August 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Hair - Joico - K Pak Smoothing Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Didn't quite work out for me. It did make my hair extremely smooth and I also liked that it provided a nice amount of hold. But it left my hair too sticky and dry, and I just hated the way it felt.
For reference I have hair that is thick, dry, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. I always use some kind of leave-in product before blow drying. I had high hopes for this one because I really like Joico's products.
But this wasn't for me- wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by JessicaRabbitVB

I found this smoothing balm at Winners for about $12 and because I was using the K-Pak treatment as well as shampoo and conditioner I thought I would give it a try. I use it on my wet wavy hair before I blow dry and I love it! Def helps with a smoother blow dry process and it really does keep my hair soft. If you can find it at a Winners I would say do that because at Drug Stores I found it to be rather expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by loveisreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm that girl at the salon with hair so big so frizzy and so dry that everyone stairs at after a blow dry. I naturally have horrible hair always have but this product does wonders to it. I use this before i blow dry my hair and it looks like i used a flat iron to straighten my it. I love it, the only thing i hate about it is that I didn't find it any sooner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I'm picked this up at TJ Maxx for about $10. I'm rather impressed by it! It doesn't make my hair 100% silky, but I'm able to have more control over the cowlicks and little annoying nuances my hair has when it needs to be cut. It definitely makes things more manageable!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by MAC96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I began using this and I absoloutely love it! It makes my hair feel and look like Kim Kardashians. My hair is naturally thin and straight/wavy, this products keeps it dtraight and smooth. AMAZING! I will be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by lulubongo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair are thin and not terribly frizzy or anything, so I thought that this product would banish the frizz completly. Well... it does nothing. Or close. I use it before brushing and my hair detangles slightly better,but not as good as after gliss kur. Frizz is maybe slighty smaller and if I use too much product I loose all the volume. Really, nothing special and for this money it should be at least ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by tinnag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I'm not so sure about this product.. I hate the fact that it leaves my palms shimmery, almost "twilight" esque.. And no matter how little I use I always feel like it greases up my hair.. On that note, I still think it works.. in some way! Will not repurchase though

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by nelle4362

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I apply it when my hair is almost dry to probably the bottom 12-14 inches of hair. Be warned, a little goes a long way and too much will weigh down the hair and make it feel greasy. However, I do love how this smoothes my hair and leaves it looking much less unruly as I don't like to straighten it, but do like it smooth out any kinks. One down-side to this product is the packaging- the upside down bottle does not combine well with the runny liquid inside and can get quite messy. Nonetheless i would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 7:47:00 AM More reviews by DistortedDaytime

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product everytime I blow dry my hair and yes, using too much of the product could weigh your hair down.
It leaves my hair silky soft without any frizz at all~ The smell is incredible and I'd love to buy this product again :]

I'm only giving this 4 lippies because I haven't tried this will a flat iron. I'll review this again once I done that~

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by blondie7110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product that leaves your hair very silky. It is heat activated and is a heat protectant, hair smoother, and hair straightener. Great when you flat iron! Has a Keratin Silicone Complex which is great in the humidity keeping your hair straight and frizz free. I live in Florida so this is put to the test on a daily basis! I would recommend this product to anyone who uses heat to style their hair.