Paula's Choice Hydralight One Step Face Cleanser

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin (water-binding agent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (surfactant), Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol (water-binding agents), Sodium Benzoate (preservative), Lactic Acid (water-binding agent), Allantoin (soothing agent), Sodium Hyaluronate (water-binding agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (stabilizer), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (surfactant), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Triethanolamine (Ph balancer), Carbomer (gel-based thickener), Benzophenone-3 (stabilizer),Methylparaben (preservative), Propylparaben (preservative

This is a very good cleanser for those with skin that's a bit more on the oily side rather than dry, so because of this, it's probably not the best choice for me since I have normal to slightly dry skin (I will be trying Paula's RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser next). But anyway, I love that (like most/all of Paula's products) this is fragrance-free and great for sensitive skin. If you need a very gentle cleanser for sensitive skin (and want a brand that doesn't test on animals), this should be your pick. Also, if you want you can use my referral link to get $10 of your order: https://goo.gl/wF1iWe

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Edit: It's winter, and now this is definitely too drying. My moisturizer isn't making up for it, and my face feels tight immediately after washing. I'm going to switch to the Skin Recovery Cleanser for now. Hopefully my redness and flakes will go away! This is still an amazing product, just not for dry skin during the winter.

The price is great for the amount, the 8 oz bottle lasted me 11 months. But make sure you wait for sale days, or stack coupon codes if you're still concerned about the price! If you're a new buyer you can use a referral code to save $10 on your first purchase (here's mine: http://goo.gl/GtjEk5).

Old review below:

I've been using this cleanser for almost 2 years now. When I first bought it I thought I had combination skin, but since finding a good routine my skin has balanced out and I realized I have dry skin. I still love this cleanser, even though it is a bit drying for how dry my skin is. I make up for it by only washing once a day (at night) and using heavy moisturizers and Vaseline to lock in the moisture. My skin is also sensitive but this cleanser doesn't break me out (unless I dry myself out too much by using it too frequently).

I love the gel consistency, a tiny amount covers my entire face and neck. Very gently circling it into my skin removes all of my makeup and it washes off easily.

When i bought the bha 2% liquid, I ordered the hydralight cleanser as samples (you get 3 free!). But after testing it out, I fell in love with it so i ordered the bottle size.

I have closed comedones on my forehead and left cheek, as well as mild rosacea or both my cheeks. However after using the hydralight cleanser, resist toner, and bha 2%, both problems have faded away.

This cleanser glides on smoothly and doesnt leave a tight dry feeling on my face. HOWEVER, if you were a lot of makeup like i do, i suggest removing your makeup first with a makeup wipe since this cleanser does not take off all your makeup.

I would definitely recommend this product. if you are interested in this product or of any Paula's choice product, use this link and get $10 off your purchase! https://goo.gl/zCyvZm

remember you can add another discount while using that link!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I use this in conjunction with the Hydralight toner, Hydralight moisturizer and 2%BHA gel and it's amazing!

I have combination/oily skin that tends to be sensitive along with rosacea and some light acne. After 2 days of using these products I saw a vast improvement. My skin is clearer, more even complexion and very soft. I got the sample sizes first and liked them so much that I bought the full size products less than a week later.

I love that these products are pretty much scent free. I know they are all fragrance free, which I take to mean that no fragrance has been added, but a couple do have a slight scent. Nothing bad or obnoxious, just something that I noticed.

I gave it 4 stars for pricing because I think they are a bit pricey but not as bad as some products out there. I also gave it 4 stars for packaging just because I think the packaging could be more attractive. It's functional but boring.

I would definitely buy this again and recommend to anyone with problem skin. Get the sample sizes first.

Also, Paula's Choice is cruelty free!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Yes, found a nice cleanser for my sensitive combination skin.
Note, I double cleanse in the evening, using sumptuous camomile cleansing balm and the cleanser afterwards.

It cleans my skin without stripping it and my redness tones down.
Most cleansers are causing redness in my face.

I took one lippie off because I love pumps, this packaging squirts out way to much product and it is not a cheap cleanser.

I've only been buying the samples of this (because I am cheap, yo), but I am very pleased with this cleanser. It doesn't dry my face out, which is nothing short of a miracle when it comes to my skin. I actually e-mailed one of their reps explaining my skin type; combination but is very easily dried out and irritated by products, and sensitive. The rep got back to me pleasantly fast and offered to ship me a free sample of the Hydralight Kit. So I figured what the heck, why not? I really, really like this cleanser. It definitely cleans my face but it is so gentle that it does not leave my skin irritated and tight. I will definitely be purchasing the big bottle in the future. I am very impressed with this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good gel cleanser. I have oily skin and it was refreshing and worked well, but ultimately I like her Skin Balancing line a bit better.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I HAD THE SAMPLE
I have oily skin and this gel texture felt good on my skin. I felt a reduction in oiliness and it soothed some areas of my complexion but irritated my forehead momentarily. Despite the label I don't think this would feel good on combination skin and normal skin may feel dried out .

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this cleanser, it cleans your skin thoroughly and keep it moist. I have a combination, acne-prone skin and this is one of the best cleanser that I've ever tried in my life. I need to use a sponge to completely clean my skin if I use a lot of make up but it is not a deal breaker. I wish the packaging look a bit prettier (I know, I'm a sucker for pretty bottles) but I can always decant it to a different bottle. Overall, great job Paula!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like Hydralight cleanser because it does what it says. It gets rid of the extra oiliness on my nose yet keeps my often dry cheeks lightly moisturized. I prefer to use Hydralight when I'm feeling extra greasy on my nose. I will be buying CeraVe Hydrating cleanser for days when I'm dry. I love how Paula's Choice does not include irritants or fragrance so you can really clean your eye area from left over make up. It's inexpensive and comes in a generous size. Will buy again :D