July 30, 2014 | 2014 users online

Primer/ Corrector - The Body Shop - Matt It Face & Lips

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by stls

This product was a joke for me. It hardly mattified my skin for 5 minutes. All I got is a siliconey film that made my skin smoother for a while. But as an oil controlling product- big failure!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This worked great for me, helps makeup go on smoothly and primes my lips. Lasts ages as well as you only need a little bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so skeptical about this, it obviously says it will matte the skin, and as someone with very oily skin I doubt most products that claim this.

I was pleasantly surprised! This really does work, and instead of having to blot every hour, I only have to do so every 3 hours or so.
My skin felt like silk once I had applied this, and my foundation and concealer went on beautifully over it.

I paid £10 for 25ml, and the lady gave me a sample worth two applications so I could try before I purchased it, and if the seal wasn't broken I could return it anyway :)

I will be buying this again!

LC x

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by calamityjanek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tend to do makeup fairly quickly. As it may feel really slippery with its silicon inside, it blends and settles down moisturisers I put on before the makeup- eventually. I notice that after a couple of minute after putting the primer on.

The primer is perfect for reducing the appearance of my overstretched pores. The pores under my eyes, cheeks are greatly reduced only with the use of this primer. I am quite unsure about the wrinkles though.

I have an extremely dry skin so oil control is generally not my concern. But even with my dry skin, this primer does not last that long. I think after a few hours, the effect is quite gone and my skin feels stretched, and appears flakey. I guess the primer strips out all the moisture and oil which needs to stay on my skin.

I am not sure whether it causes break outs. I have been using Paula's choice BHA, clinique spot healing gel as well as a two-step cleansing regime always after coming back to home. The primer did not particularly irritate me with rashes or blemishes.

This is my first primer and its lack of moisturising ability lets me down. I plan to purchase the moisturising primer from the Body Shop store or move on to buying from a different brand.

But if you have large pores you want to hide, I think it outperforms Benefit's Feel Good Balm.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2009 8:03:00 AM More reviews by scratchcard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible... Just put it on and was loving the silky texture my skin got, also I looked a bit less shiny. But then I put on my mineralfoundation and OMG the horror.
It looked like my face was superdry and flakey. Ew.
A total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lauraxx

i have very oily skin and it always went shiny around my t-zone and i didn't no why, untill i fogot to put it on one morning and when i went to check my face in the mirror i noticed it was 35% less shiny! and now because of that one time i dont use it as much now. but i do think its good for covering a cracked pimple! but i recommend not putting it all over your t-zone because it will feel very slimy and will go shiny as well.

i hope this review helps anyone :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first used this I loved the soft, velvety texture it gave my skin. I used it mainly on my T-zone and after my normal moisturizer and it seemed fine. I have very, very oily skin and normally blot 5 or 6 times throughout the day, and on the days I used this I found I was actually blotting more, not less! Also, after a few days of use I got pimples on my forehead and nose which wasn't cool. I've stopped using it completely now.

EDIT: Tested this over the past weekend, wore it on the left side of my face and left the other half naked. When I blotted at 1pm, I used 3 papers on the naked side, and 11 on the side with the matte it!! To get exactly the same result. Gutted.

UPDATE: I found a new use for this, for any gals having the same issues I did with it. Instead of using this in the morning as part of my makeup routine, if you wait until later in the day when you get oily, use a tiny blob of this instead of blotting papers on your t-zone and it's fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by AriesD

I asked for a sample of this product from my local Body Shop after reading the reviews on MUA and hoping I didn't react in the same way as many other reviewers did. It didn't take too much in order to cover my entire face and a bit of my neck, and I immediately saw that my face was matte after applying it. My liquid foundation went on smoothly and the finish was great. My problem with this product is that it caused breakouts along my hairline (a place I don't normally breakout) and on my cheeks and along my jawline (where I do breakout).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Proverbial

I have oily skin and an even oilier T-zone, so I purchased this product with hopes of controlling the shine and oil. After several uses over a two week period, I have to say that this product does not live up to its claims for me. It made no difference whether I put it on under my makeup or not, I would still become oily after an hour. Needless to say I was disappointed and will not be purchasing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by hein0201

Okay, so I tried this with the hope that it would help mattify my combo skin. I absolutely am a devoted Body Shop-er, and I hate this product. It did absolutely NOTHING for me. It made my skin feel even greasier (although I think the effect was supposed to be smooth and powdery). I tried different amounts, using it over makeup, under makeup, and finally I just gave up. This may work for some, but did absolutely nothing for me. I threw it out.

The tube is sanitary and clear (so you can see how much is left), which is nice. It's small, so a great size for purse/bag/travel. Definitely a try before you buy type of thing.