April 18, 2014 | 1033 users online

Mascara - Almay - Bright Eyes Mascara in Black Plum

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm if-y on this product... I got it at Walmart for 97cents with the $4 off coupon. The packaging said Plum for brown eyes, so I picked it up. The color is very pretty- like a deep sparkly purple (not too sparkly) the brush is ehh... Ok. But I prefer rubber brushes instead of this one. The formula is very wet and made my lashes stick all together :( it took forever to put on. The staying power is very good considering I have allergies and my eyes keep watering. The tube it comes in is very sleek- I love it. I will repurchase if i have another coupon. I won't use it everyday- just on the days Im feeling tired so it can can brighten up my eyes...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2006 3:01:00 PM More reviews by pandiddles

Colour looked flat on my lashes, despite its multi-coloured sparkliness. It didn't do much for volume either. But not a bad mascara, no significant clump problems or anything like that. Just nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by LunchattheIvy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great low-priced mascara. I love plum colored masacara, great for my hazel eyes. The plum shade is so slight, but pretty. It does a nice job of adding volume to my lashes. The brush is a bit strange, but I use the longer end for application, and it's all good. Staying power is good too!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2005 11:51:00 AM More reviews by allie_woowoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This isn't a horrible mascara but it's not the greatest. I do however like the change since it's not super black. It isn't very plum though. It's nice for me since I do have very pale skin and it's not as harsh as black mascara can be on me. It lasts a long time and is easily removeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2005 10:55:00 PM More reviews by bri1078

this mascara is great. no clumps and great look.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2005 4:31:00 PM More reviews by sposie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not my favorite mascara because it doesn't define my eye lashes enough for my liking. it is very natural and it takes a look of layers for me to obtain the look i want. i tried Deep Plum, and it does nothing for my green eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2005 2:28:00 AM More reviews by amberchampagne

This is a great mascara - it's a very subtle dark plum color, so it's great for hazel or green eyes. Doesn't smudge and really does make you look more awake and "bright-eyed" - the only reason I don't give this a 5 is because Almay's new mascara for Hazel eyes is even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2005 4:09:00 AM More reviews by emiwood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

big fan. love this. and i'm a mascara whore. i've tried everyone and i am always on the hunt for purple tones (they make green eyes really stand out) which is rare in drugstore brands. this is a fantastic one. never causes racoon eyes! doesen't clump. can really layer to make eyes more or less dramatic. and well priced.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2004 4:37:00 PM More reviews by smcgraw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In general, I like this mascara. It seems to be the one I keep coming back to. Nothing dramatic, but it does make my lashes look longer and gives them a noticeable lift/curl (they're stick straight.) I really like the black/plum color - it's softer than black but definitely noticeable, and really sets off my blue/green eyes and whitens the whites. No smudging or flaking, either.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2004 5:05:00 AM More reviews by mizzypuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mainly only bought this because I was hunting for a purple mascara, and this mascara in Black Plum was about the closest to what I was looking for. It was also very affordable and easy to find. The mascara has a very faint iridescent pearl sheen to it, and those sort of mascaras don't ever make any sort of difference on your lashes. I was also dissapointed to see that the Black Plum color didn't look very plum at all when I applied it.. I may as well have been putting on black mascara.

This mascara seperates well, is light and comfortable to wear, and doesn't clump very badly, but it doesn't give your lashes any more definition, curling or lift than any other plain old, regular mascara.