August 28, 2014 | 587 users online

Eye Shadow - LORAC - Eyeshadow in Enlighten

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This shadow is pretty good. Good thing I got it on sale for only $6, because I don't think it's worth the full price. I love the color, but it doesn't spread on the lid very evenly and doesn't have quite enough color payoff. (I use UDPP with it.) It is great for travel, which is why I got it. The packaging is kind of cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like to use this as a highlight shade it works really well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best eyeshadows! Better than too faced and Urban Decay. It has amazing pigmentation and coverage. They are dream to blend and feel very buttery and creamy. They stick extremely well on the eyelid without even needing a primer. They last the entire day and without creasing! I have deep set eyes and very bad dark circles and this color brings increible light to my eyes. They are shimmery, but Without a trace of glitter or fall out. It makes my eyes appear not so sunken in. Everything you wish an eyeshadow to be!!
EDIT: too shimmery, and caused my eyes to itch a lot. I have sensitive eyes and skin and this exacerbated it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Cara4444

this is a absolutly beautiful highlight! i love to use it on my inner corner and browbone, but sometimes ill even use it on my cheekbones! the color is beautiful! its a staple for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by VanillaTootsieRolls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I frequently (like, almost every day) use shadows that are beige, white or somewhere in between, and I have to give a shout out to Enlighten. I have used it for 3 years and it's a staple for me. It is a pale, bleached out beige with warm, almost pale gold, undertones. It is silky, easy to blend and has the PERFECT amount of shimmer, which is what makes it so versatile. (More versatile than my other fav, Stila's Kitten.) I can see why it's might be too light for some, but for me it's the perfect no-brainer cream shimmer that can be used on browbones, inner corners, or as an allover wash on the lid...but there's something really special and flattering about it that takes it a notch above the million other shimmery taupes out there...I think it's the yellow undertone. Try it, I think you'll like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by christinamariewright

i bought this off the beauty.com website and was let down when i received it. it just seemed like a completely different color than it was advertised. but i know that happens sometimes when ordering online. the consistency and pigment of the shadow is very nice...and feels very silky when applied. i don't use it at all as a shadow...but i've had good luck using it as a highlighter at my eye crease/browbone. and i've also recently started mixing it w/ my under-eye concealer - it really helps brighten that area for me. so, while i don't like the color, i have found many uses again. this should last me quite a long time, but i doubt i'd buy again if i ran out in this lifetime (which is a longshot for how much i use it).
UPDATE: like i said in my earlier review, i don't like this as an eyeshadow, but i've found many other uses for it - highlighting, etc. i realize that i've really learned to blend it properly in all the right spots. and while i wouldn't purchase again as an e/s..i would def purchase again for the uses i do have for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I agree w/ the reviewer before me; Enlighten is too white for me, too. Great quality eyeshadow, though... it blends nicely and has a nice shimmer to it. I was expecting this to be more of a cream color, but on my lids, it just appears white and frosty. (NW25) Too white and frosty to use as a brow highlight, also. It looks fake instead of like a natural highlight. I was hoping this would be like MAC Shroom (other reviewers mentioned that it was) but better pigmented, and even tho Enlighten IS better pigmented... the color is not the nice, creamy, golden beige that Shroom is. So the search continues...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by helenesq

This color is too light - looked almost white on me. Did not like this at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Traonienn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first experience with LORAC shadows and I'm a convert! Enlighten is a shimmery cream color with great staying power and little creasing. I've been looking for the right shade and quality in this color category because it's the only e/s color that looks good on me. I have light-medium skin with slight yellow and pink undertones, bluish-grey eyes and blonde hair. I wear it as a wash on the lid for work, but it builds easily for a great pin-up girl look, too. My only complaint is that the packaging sucks; the cheapy screw-off plastic lid is annoying if you're accustomed other shadows with flip cases. I'm willing to deal with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I really like LORAC shadows, think they are great quality and underrated here at MUA! Enlighten is a shimmery off white shade. Excellent highlighter. Comes in a little black pot with screw off top. I find this equal in quality to MAC shadows! Long lasting without creasing! Retails for $16. I do hate that you cant buy them in pans and I also hate that LORAC likes to make palettes with existing shades, this is also in the new Python Palette.