September 2, 2014 | 1475 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by seafoam7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This polish is a true blood red. Indoors it's definitely darker and more sultry. Outdoors, it takes on a maraschino cherry hue. Malaga Wine is classic and it should feel right anytime. The texture is very jelly-like but adds to the shine and overall mood.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by smanha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The perfect red for pale ish people! It's not that BRIGHT red, fire hydrant red, hooker red. It's a classier, more elegant, expensive call girl red. Good for any season or occasion. Resistant to chipping for a while! Thanks, OPI!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

The very very best red out there. Looks good on everyone. The only nail polish I have bought over and over again. I think I read somewhere that Princess Di used to wear this sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by classicbelle

Love this color . I got compliment wearing this polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first OPI polish that I've tried and I love it! It makes me feel like licking it lol. Because it's the same colour as some cherry lollipops I used to eat. I only put on one coat because 2 coats makes it too dark for my taste, with one coat it's already opaque, but the colour is lighter. It's the longest lasting nail polish that I have, most nail polishes don't even last 2 days on me. I've had it on now for 4 days and no chipping, I'm going to keep it on until it chips but it looks GREAT at this moment! I'm definitely going to try more OPI polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Everyone compliments me on my nails when I wear Malaga wine. I literally mean everyone. Cashiers, friends coworkers my (male) doctor the list goes on and on. This amount of compliments from people I don't even know goes to show what a unique and flattering wine shade this is. Perfect for fall and winter. If I want to get noticed this is the nail polish to wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by starlightsparkl

I am absolutely OBSESSED. Let me first say that i completely understand why people invest in OPI nail polishes, simply for the following reasons:
1) This polish is a gorgeous, perfect red that would compliment so many skin tones.
2) The formula is extremely smooth, opaque, and forgiving. Even if you aren't the best at painting your nails, the formula makes this polish extremely easy to apply.

Overall, a very classy color and a nice shiny finish. I would definitely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

This looks darker in the bottle than it applies. I love how it looks on my nails in artificial light/low light situations, but in the sun it looks very tomato red on me, instead of the darker oxblood that I was hoping for. I will be demoting this one to a pedi shade, but it may end up in my swap pile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Malaga Wine is a versatile, fairly unique shade of red. It's a neutral toned red, so it's not orange-y or too purplish. Depending on the light, it's a cherry red (in sunlight) or a crimson/wine shade (indoors/dim light)- it falls somewhere in between under indoor light. This quality alone makes this one of my favorite shades of red, since it's flattering for all seasons. I also love that it's a cream, easy to apply color that doesn't streak; I apply two coats over a base coat and finish with a top coat. I tend to mostly wear it fall/winter, and usually opt for brighter colors in the summer. I have NC 35 skin tone, and Malaga Wine looks great on me. Since it doesn't lean on one end or the other on the red color-spectrum, it's a happy medium that I think would flatter all but the darker skin tones (which would probably look better with lighter and brighter polishes). I'd say if you have fair to medium/tan skin, you'll probably like Malaga Wine. It's a beautiful, classy OPI red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I keep seeing this described as red, and it is, more or less, but it's red in the way that wine is red, that is, it's richly medium-dark, plummy, and leans purple. This is especially visible on the first coat, which is typically streaky and thin (the plummy-purpley edge is very apparent, though). By the second coat, I have acceptable opacity, and a deeper, more red-wine colour.

This has a lovely, smooth formula, good application, and, of course, the nice, wide, OPI Pro-Wide brush. I don't know if I'd call this a jelly, but it's certainly jelly-like. Maybe calling it a jelly-creme would be approriate, because it really does seem to be somewhere in between. It's got depth of colour like a jelly, but also characteristics of a creme.

I have to admit, I have a long love affair with plummy, wine red nail polishes. This one is one of the best I've worn, and I'd certainly buy it again. Yum. :)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No