November 25, 2014 | 1806 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I found this little gem when looking for a dupe of Guerlain's L'Heure Bleu nail polish, because I needed a cheaper alternative. With OPI's extensive colour range, I knew I would find something. This is it! With two coats, this polish produces a deep blue-toned red that is creamy with a slight jelly-like sheen. Many people have told me that they actually prefer this colour than the Guerlain one that I was looking for. The colour is more rich and is more berry-like than brown-toned. On my pale skin, it is stunning to say the least. I think I will be wearing this quite frequently this fall and winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

This is the perfect red to transition into fall. As others have said, it's a blood red, and in sunlight it looks cherry. Opacity can be achieved with one good coat, if you like. For my pedi, I did a single coat since I didn't want it TOO dark, then I used Sally Hansen Super Shine topcoat....I am at ten days without a chip. And as usual with OPI, application is a breeze.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by seafoam7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This polish is a true blood red. Indoors it's definitely darker and more sultry. Outdoors, it takes on a maraschino cherry hue. Malaga Wine is classic and it should feel right anytime. The texture is very jelly-like but adds to the shine and overall mood.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by smanha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The perfect red for pale ish people! It's not that BRIGHT red, fire hydrant red, hooker red. It's a classier, more elegant, expensive call girl red. Good for any season or occasion. Resistant to chipping for a while! Thanks, OPI!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

The very very best red out there. Looks good on everyone. The only nail polish I have bought over and over again. I think I read somewhere that Princess Di used to wear this sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by classicbelle

Love this color . I got compliment wearing this polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first OPI polish that I've tried and I love it! It makes me feel like licking it lol. Because it's the same colour as some cherry lollipops I used to eat. I only put on one coat because 2 coats makes it too dark for my taste, with one coat it's already opaque, but the colour is lighter. It's the longest lasting nail polish that I have, most nail polishes don't even last 2 days on me. I've had it on now for 4 days and no chipping, I'm going to keep it on until it chips but it looks GREAT at this moment! I'm definitely going to try more OPI polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Everyone compliments me on my nails when I wear Malaga wine. I literally mean everyone. Cashiers, friends coworkers my (male) doctor the list goes on and on. This amount of compliments from people I don't even know goes to show what a unique and flattering wine shade this is. Perfect for fall and winter. If I want to get noticed this is the nail polish to wear.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by starlightsparkl

I am absolutely OBSESSED. Let me first say that i completely understand why people invest in OPI nail polishes, simply for the following reasons:
1) This polish is a gorgeous, perfect red that would compliment so many skin tones.
2) The formula is extremely smooth, opaque, and forgiving. Even if you aren't the best at painting your nails, the formula makes this polish extremely easy to apply.

Overall, a very classy color and a nice shiny finish. I would definitely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

This looks darker in the bottle than it applies. I love how it looks on my nails in artificial light/low light situations, but in the sun it looks very tomato red on me, instead of the darker oxblood that I was hoping for. I will be demoting this one to a pedi shade, but it may end up in my swap pile.