September 22, 2014 | 1818 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Coup de Theatre 2 in 1 False Lash Illusion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Jo333

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this new single wand remake of the dual wanded Coup de Theatre is a shadow of the original concept. The new formula is dubbed 2 in 1 which is a play on words as this led me to believe it was the 2 wand formula i trusted - when in fact it says 'allongment and volume' to describe its dual 2in1 effect. the packaging is eye-catching and hypnotic. the reality is this new formula is difficult to apply, needs to be combed out with an additional brush as it really clumps, and once dry - it flakes everywhere, making my eyes itchy and sore!

The original formula was so different when it was introduced and was a little more expensive but worth it as the results were amazing. It was a double-wanded mascara with 1st step being the white elastic base and 2nd a glossy and separating black formula wand - making for a lovely set of long natural lashes without the need for lash curlers, tho if you did this too then they would be so long they would hit the top eyelid!

It seems the original formula has been copied by other brands, now with a premium price tag :(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by duchy13

Had to keep applying this product to make any kind of difference to my lashes. Other mascaras I have used require only one or two coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by classicfresh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very pleased with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by shaych

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is actually quite amazing! I have been complimented quite a few times when wearing it, is quite noticable...

im not much of a mascara person and tend to wear it when im going out on occasions only but with this I think its suitable to wear everyday and really makes your lashes stand out WITHOUT the clumpy look you sometimes get..

I think this is what a mascara should do..no downfalls...brilliant mascara...bourjois make quality products!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by jellybaby21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This used to be my HG mascara, it deifines, lengthens and volumising lashes brilliantly. I would have given it a 5 and said I would buy it again, but I discovered Bourjois test on animals :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by squishie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this today in Blue Spectaculaire (blue) and Brun fabuleux (bronze).
In Australia the price of this mascara is $21, however i found 2 coloured ones on clearance sale and it appears to have discontinued from the regular line.
My blue one even with a security sticker stuck on top seemed to have been opened by someone previously and the store sealed it back up :( So it bugs me a little this product doesn't have a box or plastic over it. So i decided to open and try it first.
The brush is very rubbery and super flexible i thought it may have been snapped when i was pulling it out! But it was just bendy :)

I got in and rubbed this all over my lashes. I don't see how this product can be clumpy because the formula is very watery like and thin. After trying to build volume for a while, i realised my lashes weren't going to get any longer. I stepped back and examined how well it went on and it was such a lovely electric purple blue colour. From sideways you can definitely tell they are coloured, however i do have natural black lashes and from far away it will look like a normal black mascara. But it gives this nice halo colour around my eyes and creates a really nice depth you get with good black mascaras. It also looked amazing with the blackish purple eyeliner i was wearing.
I think this is lovely to wear when your eyes feel very plain and you want to give it a subtle pop of colour. It will definitely get the guy looking into your eyes hehe
My lashes look very clean thick and each lash stands on it own even when grouped with other lashes.

I havent tried the bronze one yet and from a previous review it is not your typical dark brown mascara. I think it would be perfect for lightening my brows which sort of made me glad this isn't a mascara with fibre bits.
Overall i would love this to add more length but it is a really nice mascara. $21 is pricey so unless i'm completely out of the 30 other mascaras i own, then i will buy it :)

Oh, i just coated this ontop of my other mascara and the length is amazing! It's between obvious fake lashes and natural lashes. Love it :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

"lash extension" bit burned all over my waterline. actual mascara bit looked awful over it. did not lengthen anything - only irritated my eyes. burny burny burny - avoid if you have sensitive eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by mondrew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was the only brown mascara I could find and I wanted a more natural look for when I can't be bothered wearing any other makeup. I was hoping that if I applied it sparingly it would look natural. I found that even after 2 or more coats it didn't lengthen or volumise, much less make my eyelashes look false so if that's what you're hoping for, it might not live up to your expectations. Worked out good for me though! I would prefer if it had a regular brush. The kind it has tends to scratch worse than a regular brush if i get it against my eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I have very mixed feelings about this mascara. First of all, I"ve been doing the fake lashes thing for some time now. I hate dealing with mascara smudging and getting all over my facecloths. Now that that issue is out of the way, I can continue with my review..

Packaging--I happen to like the double wand. I find that the white "primer" works pretty well in keeping the actual mascara on for quite some time. Also..I like the actual mascara wand. It works for me--especially on the bottom lashes.

Product--The mascara is good--MUCH better than ANY Maybelline mascara I've ever used. Better than Revlon. For me. What I do NOT like is the fact that there does not seem to be much mascara product--that drives me nuts.

Smudge Factor: Surprisingly--this does not smudge at all. When I do wear this mascara, I find that it does last all day--a fact of which I'm very happy about.

Clump Factor: This is not clumpy--another fine quality.

Cleanup: Ugh. THIS is the worse part. This is very hard to get off. I really need to use a very oily product to remove it as I'm older and need to baby the skin around my eyes.

Overall even though this has three stars, I would purchase it again due to the positives outweighing the negatives. Why only three stars if I would purchase this again??? I am not a fan of ANY mascara. I'm a fake lash woman--but when I DO wear mascara--this is the best for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by potteramy100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gives great results on my fine lashes, but it flakes after a few hours and gets in my eyes, aggravating my contacts. Shame, because I like the length etc.