Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vertigo

3.6

on 10/24/2014 8:21:00 AM

Quality is really absulutely bad. This varnish starts to chip only a couple of hours after application, and total mess on the following day! The colour is nice, looks like a dark brown with a slight purplish-greyish hue.

on 2/5/2008 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Pretty.....a rusty kind of red with a gold-ish shimmer. Metallic/shimmer polish. Usual Chanel quality - it lasts quite well on me.

Love, love, love this shade! I hate the brushes that come with Chanel polishes, but I adore this color! Great for fall and winter. It is somewhat similar to OPI God Save the Queen's Nails (which I also love), but Vertigo is a tad darker I think. This is a keeper.

on 5/9/2007 6:26:00 PM

Gorgeous color. It's a complex, flattering burgundy with gold shimmer. Vertigo is the sort of nail polish you actually get compliments on. Unfortunately, I don't think Chanel's quality is worth the price here. I find that this (and Pirate, the only other Chanel polish I've tried), doesn't chip, but it peels off, usually when exposed to heat, like in the shower. And it often does it soon after application. Not OK for a $20 nail polish.

on 11/29/2005 12:43:00 PM

This is a beautiful deep berry shimmer polish. I really like the metallic sheen of it due to the gold microshimmer, but it took 3 coats to get it streakfree. I actually prefer OPI's God Save the Queen's Nails, which gives me a similar color in 2 coats and is a fraction of the price.

on 11/29/2004 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is possibly my favorite shade to bring when I have a manicure! It's a classy berry with an ingenious gold/bronze sheen through it, just unique enough to be extraordinary. Always get a ton of compliments with this color...definite repurchase!

I love this. It was my nail color for Fall 2002. I hope it becomes part of the regular line, the MA told me it was only a trend color.

Popular Polishes