmaintenancepanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this scent. I purchased it as part of a 5-pack mini gift set Clinique had on special. Out of all of them, it's my favourite. It's a light citrus/floral and smells divine. It lasts, too. I only have to spray it on again if I'm going on at night or change my clothes. When the mini bottle runs out, I'll purchase the full-size one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by tattedtutie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love Clinique Happy Heart and have been wearing it for almost ten years now. Its' zesty/fruitlike scent isn't overpowering and not too light; it stays on you and hours later you'll still be smellin' nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by shoshana25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really tried to like this fragrance, since i'm really into clean fragrances, but it never ceases to annoy me , hurt my throat and give me a headache. I would really hate to be around anyone that wears Happy Heart. It goes on sooo strong and never seems to develop. Not for me. Sorry :(. 1 Lippie for packaging, simple and clean looking.