September 23, 2014 | 1955 users online

Pressed Powders - The Body Shop - Pressed Face Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by aayushi08041988

For detailed reviewCheck out

The Body Shop pressed powder is definitely ultra fine. It won't at all make you look too much layered up. The Body Shop pressed powder is so thin that you won't even realize that you are actually wearing it. It is very right that you can wear it over the foundation as well directly on the skin, however, I have a dry skin, so I felt that the direct application on the skin makes your skin over dry and gives you cakey look, though my mom has a combinational skin and she doesn't feel the way I, so I guess the Body shop pressed powder is not that apt for the dry skin beauties. I got the Body shop pressed powder in shade 04. It is available in 6 different shades so choose one according to your skin color.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Rahkayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this! It is buildable and the sales rep said it's good for combination skin, which I have. I think the reason why it's getting a mix between awesome and bad reviews is because everyone has a different skin type. For example, if you have dry skin, don't use this. Actually, don't use any powders on your face. There is a reason why foundation comes in different shapes, sizes, shades, colours, etc. This is a good product though. It's pretty pricey, but I use powder everyday and so it makes sense to purchase and use a higher quality makeup.

Overall fantastic product for my skin type! :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by vhisko

I just needed a compact, and the Body Shop has a sale. It's nothing special, but the sponge behind the mirror in the compact is awful. I have to bring a brush with me whenever I use this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin and eczema, so finding make-up products to suit me is quite a challenge. I would not recommend this if you have dry skin as it is a powder and will make any dry patches very obvious. I recommend a bb cream instead if you have sensitive skin and are looking for a base.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by missidek

Bah, do not be duped by this horrid powder. I have to agree with everyone who has said that it's possibly the worst powder I've ever used. The only pro I can think of is that it starts out as giving good coverage and the shade I bought was a fairly good match for my skintone, I admit. But the benefits become pointless with all the other abysmal effects from this powder. Let me elaborate:

1) To start, it cakes like no other powder I've ever tried. It literally becomes a thick coating over your face and becomes blatantly obvious you're wearing make-up. It is so far from looking "natural", I can't even tell you. And it's not even as if I smeared a heavy layer on to wind up with that effect in the first place, either. In fact, I try NOT to be heavy with powder but this even occurred with a light-medium amount applied with a brush. Honestly, I was counting the minutes until I could get home to wash it off.

2) Next, it does NOT control oil in the least. You are oily an hour after application. I'm not even kidding. And again, I do not have severely oily skin to begin with but it did absolutely nothing to control shine.

3) If I recall, it claimed that it is non-comedogenic (meaning it doesn't clog pores), but I cannot for the life of me fathom how it WOULDN'T with such a thick, gross feeling on your skin. I have no way of proving it but I'm going with my instinct and experience, that it does.

4) Minor point perhaps, but I do not like the packaging. I found it too big and bulky if you wanted to take it with you for touch-ups during the day. (But then, I suppose that's beside the point because why you want to put more of this gunk on your face anyway, is beyond me.)

5) Though not as overly-priced as some other powders, this one did still cost me $30 for a product that is not even worth a quarter of that.

Alas, I will never ever repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by socorroaggabao

the best pressed powder i ever tried. i have a combination/acne prone skin and it works well with my face. i didnt break me out once that's why i liked it. the price is worth it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by mixedmatch

1 lipstick off for the sponge. if you use it frequently, you'll notice that the hairs on the sponge will disappear.

i've been using this for a year. this is my go-to powder, with or without foundation. gives you a nice even finish. blends well on the skin and sheer. it absorbs oil very well and this is very useful for my oily eyelids. love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very finely milled powder that I use in the 01 which is basically translucent. I just use it as a finishing powder or to blend my foundation along the jawline. If I fluff some on my nose, my pores disappear. I'm pretty pale and this works well for me without looking powdery or settling into lines. The compact is sturdy enough, nothing particularly stylish about it though. I use it with a brush as the sponge is worthless and rough and just kind of cakes the powder on. I haven't had any trouble with oxidation.

My one beef is that I hit pan rather quickly -- I don't know if that's because there's not much product for the money or if it's so finely milled it breaks up quickly and adheres to the brush. While it's cheaper than Clinique or Shiseido, it does seem to disappear quickly, so maybe I'd be better off buying a more expensive, but longer lasting powder. I don't know; I haven't done a usage comparison. For now I'll repurchase, but I'm on the lookout for something more economical.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by cvany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product is always in my bag.. the color blends into my skin, n so natural..

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by jojonono

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used it all up very quickly = Not economical
It didn't cover much
I'm really not a fan of this face powder, I didn't break out or anything, but it didn't do anything good either.
I wouldn't recommend buying - for this amount of money, you can get a much better face powder.