Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Tapestry Taupe

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/27/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just bought this, and I love it. It's a cool toned taupe with a tiny bit of shimmer, which is exactly what I wanted. There isn't a lot of color payoff, but that's okay, because I use it as a wash of color over the whole eyelid. I layer it over Elf Primer, and it looks terrific. If you want a dark smokey look, this won't work except maybe as a base color.

on 10/14/2014 3:27:00 AM

I read all the great reviews about this and thought I should try it. I bought it many years ago and put it in the back of my stash. I pulled it out the other day to try it and now I remember why I put it there. There is close to no pigmentation on me. And I am very pale, NW20 pale, so you would think there would be something. I just get a very light beige with shimmer. No thanks. I don't know if I got a dud or what but into the garbage it went. I don't even want to bother trying to repurpose it like I do other makeup products I buy and don't like.

on 10/8/2014 10:06:00 AM

This has been a favorite of mine for years now. So versatile, I think pretty much anyone can rock it. I've done both natural and smokey looks with this product, and it always turns out looking amazing. Highly recommend :)

on 7/9/2014 8:54:00 PM

This is my most used eyeshadow color. It is very light and shimmery and looks great with a bit of eyeliner on the top lid with mascara. Makes your eyes pop! I use this almost on a daily basis.

on 3/9/2014 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

An elegant, taupe eyeshadow with lots of shimmer. It turns more gray on my eyelids which I find very flattering on my Asian double lids. With a flick of dark shadow as eyeliner and some black mascara, this is my fail-safe look for the office. For color reference I am NC 30 with warm undertones.

On the issue of pigmentation: it's sheer but not unevenly so. I often wonder why the level of pigmentation often determines a quality product - there are pigmented products on the market that are not user-friendly because it becomes a hassle to blend the color out. This one is subtle and very easy to work with; you could even apply this with fingers if you wanted to.

As for longevity, it doesn't last more than an hour without an eye primer (with the help of NARS Pro Prime, it last 8 hrs). But for me personally, I've never worn eyeshadow on any working day without an eye primer since my eyelids are extremely oily and prone to creasing eyeshadow.

This is a great product and has remained an enduring love.

About the price - it's very affordable. If I could go back in time and advise my old self when she didn't have any pretty eyeshadows to play with, I'd tell her to buy this first. For a drugstore impulse buy, this one is a winner.

on 2/23/2014 1:47:00 PM

I love the colour and it does have staying power. My only complaint is that I'm 2 for 2 for the shadow cracking and becoming powdery all over my makeup case.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like this eyeshadow. It's a very good everyday color. Since it's a taupe, (more on the grey side then MAC's Satin Taupe), it helps the other colors pop, like mascara, brush and lipstick, also this color would be suitable for almost everyone and every color of the outfit. I also feel it shows the color more before applying UD's primer.

on 1/5/2014 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to own a single shadow in champagne which I recall is very pigmented and apply evenly.
Tapestry Taupe is very pretty in pen, however it's TOO SHEER that hardly show up as swatch or eyelid, and way too silvery for my taste.
I got it on sales for around US$2 and it's a good price, but I believed there're other option with better quality and texture.
NOT recommended.

on 8/13/2013 3:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Personally I am "this" close to buying a backup of this shade... It is the best taupe I own, even better than MAC Satin Taupe(which is sometimes too dark) for everyday wear!! I have it on today, with Jordana Fabuliner in black, Nuance Gel pencil liner waterline, and Lorac Pro's black to soften it all up!! With Mascara of course!!

I find it light enough to be brightening and dark enough for a polished, noticeable look. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it, but it can be hard to find because it is so popular! I lost my first one in the old packaging so I bought it in the new packaging and it is still SO SO SO good

There really isn't anything to NOT love about this e/s. I tend towards WNW because I love their pallettes, but I stick to Cover Girl for single colors - and this one is by far my favorite.

It took me awhile to figure out that just getting back into the makeup scene (I literally went about ten years not wearing it) that simplicity is where I should start. I usually wear this as a wash, just one shade. Sometimes I'll put a deeper brown in the crease. I use it with Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner in Coal Commander, and Loreal Voluminous mascara. Great for a day OR evening look.

All in all, it's a great shade and for the price, you should absolutely try it. I guarantee it'll remain in your stash forever!