Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Orange Ginger Body Wash

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love ginger all year-round, so this is one of my favorite BBW scents. It is gingery, but not overpowering - you don't smell the orange discretely so much as it softens the ginger. Like other Aromatherapy body wash/foam baths, this one doesn't lather up as well (densely) as the regular body wash formula, but I don't mind using a little more to be able to enjoy this happy scent. (If you really want some ginger in your day, try C.O. Bigelow's Ginger Mentha EDT.)

on 12/5/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm big on citrus scents. This is bright and uplifting. I enjoy it very much, but it does slightly dance along the lines of a cleaning product smell. It foams up great and makes for a rich lather. I got this during one of BBW sales as I would not pay full price for this.

on 7/29/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I see something advertised as aromatherapy, I pretty much roll my eyes, but this one delivers. It is delightful to wake up with this scent, and I find that it is unique, for me at least. I had tried Origins ginger line, wanting so badly to love it, but the ginger on it's own wasn't for me. This orange ginger combination, though, makes me want to sing in the shower, and I'm just not a singing in the shower kind of gal. As a cleanser, I find that it lathers really well, and rinses off easily and completely. In a pinch, especially on a dark, cold Winter morning, I might actually pay full price, but as with all BBW products, that's never necessary. On sale, it's a great buy.

on 5/27/2013 4:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product really smells good and does what it claims: awakens you. When I feel completely exhausted and in trouble of doing anything; this smell really helps me feel more energised. I do not know how but it really does. Give it a try, especially body wash and body mist versions.

on 9/27/2012 7:16:00 PM

This product is okay. You have to use a lot to get it to foam and last for your whole body. I didn't really care for any of the scents in the Aromatherapy collection; this was the one I could tolerate the most. I only got it because I had a coupon to get a free one.

on 12/30/2011 7:24:00 PM

this stuff... SMELLS SO GOOD. you have no idea.
I use this during my morning shower and it literally makes me feel awake and happy the minute i smell it, i dont know what it is.
especially when the steam of the shower fills your entire bathroom with the orange and ginger goodness and it lingers on your skin for a while after and ooooooo my - i love it! best smelling shower gel ever

on 3/29/2009 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! The scent is wonderful, and using it is a good way to start a low-energy morning. It lathers and cleans well, and rinses away completely. It's one of the few body washes I like that doesn't moisturize, but it makes me feel great!

on 2/13/2009 10:58:00 PM

I came about trying this product because it is one of the standard shower gels available at the Marriott hotels. I like it. It smells fresh and energizing. The ginger really stands out to me. I usually like things that smell like ginger so for me that is a good thing. My skin is dry and this body wash is not moisturizing enough for me. Because of that, I would not buy it to use on a regular basis but I look forward to trying it again during my next Marriott stay. It smells really nice.

on 1/12/2009 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great pick-me-up bodywash for dreary mornings. I could not help sniffing the bottle. It rinses clean and lathers pretty good without drying my skin or agitating it. I got a bottle for five bucks on sale. It is supposed to create a cheerful effect and I can honestly say that it does. I do hope that it doesn't get discontinued.

on 10/2/2008 10:46:00 PM

Love the lively scent! As far as it's performance as a body wash, it's pretty basic, and the scent doesn't last after you rinse, but it really is aromatherapy for me. I take a big whiff of the stuff, and I'm instantly happier. I'd buy again if I ever run out of body wash, which may take about 3 years, I have so much!