September 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Skincare - Face - New York Color - Gel Makeup Remover

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2005 11:11:00 AM More reviews by orangecoriander

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product will remove some waterproof mascaras easily (L'Oreal Volminous, for one), but not others. I like the gel formula because I prefer to not put heavy oils on my oily skin. I wish the packaging were better for dispensing the product. A good buy for the money, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2004 6:28:00 PM More reviews by evilxelf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I use this to take of my face powder and it works wonders. I then just wash my face and it is awesome. I also pair this with vaseline to get my eye makeup off. It can be time consuming but I feel like it is worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by IsisNokomis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really really wanted to like this. A gel m/u remover just sounded so nice! But at last this is crap in a bottle. IMO. I found it dried out my eyes and just moved the m/u around on my face. When I was done wiping it off my face feels tight and it broke me out! I tried using this with a tissue, washcloth and w/water but no luck! I am just glad it was cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 6:19:00 PM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well...I'm iffy on this. It does work, but only to a degree. I originally bought it to help remove my waterproof mascara, but it didn't even budge it. It did, however, take off my eyeshadow and some of my foundation/powder. So, what I do is this...I use a little baby oil to get the mascara, then I rub this all over my face. I then use my Neutrogena Acne Bar to finish washing my makeup off.

Would I buy this again? Maybe...it is only $1.78 at Wal-Mart, but you only get 2 ounces. For about three dollars or less, you can get a bottle of something else that is two or three times that size. So I guess it all depends on just how much you like this. It does not seem to be breaking my face out or causing any irritation, so that's a plus.

UPDATE 8/10/04: I have been using this to help dissolve my ColorStay Stay Natural makeup, and I must say that it works wonders. You can actually see the makeup breaking up and coming off. I then wash my face with cleanser or a gel scrub (such as St. Ives). One bottle has turned out to last me a couple of months, so I think I got my $1.78's worth. I have not tried Revlon's ColorStay makeup remover, but if this works then why pay three times the price? I have adjusted my rating accordingly. One thing you do have to remember...just using this on its own won't remove your makeup, you have to follow with some kind of cleanser. Maybe not the most efficient thing for everyday makeup, but for stuff like ColorStay it is an absolute must. continued >>