August 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Eyeliner - Hard Candy - Glitter Eye Pencil

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in a really pretty shimmery brown (truffle) because I thought that the brown with gold glitter would compliment my eyes.
I didnt like it at all! The pencil is not smooth and it doesnt glide whatsoever. Its really horrible and such a waste of money esp. for a drugstore eyeliner. The quality and colour payoff just isnt there. Dont waste your money ladies!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by angel2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i was excited about this product because i got it in a fun color (notorious), which was a sparkly purple. when i first put it on u could barely see it at all and needed to reapply several times and the sparkle wasn't really there either...i dont think spending $7 for a pencil eyeliner that doesnt even work :/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by crueltyfree4eve

I really like this product! Not only is it cruelty free which is a total plus! But, I love the colour. I think it's really pigmented and does add a good amount of glitter. I have it in purple and I love it! I usually use this for my upper eyelid, it looks just wonderful. Sometimes i do have to go over twice to get a little bit more colour, but the outcome is great :) It's not too much, but the perfect amount of colour. You can wear this out anyday, for party or casual.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by chibayo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a combo of glitter eyeshadow and the pencil. The pencil is horrible. It hardly shows up and I have to apply a lot of pressure to use it. It also doesn't stay on well at all. A waste of money and space.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by littlepinkpony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh yes.
It's a good product if you want to add a little glitter to your makeup, but otherwise, it's pretty horrible. You have to press down pretty hard to get it to show up even a little, and it fades so quickly it's unbelievable. One day I was in a rush to get my makeup on because I was late, and I decided to add a little pizzaz to my eyeliner. Unfortunately, let's just say that day I went to school with my eyelashes stuck together in a glittery mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this liner! I have it in the pink color and it goes on really well. The color is a dark purpley/pink and it shows up just fine. The staying power is good, too. I can wear it all day without a touchup. Unfortunately, it's a bit pricey for how short the stick is. But I still really like this!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by bathory313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This liner is crap. Seriously. Do not waste your money. As another reviewer said, the initial color quickly fades, leaving you with a weird line of glitter. The product is rough beyond belief (no smooth gliiiiiide here), sometimes leaving you with choppy little jitters across your lash line.

I have tried several Hard Candy products and do not like any of them. Have they reformulated (read: cheapened up on) their products since releasing it to the Wal-Mart masses? Not having tried HC before it hit Wally World, I can't say--but you will get better products by buying Wet N Wild, and at a better price.

I find HC in general to be lacking in quality. This eyeliner may be useful in other ways--writing a mash note to your hot new neighbor, maybe. He'll think a 12-year old is crushing on him. Be sure to write in big letters and use little hearts to dot your "i's". He'll never guess it came from an adult.

Bottom line: This eyeliner sucks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got two during the 75% off sale. I don't like them very much - I can't sharpen them without breaking them, the background color fades quickly leaving glitter everywhere, and they don't apply smoothly.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by FadetoSparkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love glitter pencils & I have this one in black with the silver glitter. It does show up pretty but my problem with this is that it's way too rough. It practically scratched the top of my lids when I applied it. I tried softening it and everything but this is not worth the price for what you get.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Soulever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked up 2 of these during Hard Candy's 75% off sale, so they were about $3.50 each or so. I got the Trailer Trash (silver glitter) and Hyper (brown with gold flecks).

Like other reviewers here, I didn't find that it glided on easily. Even after warming the tip with my fingers, it dragged and tugged on my lids and didn't apply very evenly.

The glitter is very noticeable (where it actually applies) but the background color.. not so much. It ended up disappearing and leaving only the glittery specks behind. The problem is, it doesn't really work as an eyeliner because none of it applies evenly: a chunk of glitter... a faint streak of liner, another chunk of glitter... it just doesn't look very polished.

Washing it all off was a complete nightmare. I tried oils, makeup removers, cleansers, and still found glitter stuck in the spaces between my lashes.

With that, I would use these more as a "glitter application tool" rather than calling it an eyeliner - hah! I'm a bit appalled at the full price, however. I wouldn't pay more than $4 tops for any of these pencils.