July 22, 2014 | 2070 users online

Cleansers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight One Step Face Cleanser - Normal to Oily/Combination Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser, it cleans your skin thoroughly and keep it moist. I have a combination, acne-prone skin and this is one of the best cleanser that I've ever tried in my life. I wish the packaging look a bit prettier (I know, I'm a sucker for pretty bottles) but I can always decant it to a different bottle. Overall, great job Paula!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like Hydralight cleanser because it does what it says. It gets rid of the extra oiliness on my nose yet keeps my often dry cheeks lightly moisturized. I prefer to use Hydralight when I'm feeling extra greasy on my nose. I will be buying CeraVe Hydrating cleanser for days when I'm dry. I love how Paula's Choice does not include irritants or fragrance so you can really clean your eye area from left over make up. It's inexpensive and comes in a generous size. Will buy again :D

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by yazmin77

I have been using the hydralight for a few weeks now, it's a basic gel cleanser that doesn't foam, I use this after I take off my makeup with the jane iridele mitt, this cleanser is useless at taking of me makeup! it does leave my skin slightly dry but not tight!
it's ok but il stick with it untill I can find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by FunNut

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this cleanser and its predecessor for years, it's simply great. It's a gel and doesn't foam at all, but it's highly effective at removing makeup and facial grime. It removes eye makeup extremely well. One doesn't need to use a lot of the product for cleansing, which means a bottle lasts a long time. Thumbs up for this gentle and effective cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by cankcank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's okay! Will keep shopping around

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by latissia72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have not had much success with Paula's Choice (tried both Hydralight and Skin Balancing lines), but this products was just plain awful for my face. I must be allergic to the combination of ingredients in the base of PC because the facial products break me out. This cleanser did not irritate my skin; it just did not clean it. I had to use quite a bit of it to clean the skin (and I was not trying to get it to foam, I know it is not designed to do that). I appreciate that PC recognizes skin can be sensitive AND oily (so hard to shop for these two together), so I was excited about the Hydralight system. However, I eventually ended up with "congested" skin after a couple of months of using this product.

This cleanser, and all of the PC products, are a great value for the money. It's a great line to try, and I hope you can use them.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by rosymel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this cleanser for everyday use. It's not too drying, but it gets my face clean. It removes waterproof eye makeup easily (I should note, though, that I don't wear very much eye makeup at all). The packaging is fine, though I did have one bottle where the top snapped off after about 6 months of use. Which brings me to my next point...the fact that I still hadn't finished the bottle after 6 months means that the largest size lasts a long, long time. Good value for money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

Thanks to the ladies on the Skin Care Board for directing me to Paula's Choice products. They can seem expensive, but Paula seems to have lots of sales on her products and I got a HUGE 16-oz bottle of Hydralight for about $12.00. It's recommended for rosacea and Normal to Oily/Combination skin. No rosacea here, but both my mom and grandma do so I believe rosacea might be in my future. I have combo skin that's fair and very prone to redness. Okay, that's an understatement. Honestly, I am just RED all the time. I posted a FOTD and one lady nicely hinted that my foundation was too pink. I had to tell her, "No baby; that's my skin. In fact, that's my skin neutralized with a full-coverage, gold-toned foundation." So now I'm eliminating fragrance. It seems common sense to me that if my skin is red that I should be gentle. If I have to nix perfumed skincare, so be it; I don't care one way or another. One I've used recently Cetaphil Daily Wash for Normal to Oily and had no apparent problems with it. Unfortunately, Cetaphil-- the brand specifically for sensitive skin--has fragrance! Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Lotion (such a mouthful!) was very nice but left a residue on my face. Hydralight makes my skin feel very clean, but also very soft and not at all like I've stripped all the moisture out of my skin. When I use toner afterward, there's no dirt or makeup leftover on the cotton pad. That's a switch! Really like this product so far.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

This does not foam at all. It's a gel cleanser that behaves like a cream... And I needed a LOT to be able to clean my face, until I got fed up with this and switched back to my old favorites (Avene and Panoxyl cleansers...) I have very oily acne prone skin, and I did NOT felt clean at all after using this.

The ingredients might be good or safe, but still you need that clean feeling, that often is a problem when you have oily skin... You feel greasy very often, so the cleanser and the moisturerizer are important to combat the greasy feeling...

Nothing for oily skin, I'd say!! Maybe for dry skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been a big fan of Paula's for a long time and this is by far my favorite product, even though it is the most simple. I love to use this cleanser with my Clairisonic Plus on the two minute timer and I find that it removes all of my makeup and eye makeup effectively and gently. I use adapalene which makes my sensitive skin even more sensitive, but this cleanser continues not to disappoint! I wouldn't recommend for very oily skin or very dry skin, just a good basic cleanser for normal skin.