October 20, 2014 | 1770 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - gentle Cover concealer(light)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ILikeCakeAndIceCream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this concealer. I've bought it several times. I think next time I will look for a palette with several colors included.

Pros: Good consistency. Easy to blend and apply. Medium coverage.

Cons: I need a heavier coverage for acne scarring. I think this is a good concealer for those who need a light to medium coverage. It can cake on the eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......I think it'd work better, for me, if it wasn't a sheer or light coverage. It does work well, if it's anything minor, but for anything else, I'd look for something else. I do think it is one of the better stick concealers out there, as I like that it is buildable and creamy. It's easy to blend into my skin. Works the best around my eye area. So, I really use it as an eye brightener rather than a concealer. Also, I don't do much blending, when using this, as it doesn't cover well, I tap it on with a concealer brush. This works out better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for years. I will say that they needs to make more shades for girls with darker skin tones, but that could be said about many makeup companies....

But this is a good product. I do NOT use this for my under-eye circles. It's far too thick, of course it will be cakey/settle into fine lines. Anyone with any concealer experience should be able to see this just by looking at the product.

It is really, really good for covering blemishes/redness, though. You just dab it on and blend it a little with your finger if needed, as it is quite creamy(similar to dermablend). What's so excellent about this concealer is that it dries nicely, and doesn't leave sticky or oily residue like other concealers. You can put it on and then set it with powder, and the concealer won't cling to everything, making you look splotchy-an issue I have had with other products. I do think they reformulated this, but it still works well for me. They used to have a powder finish stick that I was fond of, too, but they either discontinued it or it has become very rare. The talc-free version is okay, too, but offers a little less coverage in my opinion. Good and easy to find drugstore concealer, worth trying.

Oh, and it has never broken me out, ever. Score.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted a thicker concealer because I've had back luck with the liquid wand kind. Gentle Cover did the job, and it's surprising that it was among the cheapest concealers at Wal-Mart ($7) since Physicians Formula products are normally very expensive. It's a bit difficult to use with a brush once it starts getting used up, but I'm not sure how the packaging could be improved upon. I like how this concealer lightens up my blue-toned circles under my eyes- I have noticed a bit of creasing in that area, but with primer and not too thick of an application, this should be avoided. I have already re-purchased another one since I'll run out soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not a lot better than similar items, but you really can't go wrong.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by vtr4n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the color correctors offered in this line (Yellow/Green) but this did not work for me at all. When used alone, I had to use a lot of it to conceal anything (comparative to the other shades), however, using this amount looked cakey and felt heavy based on the formulation of the product. I was not sure what I could use this for.. not for redness, undereye, etc....

I guess I had specific needs i.e. redness, dark circles, which color correctors did a great job of hiding. But I didn't think this concealer worked very well for any of those uses at all so it was not even a multipurpose concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by NatN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best drugstore concealer sticks. The shade matches my fair skin and never turns into pink as most of the drugstore concealers.
I use it for my acne and it works pretty well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not so great, even though it seemed to advertise perfectly for my sensitive, easily allergic eyes. The coloring attracted me as well because it seemed to not be too light or yellow for my skintone. However, just like the other PF concealer, this gentle cover one was far too thick and resulted in undereye puffiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by anna0banana

Really great concealer!! I was not very happy with my previous concealer and have been looking for a better one for ages and actually saw this one in a makeup tutorial on YouTube by AndreasChoice. The packaging is very convinient being in a lipstick tube and is a lot less messy than a pot. I normally put this under my eyes and blend with a concealer brush, but using your fingers works just as well. I love the creamy texture and I am very happy with the product especially being a drugstore brand. It is definetly one of the best concealers you can find in a drugstore!! Some people are complaining how it doesn't set off undereye circles or blemishes but the brand has special ones specifically suited for those problems so I don't see why they are complaining if they bought this one! It works really great even on a day when you don't want to wear foundation and just put this on and set it with powder. It does fade away a little and might settle in your lines so I reccomend setting it with powder. Otherwise, a great buy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by canddyy123

Nice packaging good for on the go. I personally like this lipstick tube a lot better than a pot. It's easy to apply and its super smooth. I got it in the color light, which is a little light for me but it's okay because its not WAY to much light. I like how it covers really nicely for my undereye and redness around my nose. It gives a medium-full coverage. It doesn't dry out my undereye area which I usually I have problem with most concealers. Covers really nice and I personally think it's a lot better than the NARS stick concealer. I had that concealer and it was drying and not as creamy as this. So skip out on the crappy NARS one and get the PF one =))