Becca Princess Loose Shimmer Powder

4.5

on 11/23/2007 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this!! Layered on top of a pink blush, my cheeks GLOW, but w/o sparkles. I got this on a whim during the Sephora sale, and I'm so glad I did. I now want the pressed version- mainly for ease of use. That's my only gripe with the LSP- the teeny little packaging is so impossible to use! But the super fine lustrous glow these give is worth the trouble, and Princess is my favorite (I think I now have them all!).

I got my first jar of this gorgeous stuff from a lovely MUAer awhile ago, and it's since become my very first HG cheek colour. It's absolutely beautiful- a sheer, healthy pink glow with light shimmer- and quite versatile. It can be worn alone or over another powder or creme blush for extra glow. The colour is immensely flattering and can be worn with lots of different looks, and I absolutely adore it. The only downside is the packaging: the little shaker jar is adorable, but it isn't the most travel-friendly thing I've ever seen. Altogether, though? Love, love, love!

For reference: My foundation shades are MAC NC25 / Chanel Clair / Chantecaille Ivory/Camomile. My eyes are green-grey, and my hair is dark brown. continued >>

on 2/25/2005 12:51:00 PM

I bought the tiny jar ($18) of this, and I love it (although the packaging kind of bugs me). It's versatile and pretty - you do get a pretty, soft, pink glow. I wear it on top of a cream blush or even on top of a MAC paint as an eyeshadow. The staying power isn't great, but it's average. It's just so pretty, sigh. LOVE.

on 1/13/2005 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Shimmery pale pink highliter. On me, it's too sheer to wear alone as a blush, but it's really pretty over another pink blush. I like to pair it with Dandelion for a nice "ballerina" glow. Comes in a cute little jar for $18.

on 12/15/2004 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous color! Unfortunately, Becca decided to add fragrance to the product. To me it smelled like a wet racoon. I was very disappointed. Why do cosmetic companies think they need to put fragrance in blushers and other facial products? Don't they know we all have different tastes? What smells good to one person is obnoxious to another. I had to return this product.

on 5/12/2004 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this! I am LSC in Sand (very fair) and use it as a blush. It's pink with gold shimmer and looks amazing. I use it by itself or lightly dusted over turkish rose sometimes. I have never seen anything like this one before and recommend it highly.

on 4/26/2004 10:59:00 PM

I got a sample of this and I just love it!!! I am a PPP and I use this as a blush, and it makes me look healthy and alive. Will definitely purchase the regular size!

on 3/21/2004 5:01:00 AM

I received a small sample-size of this from a lovely MUA-er and I love it! On Sephora it says this shade is for fair to dark tan complexions, I'm an FFF and this shade was just right for me - a soft, pretty subtle pink. The effect is gorgeous. It doesn't feel gritty like some shimmer powders do and the texture is so soft. When applied, it gives this soft glowy pink effect. I put this on my cheeks over my blusher, the center of my forehead and along the bridge of my nose. My only complaint is the container. It makes it difficult to use and some of it spilt out. But then again mine was the tiny sample-sized one so it might be less of a problem with the full-sized container. LOVE this and am really looking forward to getting more shades :)

on 12/15/2003 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Princess retails for $27 USD. I use this mostly as a blush with build-in highlighter since it goes on as color on my FFF skin. I probably can't use it to highlight the bridge of my nose, for eg. like I would using Hyawatha, Angel or Nymph. I agree with the reviewer in terms of color: warm pink with golden shimmer, think of Stila Legally Blonde Warm set blush only with sheen/glow. My only complaint is the packaging, I wish it is in a screw-top container so it's easier to dispense since I like using this with a brush rather than with the puff.

on 7/3/2003 1:23:00 PM

Tried this as a blush and it's really pretty! It's a pretty glowy pink! The powder's really fine too and I only need to use the tiniest amount to get pretty flushed cheeks!