September 18, 2014 | 1980 users online

Brows - Chanel - Perfect Brows

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by NatFearnley

Love love love this eyebrow kit! I have been using it for three years! I have recently started using Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz & pomade, which I love, however I feel this palette gives a softer more natural look and Anastasia Beverly Hills more suited for an evening look!

Being a makeup artist, not all my clients like extremely defined eyebrows which sometimes can look quite harsh, instead this little beauty creates a natural finish but still defines the eyebrows beautiful.

I know its pretty pricey, but it lasts forever!!! I bought mine almost 1 1/2 year ago and its just running out!

Not all eyebrows brushes pick up the product very well, I found MAC 206 to be the best for this product!

Also, love that it comes with a mirror, little tweezers and an eyebrow brush and a velvet cover for the case!

Overall, quality product!! 5 lippys :) x

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by danapop

I bought this one at least 3 years ago and I've used it everyday (on the days I use makeup, that is nornally 6 days per week). I normaly scratch the powder with the brush included in the kit, combine all the three coulours and use a thin brush from MAC (great brush, I don't remember the numer, it is an eyeliner brush). The powder is a bit waxy, and keeps my eyebrows in place the whole day.
I don't know if I would buy it again, I have been using it for a long time, and I think I have at least one more year worth of product. I think I'll try something less expensive next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Angeline

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now this one I love, and so does my Mum, so she's nicked it. Rats.
For my glowing review:-

All the little tools look like dinky black mini toys but actually work great...provided you don't have fingers like sausages (because I keep dropping them and have to look everywhere most days...this is the only con- other than the price, since I'm really clumsy and kinda short sighted too)

The teensy tweezers are gentle, no probs tugging out a stray hair or two, never yanks out chunks of skin either. The stiff little angle brush is amazing...very very easy to colour in natural looking brows (and not have them end up like a tadpole- unlike the Bobbi Brown brush) I mix the light brown shade with the mid dark brown for a matte, polished brunette colour. Very nice. Stays on all day, I don't need any brow coat for help.

5 stars! But messy when taken on holiday, I found it difficult to do my brows using the small mirror (can't be helped, not a design flaw) and much prefer using this as home where I can peer into a large mirror up close. My Shu Uemura brow pencil is good for portability purposes then.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by fleurissante

I despise brow pencils, as I find them too sharp and too obvious. I have oily skin and I do not trust them to stay on, without smearing during summer, when my skin is super oily.

I was filling the brows with matte brown eyeshadow, but the eyeshadow tended to have a weak staying power and it would usually disappear until the noon. One year ago I’ve decided to get a special kit, intended for eyebrows only. I was considering Clarins, Benefit and Chanel. Clarins didn’t seem bad, but the packaging felt really flimsy, so I’ve decided to pass it. Benefit was just basically matte eyeshadow, so I avoided it. Chanel Le Sourcil de Chanel (or Perfect Brows) looked really good, but the price scared me a bit.
One month ago, I’ve decided to bit the bullet and finally got it. I’m in love ever since.
Le Sourcil de Chanel retails for $65 (53 euros). The compact comes in a black velvet box and it includes 5 grams of brow powder in three shades, eyebrow comb, eyebrow powder applicator, mini tweezers, maginfying mirror and instructions.
The tools are amazing, if a bit too small and difficult to handle.
The eyebrow powder applicator is very stiff, but it is necessary because of the texture of the brow powder.
The mini tweezers are excellent – they can pluck even the tiniest hair, but they are difficult to manoeuvre, because, well, they are tiny.
The brow powder comes in three shades: medium dark brown, taupe brown and black. I find the first two shades the same in the terms of darkness, but the first shade is much warmer.

The shades seem universal and the kit would work for a wide variety of people. The only people who should avoid it are redheads and very light blondes (one thing I really like about this kit is that neither shade is too orange).

