July 25, 2014 | 977 users online

Cleansers - Boscia - Purifying Cleansing Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I repurchased this cleanser after trying it out last summer & it broke me out horribly. Also, it felt really stripping/drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone skin, pretty sensitive sometimes. I wear foundation daily-- sometimes liquid, sometimes powder and concealer. I like the light scent, lathers really well, washes everything off and leaves your skin feeling clean. The only con I can see about this is the fact that I need like 5-7 pumps every night to really feel like I have enough to lather on my face. Probably because it is so gentle. Needless to say this makes the product reach its end quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by BeautyFeline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to work at Nordstrom and have tried so many products for my acne prone skin. I heard about Boscia from research and tried it out. It is exactly what my skin has been looking for. Gentle and simple. Can be used day and night and gets my skin the perfect clean without irritation. Price is very decent. So glad i tried this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Wheatgrass

This is my HG cleanser, it's perfect to use all thought the year (live in NY.) The bottle is on the small size, but a little goes a long way. It's the perfect foam (not too foamy) and leaves my skin clean but not dry squeaky clean. Love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally purchased two bottles of this product since it had high reviews and it was on sale for 50% off. After going through these two bottles I must say there was no drastic change in my skin and I still had the occasional huge pimple on either sides of my cheeks. I would say this is an average gentle cleanser with good lathering properties and a "green" or "nature" scent to it that I wasn't too particularly favorable over. I would not purchase this again because at $26 per bottle I don't think it is worth the price. Boscia is also NOT A CRUELTY FREE brand so I will definitely not repurchase. The only thing I really liked about it was the pump dispenser which I will be refilling with other face washes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

Not sure if I am saying this from personal experience but...a cleanser is a cleanser. For the most part, I don't get dramatically different results from using good DS vs good high end cleansers. The exception being if the cleanser is part of a treatment regimen.

I can say that this is a gentle cleanser that feels cooling on the skin. I got a miniature version in the holiday gift collection of Boscia products. This is the one item that didn't really impress me. It did not leave my skin cleaner or clearer than other well known DS brands. I will say that Iike the scent. But the bottle does not last a long time. The formula is quite thin and does not foam up.

Overall, I think this is a great cleanser. But not worth the price tag. I do get better results using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser or Neutrogena Mask/Cleanser DS products.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kywildcat_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great cleanser! I have oily skin and am prone to breakouts. This has helped tremendously. I have tried lots of different cleansers mainly oil free, this has been the one I always go back to.
I love the pump dispenser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It could be great cleanser as it removes make up perfectly. Easy to use and I love the bottle with pump. However, it is little too drying for my skin, as well as caused some breakouts.
I tried the oil version too but I did not like the sunflower oil smell and it felt little too oily.
I returned it back at Sephora ($26) and repurchased my lovely Dr. Hauscka - the best cleanser ever, that never ever breaks me out, is not drying.. just perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by saffronia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been my HG pm cleanser for many years. Removed makeup and excess oil beautifully without being drying. Unfortunately they changed the formula recently and I am so very sad as it now burns my skin...it never used to. I'm having to find something comparable and it hasn't been easy! I am holding out that the formula change is temporary...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good little cleanser. At first I thought the thick consistency might break me out, as so many cleansers clog my pores or break me out, or just don't do enough. Which is why I only use Clinique soap to clean my face. Once a week I use this cleanser. It deep cleans my face without causing breakouts. It feels squeaky clean afterwards. I use it on Sat. night and Sunday morning. Monday morning my skin generally looks pristine after a couple uses of this product. Only a miniscule amount is needed, as it is very, very concentrated. This is my first Boscia product.