November 23, 2014 | 934 users online

Cleansers - Boscia - Purifying Cleansing Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

NOTHING SPECIAL. I bought this on Sephora after a lot of research on here+Sephora, but there's nothing special about it. I've used it handful of times by now and really, it's similar to Alpha Hydroxy & Olay's Foaming Face Washes, but easier to rinse off compared to Clinique's Gel Cleanser. The search for my HG face wash continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible for my combo skin. Didn't clean and left a film that caused breakouts unless I spent a lot of time rinsing. Performed like an inferior drugstore gel cleasner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

A great gentle, every day cleanser. I use this with my Clarisonic Mia and my skin feels soft, clean and refreshed afterwards. This being said, although the product claims to have makeup removing properties, it is pertinent to use a makeup remover beforehand, especially for heavy eye makeup (I love the wipes from Simple). The scent is light and refreshing and the product lathers nicely. My skin is pretty acne prone but this did not break me out at all. Recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I repurchased this cleanser after trying it out last summer & it broke me out horribly. Also, it felt really stripping/drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone skin, pretty sensitive sometimes. I wear foundation daily-- sometimes liquid, sometimes powder and concealer. I like the light scent, lathers really well, washes everything off and leaves your skin feeling clean. The only con I can see about this is the fact that I need like 5-7 pumps every night to really feel like I have enough to lather on my face. Probably because it is so gentle. Needless to say this makes the product reach its end quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by BeautyFeline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to work at Nordstrom and have tried so many products for my acne prone skin. I heard about Boscia from research and tried it out. It is exactly what my skin has been looking for. Gentle and simple. Can be used day and night and gets my skin the perfect clean without irritation. Price is very decent. So glad i tried this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Wheatgrass

This is my HG cleanser, it's perfect to use all thought the year (live in NY.) The bottle is on the small size, but a little goes a long way. It's the perfect foam (not too foamy) and leaves my skin clean but not dry squeaky clean. Love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally purchased two bottles of this product since it had high reviews and it was on sale for 50% off. After going through these two bottles I must say there was no drastic change in my skin and I still had the occasional huge pimple on either sides of my cheeks. I would say this is an average gentle cleanser with good lathering properties and a "green" or "nature" scent to it that I wasn't too particularly favorable over. I would not purchase this again because at $26 per bottle I don't think it is worth the price. Boscia is also NOT A CRUELTY FREE brand so I will definitely not repurchase. The only thing I really liked about it was the pump dispenser which I will be refilling with other face washes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

Not sure if I am saying this from personal experience but...a cleanser is a cleanser. For the most part, I don't get dramatically different results from using good DS vs good high end cleansers. The exception being if the cleanser is part of a treatment regimen.

I can say that this is a gentle cleanser that feels cooling on the skin. I got a miniature version in the holiday gift collection of Boscia products. This is the one item that didn't really impress me. It did not leave my skin cleaner or clearer than other well known DS brands. I will say that Iike the scent. But the bottle does not last a long time. The formula is quite thin and does not foam up.

Overall, I think this is a great cleanser. But not worth the price tag. I do get better results using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser or Neutrogena Mask/Cleanser DS products.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kywildcat_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great cleanser! I have oily skin and am prone to breakouts. This has helped tremendously. I have tried lots of different cleansers mainly oil free, this has been the one I always go back to.
I love the pump dispenser.