Even though the shades look dark and intense, when they apply, they are very sheer. You can see that the black colour, when swatched, looks more like a dark brown. The swatch is made with medium heavy application.
The texture of the powder is unlike any I have ever seen before. Usually, the brow powder can double up as the matte eyeshadow. Well, it is impossible with Chanel. The powder is extremely hard. If you swipe the fingertip lightly, you won’t pick up any colour. This is the reason why the applicator is very stiff. You need to scrape the powder with the applicator and then press (or swipe) it lightly over the eyebrow. The applicator may scratch, so don’t press it too hard. I have tried to apply it with softer brush, but it was impossible to pick any colour. The only other solution I can think of is to scrape a bit of powder with the stiffer brush and then pick the loose powder with a softer brush.
The effect of the powder is amazing. I feel as if it is impossible to overdo it. The eyebrows look really natural, I’m amazed. I can pull off even the darkest shade (which is no wonder as my eyebrows are black) without making too big a contrast between my hair and eyebrow colour.
Another great thing is that because of the powder’s texture, the eyebrow powder stays on for the whole day. It doesn’t matter whether my skin is super oily or I sweat a lot, the powder won’t budge, smear or disappear.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Toffee921

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it is OK, but not the best. the price is too expensive and maybe 80% of it goes to the package. the brush inside is not easy to handle, bristle is too harsh, the tweezer is ok though. and the mirror??? i just can not use it at all, make me dizzy...compare with baremineral and benefit, i like this one least.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by luisareyna

By far one of the most expensive brow products I have EVER purchased. However this is one of the best you can currently buy on the market if you live for the "naturally flawless eyebrows" look. It takes more time to do your eyebrows with this product as opposed to a traditional pencil, but the results are truly flawless. The undertone to this powder is grey, therefore you will not look like you have anything in your brows even in natural or fluorescent lighting (ugly and obvious red pencil strokes in your eyebrows, anyone?). Another great thing about this is that you are getting more than your $65 dollars worth. One palette has easily lasted me throughout 2 years and still has a lot of mileage left -- whereas i'll go through anywhere between 4-6 pencils every two years. Great investment for anyone who can't leave the house without undetectable, flawless eyebrows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Holy eyebrows this was expensive! I became interested in this product after a lady from the Chanel counter did my makeup at one of their events. When I came home I was shocked by how full and beautiful my eyebrows were and when I looked at them closely, they did not look filled in at all so of course, later that day I bought a kit. Here's where it gets rough: the price. I paid $70CAN for this kit not including tax. The price almost gave me a heart attack. Really Chanel? This product was amazing and I would buy it again but $70 for 3 colours and only one of them you will use- not the smartest system and horrid pricing. That for me personally is the only downfall of this product. However, one very unfortunate thing about this kit other than the price is that it does not cater to people with blond eyebrows. The lightest shade is comparable to Omega eyeshadow by MAC so if your eyebrows are any lighter than that, you're out of luck. One weird thing about this kit is that the texture of the 'shadows' or 'eyebrow colours' is so bizarre and unlike anything I've ever felt before. I did not find that it was compatible with a standard brow brush but only with their mini brush that came with the kit since the bristles are so stiff. Overall I personally really enjoyed the kit but am still deciding if it was worth it! Be very cautious when going to purchase this because if you don't like it, thats a lot of money to give away for a disliked product.

Again, not recommended for girls with blonde or red brows**

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Bibeesh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brow kit. It is pricey but i have been using it everyday for almost a year and it is still as new. i prefer it to brow pencils. U can mix the 3 colors or just use one at a time depends on ur skin and hair color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I first tried this, I was honestly disappointed. It felt like I had to scrape the dry product off (Mac 266 didn't work too soft), and it applied very harshly and was hard to control. I love my Shu uemura hard brow pencil, still do. But I've learnt the trick with this powder, or rather wax brow product. Try using the brush it comes with but just light strokes on the powder and light long feather strokes across yr brow. Tilt the brush for a finer tip application and viola! Natural brows and last the whole day! Pricey and potentially hard to work with, I can use the darkish or middle dark brown shades but becos my brows are blackish, I prefer the darker shade. This will last forever, so I don't see why I'd repurchase. Lol. The Chanel compact looks amazing too, but super pricey for a brow product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by sel21

This is the best brow powder I have ever used. For years I had overplucked my brows on the top and outer sides- by the time I realised how ridiculous it looked, hardly any hairs would grow back. For me, it's less a case of 'filling in' bare spots, and more a case of essentially creating a brow shape along the top. Pencils looked way too harsh, and every powder I've used prior to this either looked too heavy or was the wrong colour match (I have olive skin and dark brown/black hair). I was amazed to see that Chanel's perfect brows looks so so natural. Given the fact I have virtually no hairs where I apply it, I can hardly see that I have any brow powder on at all! I a so happy! The powder comes in three shades, I use the darkest brown- I don't use their brush, its rubbish, I use my own softer one. The product goes on very faintly, I have to apply a few layers of this shadow to get the look I want, but the extra time this takes is definitely worth it, as the final result is very very natural. I HIGHLY recommend this, it's worth the money!