July 23, 2014 | 1988 users online

Hair - Kerastase - Masquintense - Fine Hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've officially given up searching for a cheaper product that performs the same kind of magic that this does to my hair. I've concluded that product does not exist.

This is absolutely worth the price. I'm currently growing my straight, fine, color-treated hair out (it's just past my shoulders now) and I'm absolutely babying my hair because I want it to look healthy when it's long. I use this a couple of times a week, once just as a regular conditioner, and once as a leave-in treatment (usually for 30 minutes, with a shower cap on). It's made such a huge difference in my hair that even my hair stylist (who I've been going to every other month for 6+ years) noticed and commented on how much easier it was to detangle/comb out my hair after washing it.

I'm able to use this all over my hair, including my roots, and it doesn't weigh it down. I've never been able to do that with other heavy-duty conditioners.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by AngelicMaris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is the bomb. I have tried various hair masks and this one is HG. I have dry, fine hair and not much of it either. This product leaves my hair moisturized, detangled, voluminous and smooth.
I would very much recommend it

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sally35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In my opinion, this is completely overrated. It caused the sides of my face and neck to break out and did nothing special for my hair. When I contacted Kerastase to inquire into their return policy, I got no response. I can tolerate having a bad experience with a product as there's no telling how you'll react to new ingredients, but when I spend $100 on 3 hair products, I expect them to at least be backed up by decent customer service. I much prefer Biolage's Conditioning Balm or Aveda Damage Remedy to this. I doubt I will buy Kerastase products again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by kariin

I had expected more from this treatment. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it's nothing special really. Hair gets pretty soft, with a little added shine but it doesn't feel like it's nourishing or repairing my hair deeply.
This feels like a conditioner more than a deep treatment. The smell is heaven though, can't really get enough! Flowery and fresh. I don't know if I would repurchase this one, choosing a straight NO as an answear feels harsh, but probably not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

HG. A guaranteed good hair day every time I use it. I have fine hair with a coarse texture that can't decide if it's curly or straight. My hair is transformed from dull/dry to something out of a commercial... SUPER SHINY light, frizz free and deliciously scented. Expensive, but since a little goes a long way not so bad. Was lucky and got it in a special packaged deal with a deluxe trial of Bain 2 and Nector Thermique. Worth every cent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AMAZING - my hair feels thick and dense, looks very good too. Never I would notice such results coming from just a mask. Price is sky-rocketing but this is definitely a stapler.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

The review is for Masquintense Fine.
I wish I could understand why this works so well for everyone else but not for me. I guess it's the same problem I have with Nectar Termique. My hair is long and straight, not too thin but not thick either, dark blond, with L'Oreal Platinium highlights (which is an ammonia free bleach), a bit damaged with coloring and heat exposure from straightening but not overall unhealthy. I hoped this would make it look healthier, shinier and thicker (basically the way it looks when it's not treated with color). But what this does is make my hair lifeless. I've tried using it different ways... I've tried leaving it in 15 minutes, I've tried longer, I've tried it every day, then once a week, with different shampoos... basically all combinations. But the result is always the same. Lifeless, a bit frizzy hair that gets oily sooner than usuall. Maybe I should try the Thick formula, maybe I'd be surprised.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Meli83

I love this product. Oh hell I swear by it.... I have had long brown hair for a long time and so I decided one day that I wanted a lighter colour and went ahead and bleached it ( not blond, light brownish/copper). And let me tell you it was a disaster. My hair was left dry and really really not pretty at all. I had to cut a whole lot of it but my hair was still very damaged and dry. So I came across this product and after a few weeks OMG.... My hair is alive again. It is shiny, it is soft, bouncy and just beautiful. I love it so much that I use it every time I wash my hair.
I also use the bain satin shampoo and nectar terminique and I can promise you that I will so continue to do so, as my hair has never been this healthy looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was afraid to try this for a long time, since I thought it would be too heavy for fine hair (like Bain Satin 1, which made it greasy). But now I've finally given in, and I'm really pleased with this masque. I have been using it as my regular conditioner for a week now, and my hair looks the best ever even though I really need a trim. It makes my hair SO soft, completely tangle free and shiny - it actually looks really healthy. And much to my surprise, it makes it feel slightly thicker too. One time I tried leaving it on for 10 minutes with heat, but I think this performs even better used as regular conditioner left on for 5 minutes (avoiding the roots).
I just love Kerastase, they make me forget all about my split ends and make me think I have beautiful hair again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by RedSlipper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this mask. Nothing I have tried has made my hair feel this good. My hair just feels nourished and healthy, rather than siliconey and weighed down.

My hair is long, straight and fine, but there is a lot of it. It is pretty damaged from dying and I believe I have over proteined it.

I shampoo in the shower without conditioning, then towel dry my hair and let it air dry a bit and then apply a hazelnut size amount and massage it into my hair from my ears down. I wrap my head up in a grocery bag ( lolz ) and wait for quite a while.