Physicians Formula gentle Cover concealer(light)

3.5

This is my favorite drugstore concealer, because it works well under the eyes and over blemishes, while blending impeccably and looking very natural. Sometimes, I don't wear foundation, just concealer and powder, so I need a concealer that will "meld" with my own skin and not be obvious where I applied it. I think it has good coverage, and is easy to blend, and lasts well. The packaging is simple, sleek and the doe foot makes application a breeze. I am around an NC 20-25 and using this shade is almost too light for me, but the only other option I ever see in stores is the "yellow" version. There needs to be more shades available, but otherwise this is a good, inexpensive concealer, that does not irritate or make blemishes worse.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I like this concealer. I've bought it several times. I think next time I will look for a palette with several colors included.

Pros: Good consistency. Easy to blend and apply. Medium coverage.

Cons: I need a heavier coverage for acne scarring. I think this is a good concealer for those who need a light to medium coverage. It can cake on the eyes.

on 4/29/2013 5:46:00 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......I think it'd work better, for me, if it wasn't a sheer or light coverage. It does work well, if it's anything minor, but for anything else, I'd look for something else. I do think it is one of the better stick concealers out there, as I like that it is buildable and creamy. It's easy to blend into my skin. Works the best around my eye area. So, I really use it as an eye brightener rather than a concealer. Also, I don't do much blending, when using this, as it doesn't cover well, I tap it on with a concealer brush. This works out better.

on 3/30/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for years. I will say that they needs to make more shades for girls with darker skin tones, but that could be said about many makeup companies....

But this is a good product. I do NOT use this for my under-eye circles. It's far too thick, of course it will be cakey/settle into fine lines. Anyone with any concealer experience should be able to see this just by looking at the product.

It is really, really good for covering blemishes/redness, though. You just dab it on and blend it a little with your finger if needed, as it is quite creamy(similar to dermablend). What's so excellent about this concealer is that it dries nicely, and doesn't leave sticky or oily residue like other concealers. You can put it on and then set it with powder, and the concealer won't cling to everything, making you look splotchy-an issue I have had with other products. I do think they reformulated this, but it still works well for me. They used to have a powder finish stick that I was fond of, too, but they either discontinued it or it has become very rare. The talc-free version is okay, too, but offers a little less coverage in my opinion. Good and easy to find drugstore concealer, worth trying.

Oh, and it has never broken me out, ever. Score.

on 8/20/2012 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted a thicker concealer because I've had back luck with the liquid wand kind. Gentle Cover did the job, and it's surprising that it was among the cheapest concealers at Wal-Mart ($7) since Physicians Formula products are normally very expensive. It's a bit difficult to use with a brush once it starts getting used up, but I'm not sure how the packaging could be improved upon. I like how this concealer lightens up my blue-toned circles under my eyes- I have noticed a bit of creasing in that area, but with primer and not too thick of an application, this should be avoided. I have already re-purchased another one since I'll run out soon.

on 8/16/2012 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not a lot better than similar items, but you really can't go wrong.

on 6/27/2012 5:33:00 AM

I really like the color correctors offered in this line (Yellow/Green) but this did not work for me at all. When used alone, I had to use a lot of it to conceal anything (comparative to the other shades), however, using this amount looked cakey and felt heavy based on the formulation of the product. I was not sure what I could use this for.. not for redness, undereye, etc....

I guess I had specific needs i.e. redness, dark circles, which color correctors did a great job of hiding. But I didn't think this concealer worked very well for any of those uses at all so it was not even a multipurpose concealer.

on 1/28/2012 8:27:00 AM

This is one of the best drugstore concealer sticks. The shade matches my fair skin and never turns into pink as most of the drugstore concealers.
I use it for my acne and it works pretty well.

on 12/24/2011 11:32:00 PM

Not so great, even though it seemed to advertise perfectly for my sensitive, easily allergic eyes. The coloring attracted me as well because it seemed to not be too light or yellow for my skintone. However, just like the other PF concealer, this gentle cover one was far too thick and resulted in undereye puffiness.

on 2/12/2011 10:27:00 PM

Really great concealer!! I was not very happy with my previous concealer and have been looking for a better one for ages and actually saw this one in a makeup tutorial on YouTube by AndreasChoice. The packaging is very convinient being in a lipstick tube and is a lot less messy than a pot. I normally put this under my eyes and blend with a concealer brush, but using your fingers works just as well. I love the creamy texture and I am very happy with the product especially being a drugstore brand. It is definetly one of the best concealers you can find in a drugstore!! Some people are complaining how it doesn't set off undereye circles or blemishes but the brand has special ones specifically suited for those problems so I don't see why they are complaining if they bought this one! It works really great even on a day when you don't want to wear foundation and just put this on and set it with powder. It does fade away a little and might settle in your lines so I reccomend setting it with powder. Otherwise, a great buy!!